Special offer: Second Key for 30 bucks

limetech

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning on getting a second flash key. I've already got a drive just need to get the GUID. Wanted to make sure there won't be any problems to my server if I swap the pro key thats in it now for the free key just to get the guid?

No danger at all.  Just install a fresh UnRAID on the new key (don't add your Pro key file!), and boot it.  Then check the settings for the flash drive for its GUID.

Planning on getting a second flash key. I've already got a drive just need to get the GUID. Wanted to make sure there won't be any problems to my server if I swap the pro key thats in it now for the free key just to get the guid?

No danger at all.  Just install a fresh UnRAID on the new key (don't add your Pro key file!), and boot it.  Then check the settings for the flash drive for its GUID.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have two keys. One is my production key, the other is my backup/test key. I want to start playing with v6. Can I update the backup key from v5 to v6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Short answer: Yes

Long Ansser: Your usb stick and key file are tied together.  Neither is associated with a specific unraid version.  You can put any version you want on the usb stick.

Short answer: Yes

Long Ansser: Your usb stick and key file are tied together.  Neither is associated with a specific unraid version.  You can put any version you want on the usb stick.

Awesome! I thought that would be the answer, but just wanted to make sure. Now I am waiting for my hardware.

Thanks.

I have two keys. One is my production key, the other is my backup/test key. I want to start playing with v6. Can I update the backup key from v5 to v6?

yes. - the key file on a USB drive is not tied to a particular release of unRAID.
  • 1 month later...

I just saw this, jumping on this right away!

Good idea.  This is an excellent deal ... not sure how long it will remain in effect, although LimeTech has indicated it will remain available until the final v6 release.  Anyone who doesn't have a spare key should take advantage of this ... it's very handy to have an extra key not only as a backup, but also to let you try new things without modifying your primary USB flash drive.

• 1 month later...

I bought  2 keypack of prokey  last month. CAN I buy the third key rightnow?

Yes.  Tom has indicated that special $30 offer is going to be good until the release of v6.0 final, so you can do it now.  In fact, it's a good idea to take advantage of it while it's still available, as I don't know if there will be any "last chance" notice or not ... it may simply expire immediately when v6.0 is released.