Bittorent Sync

kizer

I'm wondering how it works on a network drive if it gets disconnected. I wonder if it will delete all the contents thinking its gone.

I haven't played with this yet but seriously want to.

It is quite intelligent, just as BitTorrent clients are. When the Brazilian guy you're downloading whatever off of goes offline does your hard drive suddenly delete all torrented data? No, it will keep the file fragment as best it can and pick up with someone else (or when the network drive is present again).

I use it from my phone to my PC to backup pics/videos. I start and stop it on my phone all the time so I'm not sucking up battery/data usage.  So far works very well.  The android client has some quirks with the "back-up" version from what I've read (ie the one-direction sync) which they say there are trying to iron out. But the two way sync works well (so just don't change the backed-up side).  Much better speed wise than dropbox/sugarsync (now paid)/etc