unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta2-x86_64 Available

limetech

Download

Please see

readme.txt

in the release zip file for installation/upgrade instructions.

Disclaimer: This is beta software.  While every effort has been made to ensure no data loss, use at your own risk!

Also: please disable/remove all add-ons and/or plugins, except for any updated webGui as it becomes available.

Highlights:

- added some PATA drivers.  PATA will not be dropped but drivers added per user request.

- fixed ftp

- fixed issue in webGui which didn't properly permit upgrade

Speaking of webGui... I nuked the old repo and created a new one.  If you click on the 'About' page and then click the 'check' link it will tell you if a new version has been pushed.  If so, it will offer a button to update to the "latest" webGui from github.  This is a work-in-process and seems to work ok now, but you need to upgrade to this -beta2 release.  Soon I'll produce a 5.0.6 that has the same functionality built into unRaid OS 5.x.

My attention is now turning toward getting Xen working and forum reorg....

Edit: screwed up the build & the PATA drivers aren't actually in there  :o

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick release!

We need to compile a Xen package and it will create the Xen Kernel (which will need it's own syslinux menu option for).

Let us worry about Xen because there is nothing you need to do... yet.

What I would have you work on... The network bridge for both KVM or Xen and incorporating that into the webGUI. By default KVM looks for br0 and Xen looks for xenbr0.

Thanks for the quick release!

We need to compile a Xen package and it will create the Xen Kernel (which will need it's own syslinux menu option for).

Let us worry about Xen because there is nothing you need to do... yet.

What I would have you work on... The network bridge for both KVM or Xen and incorporating that into the webGUI. By default KVM looks for br0 and Xen looks for xenbr0.

I've been studying this:

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/system/xen/

I'll look at getting the network bridge i/f implemented...

I've been studying this:

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/system/xen/

I'll look at getting the network bridge i/f implemented...

Network bridge is where I would point you.

You might want to want to take a look at / consider this too... Xen 4.4 Roadmap

It went into feature freeze in Oct. and they are on RC2 already. I have been testing it for a while and so far so good.

We can get Xen 4.3.1 going but by the time we get Xen sorted out it... Xen 4.4 might be released. Upgrading Xen is "easier" than KVM since everything is build into one package.

Mmm...

I was running latest 5 version, replaced bzimage and bzroot with the 6.02 version and rebooted..

System boots and I get a "bin" share as well as a "flash" share but sofar nothing more..

I am guessing a plugin issue (did not remove anything before rebooting..)

Removed plugins and rebooted, system booted and my shares are available.

Probably a bit early to tell, but the whole system feels more snappy... Consistent speeds of 50mb to the cache drive, that used to be more fluctuating and also somewhat lower..

I don't think the go script is kicking off. At least unmenu & cache_dirs didn't start. The login prompt never displays on the PC but everything else seems to be functioning fine. My plugin folders are empty.

Please don't run any add-ons or plugins with this release, except updated webGui as it becomes available.

I don't think the go script is kicking off. At least unmenu & cache_dirs didn't start. The login prompt never displays on the PC but everything else seems to be functioning fine. My plugin folders are empty.

Please don't run any add-ons or plugins with this release, except updated webGui as it becomes available.

Whoops - those had been in the go script for so long that I thought the "Starting plugin" part was from day 1. Commented out everything not in the original go script and got the login prompt.

unmenu is working here... So go script is started...

Also I have some special commands in my go script to fill crontab, those have run, so go script is working..

Webgui bug:

I removed the notify confirmation but now the button for reboot is grey and it is not possible to press it...

I am guessing that the remove notify does make the checkbox dissapear but it does not change the state of the button to available.. shift-reloading the webpage does not fix it so its not my cache.

Setting the reboot confirmation back on and reloading the main page makes the tick appear again and when ticking it I can reboot.

NFS ?

This might very well be me not understanding it... But I just enabled NFS in unraid and I thought I would be able to do a showmount -e <ip of unraid box> from another unix box in my network to get a sharelist. I however get the following: clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered.

Google tells me that means that nfs on the server is not working correctly.. I

Tom, would you be opposed to including Joe's preclear and cachedir scripts to 6.x ?

Also, one of the features of the powerdown/shutdown script is that it backs up your syslog to your flash drive... could this functionality be built into 6.x as well?

It would be very welcomed for troubleshooting when you just need to check out previous logs after an upgrade/restart.

NFS ?

This might very well be me not understanding it... But I just enabled NFS in unraid and I thought I would be able to do a showmount -e <ip of unraid box> from another unix box in my network to get a sharelist. I however get the following: clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered.

No.

I am referring to scsi.

To get scsi virtial disk working on Unraid, I have to do a bit of hack.

Change disk.EnableUUID to TRUE. More info at http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=20392.msg234649#msg234649

I don't have to do that with other Linux distro.

NFS ?

I've had a few issues mounting the NFS shares the beta2 is putting out, it does mount though. But after a few minutes it says 'cannot stat share' or something and access is lost.

NFS ?

No.

I am referring to scsi.

To get scsi virtial disk working on Unraid, I have to do a bit of hack.

Change disk.EnableUUID to TRUE. More info at http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=20392.msg234649#msg234649

I don't have to do that with other Linux distro.

No idea what your comments have to do with my question...

I think there is a minor discrepancy in  readme.txt:

- openssh: version 6.3p1. Host keys are generated and stored in /boot/config/ssh directory. Currently

configured to allow null passwords (easy to change). telnet still enabled (easy to disable).

I found that ssh is not configured to allow null passwords.  But it was easy to change with an sshd_config file in /boot/config/ssh.

I think there is a minor discrepancy in  readme.txt:

- openssh: version 6.3p1. Host keys are generated and stored in /boot/config/ssh directory. Currently

configured to allow null passwords (easy to change). telnet still enabled (easy to disable).

I found that ssh is not configured to allow null passwords.  But it was easy to change with an sshd_config file in /boot/config/ssh.

I saw the same but I just set a password for the root account in unraid.