Unraid web interface - 401 unauthorized

Hi,

My unraid system has been fine for a couple of years now, until yesterday. I tried to access the server web interface and was given the following error message:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm='unRAID SMU'

I have been able to access unMenu, SABnzbd, Sick Beard, CouchPotato and Headphones all fine, but for some reason was unable to access the main unraid web interface.

I thought a reboot would solve the issue and via unMenu stopped the array and forced a shutdown via telnet Putty.

Following the reboot I am able to access unMenu but still not able to access the web interface and now I am unable to start the array so I'm unable to access any of my disks or plugins (ie SABnzbd, Sick Beard etc).

Has anyone seen this before, I'm sure its something simple I've missed. Attached is my syslog.

syslog-2014-01-28-1438.txt

• 2 months later...

This hasn't been resolved for me, I am able to access it via my iPad and to be honest haven't looked into it much further. Headphones was installed but is not active anymore. I haven't got round to trying to remove Headphones entirely to see if that resolves the issue.

Do you also have Headphones on your server?

• 8 months later...

I did that. It didn't work.

Have you tried an alternative browser?

The fact that it works from your iPad and not the PC indicates to me that whatever your problem is the PC is the issue rather than unRAID.  If it is not the credentials issue then difficult to guess what the problem is!  Just as a check - are you getting the prompt to provide a username/password from the browser?    You should be if the credentials are really cleared.