Dynamix - System Stats

New version available

A update of System Stats is available, you can install the new version using Plugin Control or do a manual installation, steps are below.

1. Download the PLG file - right-click, select "save link as" and store in /boot/config/plugins

2. Telnet into your system

cd /boot/config/plugins

installplg dynamix.system.stats-2.1.2-noarch-bergware.plg

Release notes v2.1.2

Fixed: bar colors inconsistency

Fixed: in-bar display of right-aligned text

Fixed: hide tab when no graphs selected

Fixed: default button operation

Fixed: ignore rogue entries

Added: smart timers

Release notes v2.1.1

Added: new setting 'show disk size'

Release notes v2.1.0

Aligned unRAID v5/v6 release

Fixed: PHP code run in version 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4

Release notes v2.0.6

Fixed: wrong naming to disks when empty slots exist

Release notes v2.0.5

Fixed: display of disk percentages when intermediate empty slots exist

Fixed: flat-lining of network stats after a while

Thanks to some diligent testing of people here on the forum, an error in the disk naming was discovered.  :P

Hence an updated version (again) is made available to have this corrected ...

Note: If you have done a previous update to version 2.0.5 then no reboot required for the update to version 2.0.6. However if you are updating from a version prior to 2.0.5 you will need to reboot your system as indicated in the OT.

Seems to be working Great!! I have had no issues with lost ethernet stats. I didn't have the issue with the disks, so I can't comment!

I have one question regarding Dual Processor systems, Does the Stats page show the average of both combined, Or just the first proc? Is it possible to have a separate graph for each?

Seems to be working Great!! I have had no issues with lost ethernet stats. I didn't have the issue with the disks, so I can't comment!

I have one question regarding Dual Processor systems, Does the Stats page show the average of both combined, Or just the first proc? Is it possible to have a separate graph for each?

The CPU load is the average measured over all the available cores.

At the time, I considered to create separate graphs for each core, but decided the effort to make this doesn't outweigh the benefits. The single graph already gives a good indication of how busy your system is.

For reasons unknown to me at moment, the new SYSSTAT utility may insert rogue values in the network statistics. I created a workaround by filtering out these rogue values from the output to the graph. Current version 2.0.6 has been adapted but needs to be re-installed manually.

Those that are experiencing "undefined" values in the network graph, telnet into your system and do the following:

cd /boot/config/plugins

removeplg dynamix.system.stats-2.0.6-noarch-bergware.plg

rm dynamix/dynamix.system.stats-2.0.6-i486-1.txz

installplg dynamix.system.stats-2.0.6-noarch-bergware.plg

Note: removeplg is a command only available when the Plugin Control add-on is installed (it basically does the opposite of what installplg is doing - thus undoing the plugin installation)

If you haven't upgraded yet to version 2.0.6, then just follow the normal upgrade procedure.

Just started a parity check after changing the scaling_governor and the disk performance is showing 750MB/s.

Should this not be 750Mb/s instead.

No, storage I/O performance is expressed in MB/s. The values shown is the total of all disks together. In case of a parity check you see the sum of all your drives, 750 MB/s isn't too bad.

Feature request.

On the System Stats tab would it be possible to include current cpu frequency/frequencies for the individual cores.

I put this on the list of feature requests, no guarantee though it will be implemented  ;)

I have a small bug....or it could be my computer not sure.... When I have stats set to show one graph per line, if I scroll down to look at the bottom graph, every time the graph refreshes it scrolls back to the top automatically. It only seems to do this on Safari on my mac, Chrome works great!

I have a small bug....or it could be my computer not sure.... When I have stats set to show one graph per line, if I scroll down to look at the bottom graph, every time the graph refreshes it scrolls back to the top automatically. It only seems to do this on Safari on my mac, Chrome works great!

Are you happen to run the apcupsd plugin ?

You might want to have a look at http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=29605.0

The system stats plugin 'forgot' to delete the package, which mean it didn't install the packages if one of the other dynamix plugins writes this file first (but it will have executed a file with 'unknown' content).

I have attached a patch.

Best regards, Alex

Thanks for spotting :)

You might want to have a look at http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=29605.0

No, only running the the dynamic plugin set, plex and SSH. I have only installed 6 of the dynamic plugins, Web Gui, Disk health, system info, system stats, system temp & plugin control

No, only running the the dynamic plugin set, plex and SSH. I have only installed 6 of the dynamic plugins, Web Gui, Disk health, system info, system stats, system temp & plugin control

Had a look, it's a "feature" of Safari to move back to the top, can't change that !!

Humm,

I think previous version works a bit better (for me).

Now frequently I have to reload stats page because one graph is empty, usually disks or network.

After reload all graphs show right info.

I seem to be having this issue intermittently....but only with the disks, I also find sometimes the left hand scale shows all 0%'s at every interval

Humm,

I think previous version works a bit better (for me).

Now frequently I have to reload stats page because one graph is empty, usually disks or network.

After reload all graphs show right info.

Can you uninstall & install the plugin again using Plugin Control.

I have made a workaround for rogue entries, this is in version 2.0.6, but you need to do an uninstallation first to get it.

• 4 weeks later...

New version 2.1.1 of System Stats is available. See the OT for the changes.

This version allows to show disk sizes in the disk usage table. A new setting is introduced to show or hide (=default) the disk sizes, see the stats settings page.

Note: after upgrading the stats settings are reset to default.

New version 2.1.2 of System Stats is available. See the OT for the changes.

This version is mainly fixes and provides a smarter implementation of the background updating of the graphs (avoid unnecessary HTTP requests to emhttp).

The PLG file is amended to allow new settings to be added without the need to reset all to default. Should make everyone's life easier :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just wanted to file a bug report.  If I remove the plugin via plugin control, the appropriate cronjob is apparently not removed, and I get this email:

Subject: cron for user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

/bin/sh: /usr/lib/sa/sa1: No such file or directory

Thanks!

Hey just wanted to file a bug report.  If I remove the plugin via plugin control, the appropriate cronjob is apparently not removed, and I get this email:

Subject: cron for user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

/bin/sh: /usr/lib/sa/sa1: No such file or directory

Thanks!

Right, need to remove the cron entry upon uninstall. Thanks for your feedback.

• 1 month later...

hi, I just wanna report different between Dynamix stat and Unmenu sysinfo

I'm using

Intel Xeon 1230v2

Asrock H77 Pro4 MVP

I run unraid as ESXI guest, so this maybe the cause :P

but Dynamix report I'm using Pentium PRO 3.3Ghz while Unmenu report correctly that I'm using Xeon 1230v2.

It doesnt effect anything and I dont care much about it..but I thought you might want to know.

I'm guessing Dynamix saying that I'm using Pentium PRO is due to that Family Member:6

cpuinfo1.png.ebaec5cee6f2dbec21936c1df6165005.png

cpuinfo2.png.e19615e49caa514b949b58b94b5249ce.png