unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta1-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

The upgrade from v5.0.x instructions say to copy the config folder back onto the upgraded flash drive, but say nothing about the .key file from the root of the old flash.  Are there other steps missing from the instructions I should know about?

The upgrade from v5.0.x instructions say to copy the config folder back onto the upgraded flash drive, but say nothing about the .key file from the root of the old flash.  Are there other steps missing from the instructions I should know about?

copy the .key file over if you have one.  most people put that key file in there config folder

The key file is in the config folder, not the root folder.

When you say "old flash", do you mean you have changed flash drives? Your key file only works for one specific flash drive.

Yes, when I said 'old flash' I was referring to the same drive before upgrade. 

I wasn't aware that most folks have their key file in the config directory.  Mine has been installed at the root for so many years I couldn't tell you why it's there.  I just thought that's where it belonged.  I'll move it to my config folder, and test, before upgrade.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Yes, when I said 'old flash' I was referring to the same drive before upgrade. 

I wasn't aware that most folks have their key file in the config directory.  Mine has been installed at the root for so many years I couldn't tell you why it's there.  I just thought that's where it belonged.  I'll move it to my config folder, and test, before upgrade.

Thanks for the quick replies!

It is my understanding that unRAID looks in both places.  It is easier at the "root" level if you swap between different configuration directories... and easier to move a configuration to a new flash drive if in the config directory.  Your choice.

Joe L.