Windows 8.1 - Can't access shares in Explorer

I've done a search and nothing comes up on these forums.  Unraid 5.0 and Windows 8.1 issue.

I've searched the web and get many possibilities for this but nothing that works.

Windows 8.1 both hardwired ethernet and wireless.  Most times when I want to copy files over to my unraid server I can't either find it under Network in my Explorer, or, when it does - it finds my disks and shares but when I click on any of them I get 'can't access...'  Sometimes a reboot works and sometimes just walking away works, sometimes going into a browser and spinning up the drives works, ...

Windows 7 wasn't a problem like this.

Does anyone know why Windows 8 treats unraid differently?  What must I change on my computer or server to remove this annoyance?

I am having this same problem.

I didn't change anything that I know about.  I can get access to shares via \\iP address, but I used to always be able to get to \\tower and now it asks for network password.  When it asks, it puts my computer name in front like PC Name\root and when I put in my password, it just says access is denied.

I've ran newperms, rebooted router, PC, and unraid box and still no help.  Any ideas what I can do to troubleshoot this?

I am having this same problem.

I didn't change anything that I know about.  I can get access to shares via \\iP address, but I used to always be able to get to \\tower and now it asks for network password.  When it asks, it puts my computer name in front like PC Name\root and when I put in my password, it just says access is denied.

I've ran newperms, rebooted router, PC, and unraid box and still no help.  Any ideas what I can do to troubleshoot this?

Start a new thread and attach a syslog.