Ultimate custom unraid install

I have been running unraid 4.33 mostly stock for many months now, and have mostly just used it as originally intended, as a file box. I toyed around with the first iterations of unMenu, and liked what I saw alot. I am now about ready to build my second box, and before I get it in place and start using it, I wanted to pimp it out.

I would like advice as to the best order of operations and versions to get to a fully customizable flash based install. i.e., the proper (popular?) directory structure on the flash for add on packages, and which version of things are needed.

I'd like to end up with bubbaraid + unmenu +mymain +ups +powerdown +email notification +preclear all living on the flash drive.

Eventually it might be cool to do the VMware thing, but I'm not clear on the requirement for it to live on the cache drive (which I use, but I'm not sure I want installed software to run from)

If I need to wait for the 4.4 tree to settle down, I'm game, or I can build it all on 4.33 if it will work on the new "official" supermicro board C2SEE or C2SEA. I remember reading somewhere the onboard SATA doesn't work with 4.33.

Thanks,

Jonathan