Dynamix - Web GUI 64 [BETA]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to change the disk active light colours? I ask this because I am confused to as why dark green is active and a brighter green which to me mean s active means inactive?

Kryspy

Must be a display thing...

On my monitor, the 'dark' green is a more saturated color and is clearly 'on'.

the lighter green is less saturated in color and looks 'dimmer'.

Not running the 64bit version right now so don't know if the "black" theme is available with this one or not. When using the black theme on the 32bit version the lighter green is the one that looks like it is "lit up" so it is a little confusing.

I can understand the concern that some people have with the light green/dark green but on my setup there is one very easy easiest way to determine the difference between a spun-up drive and a spun-down drive--- look at the Temp. column.  Spun-up drives have a temperature and spun-down drives have an "*".  If your display differentiation between the light and dark green icons is not readily discernible, use the Temp column. 

To be honest, since the introduction of the new black theme I am struggling too with the colors.

My idea is the following:

- disk active = green

- disk inactive = grey

- disk not present = new symbol

See the attached pictures to understand what I am proposing. Let me know your thinking.

The original blinking icons are not an option for me

1. All new icons are in png format, which supports higher image quality and transparency, but no animation

2. They make me nervous ;D

colors-white.png.90fb188543c90b37ef44cc63fdcb2d4c.png

colors-black.png.6a908f92d20b6a1d7d80e74fdaac75af.png

colors-new.png.c5d3a0076296b16154839a54ea629de5.png

More information.  After a re-boot email does not work properly.  If I do 'etc/c.d/rc.emailnotify stop' and then '/etc/rc.d/rc.emailnotify start', the emails work properly.  Boot up timing problem?

There was a bug in the PLG file previously not reading the correct section of the stored settings which prevented a service start upon reboot.

Can you download the PLG file again or if you want to check yourself, this is the updated section:

create(){

tmp="/tmp/create.tmp"

sed -n "/^\[$1\]/,/^\[/p" $cfg | grep -v '^\[' > $tmp

while read line; do

key=$(echo $line | cut -d'=' -f1)

val=$(echo $line | cut -d'"' -f2)

if [ $(expr index "$val" /) -eq 0 ]; then

sed -i "s/^$key=.*/$key=$val/" $2

else

sed -i "s:^$key=.*:$key=$val:" $2

fi

done <$tmp

rm -f $tmp

}

My email is broken again on re-boots.  Any ideas?

The original blinking icons are not an option for me

1. All new icons are in png format, which supports higher image quality and transparency, but no animation

2. They make me nervous ;D

I like the new proposed colors!

For a missing disk (disk not present), how about an empty round hole? A white circle with black dot in it...or a black circle with a small white hole?

My email is broken again on re-boots.  Any ideas?

Broken as in: it doesn't start automatically after reboot or it doesn't work at all ?

What does the GUI page show ?

Sorry.  I did not give you enough information.

I'm getting these email errors again after re-downloading the Dynamix email plugin.

[Return Code 550] sid: ULRP1n00J1FnHEN01 :: 5.6.0 Lone CR or LF in headers (see RFC2822 section 2.2)

If I stop and re-start the emailnotify I get proper emails.

I must say I like the new dashboard page, The only thing I think could be improved on is the listing of Processors, I have dual quad core's and it lists all 8 core's and respective speed. It would be nice to have it list only a single listing for each processor, as this would stop me from having to scroll to see the full dashboard.

Keep up the great work with Dynamix, All the time you put into it is muchly appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...

The powerdown plugin that Dynamix needs to turn off the computer if it over heats has a feature where it executes scripts upon "start array" or "stop array" which are located in rc.unRAID.d/ folder (named Kxx.sh and Sxx.sh). Details in the powerdown plugin post here.

I tested this feature and it works fine with the default webGUI but it does not work with the Dynamix webGUI. Is there a way to put code in the Dynamix webGUI so it will execute these scripts upon hitting "start array" or "stop array" in Dynamix?

The powerdown plugin that Dynamix needs to turn off the computer if it over heats has a feature where it executes scripts upon "start array" or "stop array" which are located in rc.unRAID.d/ folder (named Kxx.sh and Sxx.sh). Details in the powerdown plugin post here.

I tested this feature and it works fine with the default webGUI but it does not work with the Dynamix webGUI. Is there a way to put code in the Dynamix webGUI so it will execute these scripts upon hitting "start array" or "stop array" in Dynamix?

It's already there in the latest version of Dynamix.  Be sure you are running the latest version.

Has anyone tried Dynamix with the new beta4? If so, is it all working correctly?

just installed beta 4 last night, and thought i would give Dynamix a try.

Sadly it does not seems to be working.

did a copy paste into putty with the instruction the OP left.

This is what i am getting for errors:

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '=' in plugins/xenMan/Domains.page on line 6 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 108

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in plugins/xenMan/Domain.page on line 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 108

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in plugins/plgMan/Install.page on line 8 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 108

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '=' in plugins/plgMan/Plugins.page on line 7 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 108

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in plugins/sysinfo/InfoButton.page on line 6 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 108

Warning: passthru(): Cannot execute a blank command in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 351

yeah you will need to give bonienl the time to add those pages :)

i just fear we going to get a hard time when Tom adds more to that plugin page ....

hopefully these changes can somehow made easier with these sessions Tom talked about to upgrade plugins ....

time will tell...

did anybody on the new OFFICIAL gui see if there is already a choice to add the monthly / weekly sheduled parity check ?

didn't have a look at the official gui for months so not sure if there is a lot changed or not ?

• 2 weeks later...

I went directly to github to download it directly, and when I installed it with installplg, it seemed to install fine, but I get "404 File not found", which I assume is because I don't actually have the file dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-x86_64-1.txz in the plugins directory, even though it looked like installplg worked correctly; it must not have :(

thoughts on how to resolve?

I went directly to github to download it directly, and when I installed it with installplg, it seemed to install fine, but I get "404 File not found", which I assume is because I don't actually have the file dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-x86_64-1.txz in the plugins directory, even though it looked like installplg worked correctly; it must not have :(

thoughts on how to resolve?

If you look up a few posts you will see that Dynamix is not fully compatible with 6b4.

What do you mean you get 404? You mean your browser gives a 404 when you try to go to the webGUI? Or are you getting part of the webGUI but it is also showing a 404 somewhere on the page?

What do you get with

ls -al /boot/plugins

Post a syslog