What should the name of the 'new unRAID OS' be?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted none.  I would have voted for unRAID Full Distro or Full Server Edition.  I haven't been keeping up on the treads but if this is going to be supported by lime-technology maybe renaming the original unraid to something like unRAID CLI or Essentials.

Others

GUILD - GUI Linux Distro

Enhanced - EE

Advanced - AE

Versatile - VE

Multipurpose Edition - ME

Doesn't need a new name just an explaination.    In the downloads section........

1) unRAID standalone NAS - Classic unRAID configuration installable to a flash drive

2) unRAID installable - Add to any supported Linux distribution via _________________________.

Kryspy

If Lime Technology releases an unRAID package without it doing a stuff to each Distro and no repo... I'd call it "suckRAID".

After all the various Linux Distros see us posting on their forums asking what happened to reiserfs and where is reiserfs-utils (CentOS and several other Distros no longer support it / have a reiser-utils package in their package manager), update issues, grub issues, why can't I do X, Y and Z (even though I am running a custom kernel and many of the features are turned off by design) posts... "suckRAID" is eventually what it will be referred too / know as.

If Lime Technology releases it's own unRAID Distro (in whatever Linux Distro)... I'd call it unRAID UNLEASHED.