[REPO] IronicBadgers ArchVM Repo <--- deprecated 01/07/2014

Yes

[root@ArchApplianceVM_v3 ~]# dropboxd

Another instance of Dropbox (472) is running!

I shouldnt have used systemctl enable etc?

*edit*

This computer is now linked to Dropbox. Welcome Johan

;D

I had to use systemctl stop and then running  'dropboxd' gave me a link :)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it did sync, on the vm i can navigate to /root/Dropbox and all is there :)

But... i have a folder in dropbox i use as a sabnzbd watchfolder, so i can throw in an nzb from whereever i am, and it gets downloaded. Now, i can not select the /root/Dropbox from within sabnzbd running on the vm... it only shows /root nothing else. Is Dropbox hidden maybe?

can anyone test and confirm plex starts and works for them after install.  I installed it but the service doe not appear to like starting...

[root@archu_1 tmp]# systemctl status plexmediaserver
plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2014-02-09 01:18:02 EST; 2s ago
  Process: 10036 ExecStart=/opt/plexmediaserver/start_pms (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 7360 (code=dumped, signal=ABRT)

Feb 09 01:18:02 archu_1 su[10037]: (to plex) root on none
Feb 09 01:18:02 archu_1 su[10037]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user plex by (uid=0)
Feb 09 01:18:02 archu_1 su[10037]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user plex
Feb 09 01:18:02 archu_1 start_pms[10036]: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
Feb 09 01:18:02 archu_1 systemd[1]: Started Plex Media Server for Linux.

Seems I got things resolved.  Had an issue with my locale,  had an extra - utf-8,  removed it regenerated,  rebooted and now Plex is running

maybe that the root folder is own by root, see below how it looks by me, and I can't either browse there... maybe you can try to symlink from a folder where sabnzbd have access to (user: sabnzbd group :sabnzbd) to the subfolder you want to use?

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   14 Feb  9 14:02 Dropbox -> /disk1/Dropbox

sabnzbd I think run with a different user, try to change the permission on the dropbox folder

chmod -R 777 /root/Dropbox

//Peter

Looks like I was messing with Dropbox at the same time.

Thanks Peter. After installing I was kind of lost but your instructions worked perfectly.

Has anyone figured out the best way to get all these folders in the VM to Unraid? I know Dropbox is specific about it's directory but for other options, can you just links to Tower via Samba or NFS? and which is better?

ironicbadger, you might want to add to your OP that after adding your repo you either need to reboot or issue a pacman -Syuu to get the repo list down.

Yup, good spot dude. Will do that. It's in my videos but not in text anywhere. Going to give the how to guides a spring clean this week to make them as user friendly as possible.

Hi Ironicbadger. I've been trying to build a headless version XBMC Gotham xbmc-git on AUR and modifying the PKGBUILD, but it seems that I'm not skilled enough to make it work...

Would you mind adding it to the repo? :-)

I can't promise anything, but I'll have a go although you could try installing xbmc into your VM, find the right video drivers and start it that way and manage via VNC? Duno, maybe that won't work but it could be worth a go.

-----------

Donations

I hope that you lot are finding these VMs and custom repository useful, my bandwidth stats certainly suggest you are! I've used 157GB in the few days it's been uploaded on just my personal hosting not including Google Drive or Dropbox! That's roughly 300+ just from my own hosting which is really nice.  8)

I just wanted to give those of you that have asked the opportunity to make a donation if you wish too. Thanks!

btn_donate_SM.gif

Ironic,  I posted this in another thread and didn't know if you saw it. Some suggestions on things for your repo from AUR (I'm hoping gPodder can help me with some naming issues I'm having with some Podcasts)

grive - Google drive sync

Homepage: http://www.lbreda.com/grive/start

AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grive/

GPodder3 - Podcast client  (I love madsonic but subsonic has a limited Podcatcher. Gpodder has a lot more functionality and flexibility)

Homepage: http://gpodder.org/

AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gpodder3/

A box.net sync client would be another great idea (hard to pass up 50GB online for free). I have no idea if this might work: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/boxfs2-static-git/  (seems recently updated)

Keep up the terrific work!

Quick question from a newbie.

I see that some the packages from ironicbadger's repo are also in aur (sabnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato, etc.)

Is there a difference between these versions?

I also noticed that the plexmediaserver plexpass version on aur is 2 versions behind. Is it the case for ironic's repo as well?

Thanks

EDIT:

I just realized that AUR does not host compiled packages. You have to download, compile and then install with pacman

I guess ironicbadger's repo has the compiled packages that you can just simply download and install with a single command. Please correct me if I'm wrong

EDIT:

I just realized that AUR does not host compiled packages. You have to download, compile and then install with pacman

I guess ironicbadger's repo has the compiled packages that you can just simply download and install with a single command. Please correct me if I'm wrong

You can also use an AUR helper like "packer".  Which uses pretty much the same control scheme as pacman, for example it would be "sudo packer -S sickbeard" instead of "sudo pacman -S sickbeard".

This is pretty awesome! The only issue I see with the repo is if you stop updating. I'm assuming the apps are currently up to date, is compiling them myself something that would be pretty easy to do?

Worst case you wake up tomorrow and realize that unraid has been a huge mistake and take down your repo or stop updating :)

This is pretty awesome! The only issue I see with the repo is if you stop updating. I'm assuming the apps are currently up to date, is compiling them myself something that would be pretty easy to do?

Worst case you wake up tomorrow and realize that unraid has been a huge mistake and take down your repo or stop updating :)

The idea behind my repo was to get new Arch users up and running in minutes, and keep their VM footprints minimal as they didn't have to install the base-devel packages (about 500mb). packer is a great option to get your feet wet but is no substitute for actually under standing makepkg.

Updating the apps is easy, I have an rsync setup that whenever I compile a package here it auto pushes to my web hosting and auto updates the repository database. Granted, if I get bored it goes away but I've stated many times I'd be grateful for others to help me maintain this but I've yet to here anything from anyone offering to help me.

The idea behind my repo was to get new Arch users up and running in minutes, and keep their VM footprints minimal as they didn't have to install the base-devel packages (about 500mb). packer is a great option to get your feet wet but is no substitute for actually under standing makepkg.

Updating the apps is easy, I have an rsync setup that whenever I compile a package here it auto pushes to my web hosting and auto updates the repository database. Granted, if I get bored it goes away but I've stated many times I'd be grateful for others to help me maintain this but I've yet to here anything from anyone offering to help me.

PM sent!

Hi ironicbadger,

my couchpotato install is throwing the following error in the log. I guess it is trying to update itself from your local package (that obviously doesn't exist on my machine)

Is this a bug, where it should actually point to the cocuhpotato githubsource, or by design?

[          couchpotato.api] Failed doing api request "updater.check": Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/api.py", line 101, in run_handler

result = api[route](**kwargs)

File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/_base/updater/main.py", line 106, in checkView

'update_available': self.check(force = True),

File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/_base/updater/main.py", line 91, in check

if self.updater.check():

File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/_base/updater/main.py", line 230, in check

self.repo.fetch()

File "/opt/couchpotato/libs/git/repository.py", line 383, in fetch

self._executeGitCommandAssertSuccess(command)

File "/opt/couchpotato/libs/git/repository.py", line 85, in _executeGitCommandAssertSuccess

raise GitCommandFailedException(kwargs.get('cwd', self._getWorkingDirectory()), command, returned)

GitCommandFailedException: GitCommandFailedException: Command 'fetch' failed in /opt/couchpotato (128):

fatal: '/home/alex/pkg/couchpotato-git/CouchPotatoServer' does not appear to be a git repository

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You can do the update from AUR (Install Yaourt or packer), much easier than wait for one guy to catch up on new releases.....

Got latest plex version compiled and installed, also plexconnect installed on the VM, so my ATV3 can now use the plex server  8) 8)

//Peter

Hi Ironicbadger. I've been trying to build a headless version XBMC Gotham xbmc-git on AUR and modifying the PKGBUILD, but it seems that I'm not skilled enough to make it work...

Would you mind adding it to the repo? :-)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

If you haven't already, check out this thread on the XBMC forum  http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132919 . I built frodo 12.3 headless on debian wheezy from info here and it runs a treat. I made a modification from the instructions here http://bootlegninja.awardspace.com/xbmc-server/ , changing --disable libbluray to --enable libbluray and adding libbluray-dev to the dependencies. I have a lot of blurray movie rips and without this change the scan was picking up extra movies because it thought the .id and .bdmv files were separate movies.

You'll obviously have to modify it for your distro, but hopefully it helps to give you a list of the dependencies required if nothing else.