ELI5 - How to I correctly upgrade from 5.0-rc8a to 5.0.4

Hi Dale,

Sorry, that does sound like important things I failed to mention...

I have 1 Parity, 2 data, 1 cache and my Flash Key is pro.

I currently do not have any plugins installed. The only reason I am wanting to upgrade my perfectly working system is the plugins that I want to use claim I need a version newer than what I'm running.

Thank you so much

With no plugins, it's very simple ...

The details are here:  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrade_Instructions

But to summarize for your specific version:

Just download v5.0.4 and extract the files.

Then copy bzimage, bzroot, memtest, and readme.txt to the flash drive ... replacing the ones that are already there (you can do this across your network directly to the flash drive).

Then reboot the server.  You should see "Stopped. Configuration valid".  BEFORE you Start the array do the following (from the Wiki):

Click on each disk link on the Main page and examine the Partition format field. If you see "MBR: error", or "MBR: unknown" for any disk, do not Start the array; instead post your finding in the Forum announcement thread for this release.

If everything looked okay, just Start the array.

Depending on your security settings, you may then need to go to Utils/New Permissions and execute the permissions utility to set up your file ownership and permissions.