Special offer: Second Key for 30 bucks

limetech

UPDATE:  As of the release of unRAID 6.0-rc1, this offer has expired.

Since some users might want to check out unRAID OS version 6 on a test server, we are offering a "second key" for the price of $30.  This is the same price difference between Plus-1/Plus-2 and Pro-1/Pro-2.  If you already purchased a Plus-2 or Pro-2, then you can get a third key.

This is for existing customers only, limit of one per customer please.

If interested, here's the link:

http://lime-technology.com/second-key/

Edit:  Note Tom's answer to a question later in this thread -- if you want to take advantage of this offer, but don't have an extra flash drive yet, you can buy the key and use "123456789012345678901234567" as the GUID and put a note in the comments field "For Future Use".    You can then simply send an e-mail with the correct GUID when you later get the flash drive you want to use for this key.    This is the same process he's supported for a long time when you buy a "2-pack" key and don't need the 2nd GUID right away.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you give us some idea of how long you are going to keep this offer open? I don't mean the exact expiration, just an idea.

Weeks?

Months?

Until version 6 is final?

Until demand falls?

I'm definitely going to be adding a key for testing, but I don't have one I want to commit yet.

Ideally I want to find a SD reader to license, but I haven't investigated what's working and has unique GUID's recently.

Can you give us some idea of how long you are going to keep this offer open? I don't mean the exact expiration, just an idea.

Weeks?

Months?

Until demand falls?

I'm definitely going to be adding a key for testing, but I don't have one I want to commit yet.

Ideally I want to find a SD reader to license, but I haven't investigated what's working and has unique GUID's recently.

It will last at least through unRaid 6.0-beta.

Weeks?

Months?

Until demand falls?

I saw elsewhere someone was using a Kingston G2 reader with SD cards for unRAID. I've just ordered both this ($7) and a G3 ($19) off of Amazon to try for this. The G3 is USB 3 so perhaps not of interest but it looks possibly sturdier and I thought I'd try it out :-) I'll try to report back on my findings when they arrive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw elsewhere someone was using a Kingston G2 reader with SD cards for unRAID. I've just ordered both this ($7) and a G3 ($19) off of Amazon to try for this. The G3 is USB 3 so perhaps not of interest but it looks possibly sturdier and I thought I'd try it out :-) I'll try to report back on my findings when they arrive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hazily remember reading that the G3 wouldn't work for some reason, and I couldn't find any reasonably priced G2's. Mind sharing the link for a $7 G2?

I want to buy a second key. I'm a little bit confused about the FLASH GUID.  Do we put the FLASH GUID of my cutprrent Pro license server or the one for a new flash drive?

New flash drive. Tom will issue a license based on the GUID you enter into the web form. He must be able to find you as a current customer based on the email you submit.

I want to buy a second key. I'm a little bit confused about the FLASH GUID.  Do we put the FLASH GUID of my cutprrent Pro license server or the one for a new flash drive?

New flash drive. Tom will issue a license based on the GUID you enter into the web form. He must be able to find you as a current customer based on the email you submit.

so... am I walking through this correctly?

1. copy current flash to new flash drive of choice,

2. boot server with this new flash to retrieve GUID from main page,

3. copy GUID to order form and send off to Tom,

4. boot server with original flash drive and all is well.

5. wait for new license key to arrive...

No need to copy current flash drive to the new one ... just run MakeBootable from the new UnRAID distribution you want to test (v5.0.5 or v6) on the new flash drive => then boot to that flash drive.  You can boot this on any PC you want ... your current server; a spare PC; etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  If you have not changed the name of your current UnRAID server from Tower to something else, be sure it's turned off when you boot the other flash drive -- you do NOT want two "Tower"s on the network at the same time.

Access the Web GUI -- there won't be any drives assigned ... and you DO NOT want to assign any.  All you want to do at this point is click on "Flash" on the main page.    This will show you the GUID for that flash drive.

Now buy a license key for that drive, and it's now ready to boot.

Remember that if you want to have BOTH your current UnRAID server and a new v6 server running at the same time, you have to rename at least one of them.

Looks just like the one I use now....

I just ordered  http://www.interstatemusic.com/search/Kingston%20MobileLite%20G2.aspx

to take advantage of this offer :)

I hazily remember reading that the G3 wouldn't work for some reason, and I couldn't find any reasonably priced G2's.

If my memory serves correctly (it often fails these days!), someone tried the G3 and found that, by default, it tries to boot off the micro-SD slot rather than the standard SD slot.  This would be a change in behaviour from the G2, which I use.  I think that someone else then posted to say that you can select which slot  is used, within the BIOS - this would be my expectation, since I see an option to boot from the micro-SD, although I've never tried it.  Of course, this may be mobo/BIOS dependent.

I recall that as well.  Initial reports were that the G3 simply didn't work; but later testing showed that it would work under certain conditions.  I don't recall the exact thread -- I'm sure a bit of searching could find it (or perhaps someone who recalls which thread will post a link  :)

The bottom line is:  If you can find a G2, buy that ... it's much simpler with UnRAID.    I'd just get one from the link given above [ http://www.interstatemusic.com/search/Kingston%20MobileLite%20G2.aspx ]

I do have same problem, would like to benefit the discounted key but not sure about a pen/card reader for it yet... no way we can purchase it with no guid assigned for now and email later (like for 2nd key, when purchasing 2 keys) ?

Sure you can.  In the order form it will check for a 27-character GUID, just enter 123456789012345678901234567 and put something in comment field like "for future", or send separate email.