PlexWatch and PlexWatchWeb - install.sh - unRAID 5.* only (until webserver)

When I run that code I get this:

root@Tower:~# /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl

Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl line 16.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl line 16.

I'm not sure which port is used by plexWatchWeb, tried 32400 and 32443. Where do I find it?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I run that code I get this:

root@Tower:~# /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl

Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl line 16.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl line 16.

I'm not sure which port is used by plexWatchWeb, tried 32400 and 32443. Where do I find it?

It would be the port of the webserver plugin. 

Also, it seems the run.sh didn't install the dependencies.  I'd run (it takes a while)

sudo sh /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/run.sh

Hmm I was pretty sure it was ran just now, but as you suggested I am running it now as I type. When it is done is there anything else I should do to enable it?

Also, it's pretty weird that the plexwatchweb would be at the same port as the plex server, I thought it would be different.. Unless you are referring to the Dynamix Web Server plugin (Run your own web server, including PHP)?

Hmm I was pretty sure it was ran just now, but as you suggested I am running it now as I type. When it is done is there anything else I should do to enable it?

Also, it's pretty weird that the plexwatchweb would be at the same port as the plex server, I thought it would be different.. Unless you are referring to the Dynamix Web Server plugin (Run your own web server, including PHP)?

Yes, I mean the Dynamix Web Server plugin.  Sorry :)  Nothing else you need to do to enable it.

Ah my bad then, I misread it as (unraid) server with Dynamix installed. :-[

Now accessing tower:81/plexWatchWeb says 404 - Not Found

I guess I need to adjust the php.ini now (yay it appeared). I will report how it goes.

I would also make sure the the "Web Root Directory" in the Dynamix plugin is "/mnt/cache/appdata/www"

I guess I need to adjust the php.ini now (yay it appeared). I will report how it goes.

I would also make sure the the "Web Root Directory" in the Dynamix plugin is "/mnt/cache/appdata/www"

Yea that made it appear, I missed the instruction again. :|

The instruction says to leave the plexwatchweb settings as it is, but it keeps asking me to fill in those blanks, otherwise I cannot click Save, even though the plexwatch/config.pl have already been prefilled? Is this suppose to happen?

edit: went ahead and filled it in. On first glance it seems ok, but I cannot access the other settings besides General for some reason.

edit2: currently playing works, but users tab and charts tab are totally blank. Watching history/stats tab does not show anything.

Yea that made it appear, I missed the instruction again. :|

The instruction says to leave the plexwatchweb settings as it is, but it keeps asking me to fill in those blanks, otherwise I cannot click Save, even though the plexwatch/config.pl have already been prefilled? Is this suppose to happen?

edit: went ahead and filled it in. On first glance it seems ok, but I cannot access the other settings besides General for some reason.

the plexWatchWeb settings are "greyed in" but not actually there, you can type in those settings. config.pl needs to be edited ;)

Will the plugin auto update when a new web version is released? Or is it possible to get the dev branch instead of the master branch for web? I might be facing some issues with web1.4.1, because except for knowing which computer is playing what file, the web know nothing else.

Here are my settings

$data_dir = '/mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/'; ## to store the DB, logfile - can b

e the same as this script

$server_log = '/mnt/disk2/apps/plex/tmp/Library/Application Support/Plex Media S

erver/Logs/Plex Media Server.log'; ## used to log IP address of user (alpha)

$log_client_ip = 1; ## requires $server_log to be available too. (requires File:

:ReadBackwards)

## also required DEBUG log to be turned on in the PMS

$debug_logging = 1; ## logs to $data_dir/debug.log ( not verbose enough yet.. st

ill todo )

## myplex user/pass ONLY required if you have set the PMS to 'Require authentica

tion on local networks' and $server is not set to localhost

$myPlex_user = 'plexuserhere';

$myPlex_pass = 'plexpasshere';

$server = 'localhost'; ## IP of PMS - or localhost

$port = 32400;        ## port of PMS

$notify_started = 1;  # !deprecated -- does nothing anymore (use push_watched,

push_watching in $notify)

$notify_stopped = 1;  # !deprecated -- does nothing anymore (use push_watched,

config.pl: unmodified: line 1

Will the plugin auto update when a new web version is released? Or is it possible to get the dev branch instead of the master branch for web? I might be facing some issues with web1.4.1, because except for knowing which computer is playing what file, the web know nothing else.

Here are my settings

$data_dir = '/mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/'; ## to store the DB, logfile - can b

e the same as this script

$server_log = '/mnt/disk2/apps/plex/tmp/Library/Application Support/Plex Media S

erver/Logs/Plex Media Server.log'; ## used to log IP address of user (alpha)

$log_client_ip = 1; ## requires $server_log to be available too. (requires File:

:ReadBackwards)

## also required DEBUG log to be turned on in the PMS

$debug_logging = 1; ## logs to $data_dir/debug.log ( not verbose enough yet.. st

ill todo )

## myplex user/pass ONLY required if you have set the PMS to 'Require authentica

tion on local networks' and $server is not set to localhost

$myPlex_user = 'plexuserhere';

$myPlex_pass = 'plexpasshere';

$server = 'localhost'; ## IP of PMS - or localhost

$port = 32400;        ## port of PMS

$notify_started = 1;  # !deprecated -- does nothing anymore (use push_watched,

push_watching in $notify)

$notify_stopped = 1;  # !deprecated -- does nothing anymore (use push_watched,

config.pl: unmodified: line 1

It won't auto update.  Member over at plex forums made a script to update - https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/93731-upsboard-usenet-plex-stats/page-7#entry561443.

You can tell if your config.pl is working by running the following command. If no errors come back, you are all set.

/mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl

No errors, so it's good. Not sure what's with plexwatchweb malfunctioning.

Looks like doing a manual "git pull" in the plexWatch folder will do just fine.

Last question, what about updating the plexwatchweb?

And btw, thank you for making this, if you got PayPal let me send you a couple of dollars (still a student) if you like!

No errors, so it's good. Not sure what's with plexwatchweb malfunctioning.

Looks like doing a manual "git pull" in the plexWatch folder will do just fine.

And btw, thank you for making this, if you got PayPal let me send you a couple of dollars (still a student) if you like!

Thanks for the offer, but that's fine :)  What kinda malfunctioning do you have?

http://i.imgur.com/sivd8Gp.png

http://i.imgur.com/r0HNs05.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZQ9fq8R.png

It is weird that they are all blanks, even tried it on different browsers (ie, ff, chrome). Also couldn't access settings. Is is possible somewhere went wrong during installation?

hmm developer says that php5-json has to be installed as well. It hasn't been added to his documentation - https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/82819-plexwatchweb-a-web-front-end-for-plexwatch/page-28#entry565957

Also, just to make sure its not a cron issue

[*]Start playing a movie/show thru plex

[*]run plexWatch.pl

[*]stop playing a movie thru plex

[*]run plexWatch.pl

Does anything show up now?

And just to double check.  You took the semi-colons out from infront of

extension=curl.so

extension=sqlite.so

extension=sqlite3.so

and stop/started the webserver after those changes?

I did the commands and it seems like nothing changed... same behaviour as if I played it using the client. The page doesn't refresh to load the current playing item, BUT it will autoupdate to show "Current Activity 1 user(s) Nothing is currently being watched.". Once you do a manual refresh, the icon appears as in the previous screenshot, and the Recently Added section disappears.

I did the commands and it seems like nothing changed... same behaviour as if I played it using the client. The page doesn't refresh to load the current playing item, BUT it will autoupdate to show "Current Activity 1 user(s) Nothing is currently being watched.". Once you do a manual refresh, the icon appears as in the previous screenshot, and the Recently Added section disappears.

https://github.com/ecleese/plexWatchWeb/wiki/General-Troubleshooting#wiki-saving-plexwatchweb-settings-displays-a-blank-page-andor-my-web-server-error-log-shows-a-certificate-problem

??

Hmm I don't think that should be the issue since I am not using any https anywhere..

1. Is there a way I can update plexWatchWeb or change it to the dev branch? I believe it might be faulty at the time it was downloaded. It is now version 1.5.0 https://raw.github.com/ecleese/plexWatchWeb/master/change.log.

edit: got it, git pull at /mnt/cache/appdata/www/plexWatchWeb.

2. How do I install the php5-json?

edit2: finally fixed it. I looked at the /var/log/lighttpd/php.errors.log (thank god for that!) and there were errors accessing the database, so I looked at the config.php (the one where we saved for the first time setup for plexWatchWeb), and there were plenty of spaces in the beginning for the path to the db for some reason. Removed them and it works fine now! Thanks so much for trying to debug it for me! Wow this plugin is awesome!

Had to uninstall this and reinstall this plugin v0.8 (due to some other plugin issues).

For some reason perl wasn't installed, but yet plexWatch(Web) seems to start and works fine. I don't need the notifications anyway. Btw the path is not boot/config/plugins/plexWatch/run.sh (it does not exist) but it's in /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/run.sh. However I believe the perl plugin is needed to stop the plugin (for unmounting/shutting down)?

Had to uninstall this and reinstall this plugin v0.8 (due to some other plugin issues).

For some reason perl wasn't installed, but yet plexWatch(Web) seems to start and works fine. I don't need the notifications anyway. Btw the path is not boot/config/plugins/plexWatch/run.sh (it does not exist) but it's in /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/run.sh. However I believe the perl plugin is needed to stop the plugin (for unmounting/shutting down)?

If you were on an older version it may be in /boot/config/plugins/plexWatch, but I did move it out of there into the appdata location.  Perl should be installed as part of the dependencies.  What happens when you type in  "which perl" into command line?