Can we aggregate two unRaid servers into one?

Dear all,

one of my neighbors saw the unRaid system I own and we decided that having a massive storage for all the apartments (7 households) in our block would be amazing idea.

To make the long story short we would like to have 2 servers (24 HDDs each). We will use 4tb HDDs. We just cant figure out how we can aggregate them so that the end user to see just one big storage. Obviously a third server (to aggregate both unRaid servers) must be involved. But what software we will run on it?

Could you please give me a hint how we can accomplish this task and is it achievable after all?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks but my question was not how to organize the media. Plex indeed is a working solution when it comes to media serve. We just want to have one big (192tb) "share". They will store not only media (movies, music and tv shows) but also documents, private pictures and everything that a normal household stores digitally. We are asking for a more "pro" solution.

Obviously the cost of the hardware and the HDDs are not such a big issue as it will be redistributed among us.

You could just have symlinks to server 2 shares in the server 1 shares. Maybe not the most elegant of solutions but should work fine depending on how you organize the shares. E.g. could have a share called TV on server 1 but have some of the TV shows folders on server 1 and the others on server 2. With movies you might need to decide on some sort of other folder organization to get even distribution e.g. by genre...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It may be simpler to give each apartment a single share and have additional shares that are accessible to everyone. This way each server can operate independently. You may have to manage user accounts and private shares if required by individuals. Active Directory can help manage user accounts across servers, but adding accounts to each server may be manageable with few accounts.