Dynamix - Web GUI 64 [BETA]

I went directly to github to download it directly, and when I installed it with installplg, it seemed to install fine, but I get "404 File not found", which I assume is because I don't actually have the file dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-x86_64-1.txz in the plugins directory, even though it looked like installplg worked correctly; it must not have :(

thoughts on how to resolve?

If you look up a few posts you will see that Dynamix is not fully compatible with 6b4.

Yeah, but I thought I'd give it a try, in case it was an issue with specific plugins, or something else that might not affect me.

What do you mean you get 404? You mean your browser gives a 404 when you try to go to the webGUI? Or are you getting part of the webGUI but it is also showing a 404 somewhere on the page?

It's the only thing on the page.  Dynamix doesn't show anything at all, just the 404 error on the page, even after forcing refresh/clearing cache.

What do you get with

ls -al /boot/plugins

root@media:~# ls -al /boot/plugins

total 80

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 Apr 14 18:21 ./

drwxrwxrwx 7 root root 16384 Apr 14 18:01 ../

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  5169 Apr 14 23:10 dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-noarch_64-bergware.plg*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26820 Apr 14 23:21 dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-x86_64-1.txz*

Post a syslog

attached

syslog.txt

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post a syslog

attached

There isn't much in this one. Looks like it just rotated. You probably have some older ones in /var/log with names like syslog.1. You can copy them to /boot or somewhere and post them.

I've not tried Dynamix with 6b4 because of the issues noted by others, but it seemed like the main problem in that previous post was related to new pages that Tom had made for 6b4, so it might be that part of it will work.

404 seems like it might be a different problem, perhaps network related. Can you ping? What do you get with

ifconfig

Post a syslog

attached

There isn't much in this one. Looks like it just rotated. You probably have some older ones in /var/log with names like syslog.1. You can copy them to /boot or somewhere and post them.

yeah, sorry, I didn't actually look at it before I posted it :(

Older/bigger one is attached.

I've not tried Dynamix with 6b4 because of the issues noted by others, but it seemed like the main problem in that previous post was related to new pages that Tom had made for 6b4, so it might be that part of it will work.

404 seems like it might be a different problem, perhaps network related. Can you ping? What do you get with

ifconfig

I suspect it has something to do with me having the wrong file, or wrong permissions perhaps.

root@media:~# ifconfig
bond0: flags=5187<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MASTER,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.20.150  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.20.255
        ether bc:5f:f4:bc:17:55  txqueuelen 0  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 1189744  bytes 944780736 (901.0 MiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 337  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 2863512  bytes 3700778854 (3.4 GiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

eth1: flags=6211<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SLAVE,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether bc:5f:f4:bc:17:55  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 1189744  bytes 944780736 (901.0 MiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 2863512  bytes 3700778854 (3.4 GiB)
        device interrupt 20  memory 0xf0a00000-f0a20000

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        loop  txqueuelen 0  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 73  bytes 12420 (12.1 KiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 73  bytes 12420 (12.1 KiB)

I tried installing again according to the instructions in the first post, but got the same error again this afternoon...

root@media:~# cd /boot/plugins/
root@media:/boot/plugins# wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/plugins64/dynamix.webGui-2.1.0-noarch_64-bergware.plg
--2014-04-15 08:43:25--  https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/plugins64/dynamix.webGui-2.1.0-noarch_64-bergware.plg
Resolving raw.github.com (raw.github.com)... failed: File exists.
wget: unable to resolve host address âraw.github.comâ

...failed: File exists  is a pretty weird message.

I confirmed that I have the right plugin in /boot/plugins/ and installed it again.  Here's the output from that attempt...

root@media:/boot/plugins# installplg dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-noarch_64-bergware.plg
plugin: installing: dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-noarch_64-bergware.plg
plugin: warning: no name attribute, installing anyway
plugin: creating: /tmp/plugin-startup - from INLINE content
plugin: running: /tmp/plugin-startup
plugin: skipping: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.webGui.cfg already exists
plugin: skipping: /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-x86_64-1.txz already exists
plugin: running: /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-x86_64-1.txz

+==============================================================================
| Skipping package dynamix.webGui-2.2.3-x86_64-1 (already installed)
+==============================================================================

plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/images/dynamix.webGui.png - downloading from URL --no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/download64/dynamix.webGui.png
plugin: wget: --no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/download64/dynamix.webGui.png retval: 4

Suppose any of this is related to me running the unRAID + XEN option?

Did the permissions of these 2 files I posted earlier look okay?

ouch..

Any ideas? It broke on 6beta4

GUI is pretty dead.. how can i uninstall?

I got the exact same thing on my install and now it's hosed.  When I was telenetted into my system to install the webgui I copied and pasted the first part and then it was installing and telnet crashed.  Telnetted back in ran it again, crashed, now system comes up exactly like what ryan's screenshot looks like.

The changes made to unRAID 6 beta 4 have made Dynamix incompatible. Suggest everyone on 6b4 just remove Dynamix until it is updated.

To remove Dynamix, go into /boot/plugins and /boot/config/plugins and delete all files and folders that begin with Dynamix. Stop the array. Reboot.

The changes made to unRAID 6 beta 4 have made Dynamix incompatible. Suggest everyone on 6b4 just remove Dynamix until it is updated.

To remove Dynamix, go into /boot/plugins and /boot/config/plugins and delete all files and folders that begin with Dynamix. Stop the array. Reboot.

OK. I can confirm removing the files works.. but does reset the gui, so any changes you've made to the layout configuration is lost.

The GUI changes in b4 are quite substantial. For the time being I leave Dynamix support for v6 aside and see how it is evolving.

Sigh - figured as much.

Really love B4 though - the auto start of domains makes life much easier. but i am missing network statistics.

But yes - keeping up with GUI changes during a beta phase will be a pain. Hopefully there will be an easier way soon

Thx for the good work BonieL!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah it would be nice to get an update .... maybe Bonienl send a email to Tom

ask him what he is up to with the gui as to not have to change too much every time he releases an update

That's one of the hard things, trying to keep parity with the stock web GUI. What Bonienl needs is probably another bod to help him.

Tom isn't going to stop developing the GUI so it's probably best to either parse the environment variables and replace the webGUI completely, or make sure there is a community of more than one developer who can help update dynamix via git or other means. It's a lot to ask of one person to continually keep on top of it, I've been there!

Just my two cents..

What I actually need is an indication when the GUI development is stable. This can be either in the upcoming beta releases or in the final version.

Changes between b3 and b4 are quite substantial, and I can't afford the time to make constant updates when new (beta) versions have GUI changes as well.

Perhaps a road-map can help ?

Hi !

I'm just running Unraid 6B5a vesrion and i'm searching to work it with Dynamix Webguy

What is the most recent version that i can install on it to work ?

I've tried clasic 2.2.3 version and with it, my entire webguy disappear.

Thanks for help.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Friends

I didnt go all the pages so this might have been answered somewhere in the middle, apologies for this, but while installing the second file I am getting the below error ...

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins#installplg dynamix.plugin.control-2.1.0-noarch_64-bergware.plg

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/local_prepend.php' (include_path='.:') in Unknown on line 0

BTW I also have lost my regular web gui. I get the same error there as well....

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0 Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/local_prepend.php' (include_path='.:') in Unknown on line 0

I am on Beta 10

Where did I go wrong .. ?

I am on Beta 10

Where did I go wrong .. ?

That is your problem - dynamix has not been supported on the v6 betas for some time now because of the rate of change.

I believe the current intention is to consider adding v6 support when the 6.0 release comes out of beta.  However maybe by then the standard GUI will have improved enough that there may be some reluctance to get synamix working as once 6.0 release is released we are expecting to almost immediately start getting 6.1 beta releases.

However maybe by then the standard GUI will have improved enough that there may be some reluctance to get synamix working as once 6.0 release is released we are expecting to almost immediately start getting 6.1 beta releases.

That would very sad, I am badly missing some key features from Dynamix, such as temps & Opened Flows (files?).