unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta3-x86_64 Available

limetech

I don't know what I now done wrong, but I tried to shutdown the box using the webgui, it could not so I used the console commands, but that also did not work, so I did a reset button, now my shares configuration is corrupted, all my shares are gone. I really need help. I am getting frustrated....

when I am now trying to shutdown i am getting these errors

Feb  7 22:02:43 Tower logger: rmdir: failed to remove '/mnt/user': Directory not empty

Feb  7 22:02:43 Tower emhttp: shcmd (136): crontab -c /etc/cron.d -d &> /dev/null

Feb  7 22:02:43 Tower emhttp: Retry unmounting user share(s)...

Feb  7 22:02:48 Tower emhttp: shcmd (137): set -o pipefail ; umount /mnt/user |& logger

Feb  7 22:02:48 Tower logger: umount: /mnt/user: not mounted

Feb  7 22:02:48 Tower emhttp: _shcmd: shcmd (137): exit status: 1

Feb  7 22:02:48 Tower emhttp: shcmd (138): rmdir /mnt/user |& logger

Feb  7 22:02:48 Tower logger: rmdir: failed to remove '/mnt/user': Directory not empty

Feb  7 22:02:48 Tower emhttp: shcmd (139): crontab -c /etc/cron.d -d &> /dev/null

Feb  7 22:02:48 Tower emhttp: Retry unmounting user share(s)...

Please help

MrLondon

syslog_07022014_2.txt

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another crash ......... This time no cache_dir and was using swap. Ran stable for about 25 hours.

20140206_192335.jpg

Here is my sysconfig:

label Xen/unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /syslinux/mboot.c32

append /xen xsave=1 cpufreq=xen:performance dom0_max_vcpus=9 dom0_vcpus_pin iommu=1 --- /bzimage console=tty0 xen-pciback.hide=(00:09.0) --- /bzroot

Logs: Attached to post

Configs: Attached to post

Running:

Unraid - Plex, APC UPS Daemon, Swap File (4gb)

Windows 2 cpu and 1792 mb - utorrent, sb, cp, and vpn

Arch - 1 cpu and 512 mb with mumble server

Server specs:

-CPU:  AMD Six-Core 2419 EE 1.8GHz (x2) = 12 Cores

-MOBO: H8DME-2

-RAM: 8GB

PS: .... I will continue to investigate but i really have no clue.... Now running just unraid and Arch Vm no windows vm. Should i run linux prime95 on it and try to reproduce a load and see if its happening during heavy transcoding only? Google searchs basically say it can be anything....

---Cry  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ran prime 95 for about 10 mins on unraid and both vm's with no issue, i guess ill try memtest next..... this is so aggravating.

ran prime 95 for about 10 mins on unraid and both vm's with no issue, i guess ill try memtest next..... this is so aggravating.

10 minutes of Prime95 won't tell you anything. Try 10 hours.

10 minutes of prime tells me that its not to weak of a power supply which was my concern.

I am looking at adding a 3TB disk to my 6.0-beta 3 server. I had pre-cleared the disk, then stopped the array, added the disk, and restarted the array. When I did this in 5.0 it would do a quick format of the new disk and the array would start. In 6.0 it is clearing the disk, which has taken 2+ hours so far for 37%.

So I am looking at a 6 hour clearing process before I array restarts.

Is this normal/expected? Or did I mess something up?

FYI, I also just had the same issue, but I'm still on 5.0.4 (so probably doesn't belong in this thread  :o).  When I assigned the new drive there was no option to format or start the array.  The only option was clear.  The only thing I did between preclearing the drive (2 passes) and adding it to the array was an hdparm -Tt /dev/sdx.  I did preclear the drive on another machine in an eSATA drive dock, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Okay, glad it's not just me. :)

Tom - has this process changed for a reason? It sucks to have my array offline for 6 hours just because I want to add a new disk. Especially since it's now offline for the bulk of the afternoon. If I had known this I would have added the disk before going to bed tonight instead of killing UnRAID during daylight hours.

I'll look into this.

Just an update.... it took basically 6.5 hours of "clearing", and then then array went back to a stopped state. Once I clicked start again I got the option to format the new disk. Once this completed the array came back normally and life is good again.

I used the beta power down script and managed to shutdown array. But still need to get shares back and need to understand why I cannot stop array from GUI besides power down plugin

This is a release thread not your personal support channel. Please make your own thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tom, someone, any expert please help im so sick of these crashes  :'(

Feb  7 17:32:31 Tower kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 000000540000007a

Most of the stuff i have well documented in this thread, i have checked all hardware connections and it was rock solid prior to x64. Any thoughts?

I will edit this post with the logs in a minute.

Download

Highlights:

- added the legacy PATA drivers

- updated the Intel e1000e driver

- added Xen boot option

Looks like i've been getting some RX errors with this new driver, haven't seen them before....

Every 2.0s: ifconfig                                                                                 Fri Feb  7 17:58:14 2014

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 4500
        inet 192.168.1.86  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255
        ether 00:e0:81:b4:a5:fc  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 87471  bytes 20128035 (19.1 MiB)
        RX errors 22  dropped 46  overruns 20  frame 2
        TX packets 72334  bytes 123660372 (117.9 MiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        loop  txqueuelen 0  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 90031  bytes 1119104754 (1.0 GiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 90031  bytes 1119104754 (1.0 GiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

Feb  7 17:32:31 Tower kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 000000540000007a

Most of the stuff i have well documented in this thread, i have checked all hardware connections and it was rock solid prior to x64. Any thoughts?

Syslog: TBP

Never crash before x64. Therefore i do not believe its hardware related.  But i really love the Xen tools and do not want to go back to the 32 bit system =(

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Never crash before x64. Therefore i do not believe its hardware related.  But i really love the Xen tools and do not want to go back to the 32 bit system =(

We are in Beta... Bugs / Issues are going to pop up that need to be addressed and fixed. Hence, the discount for a second unRAID License Key for those of us who have more than one server.

If this is a production machine, wait till the next release to see if some / all of the bugs you are experiencing are worked out.

We are in Beta... Bugs / Issues are going to pop up that need to be addressed and fixed. Hence, the discount for a second unRAID License Key for those of us who have more than one server.

If this is a production machine, wait till the next release to see if some / all of the bugs you are experiencing are worked out.

i was afraid of that answer lol. Sad but true.

i was afraid of that answer lol. Sad but true.

Funny thing is I have the same exact setup from TAMs Solution 24-bay server with:

unRAID with Sabnzbd+SickBeard+Plex

Ubuntu for MythTV PVR

Windows 7 for Assets Server

No crashes yet

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Are you still running the plex media server software?

Is it X64?

Can you turn that off, and reboot, then enable cache_dirs to make sure that it's not plex somehow triggering some kind of memory issue.

Are you still running the plex media server software?

Is it X64?

Can you turn that off, and reboot, then enable cache_dirs to make sure that it's not plex somehow triggering some kind of memory issue.

Sure thing, doing it now. Turned off swap as well. Also i ran memtest and it checked out ok 0 errors. At this point i believe its 1 of 3 things.

1. Plex (mind you its a unsupported x64 version of plex running on unraid not in a vm)

2. unRaid 64 and "something" not playing well

3. Hardware related (least likely)

Shouldn't you be reporting issues with plex and cache dirs within the relevant threads and not in this is 6.0 beta 3 thread.

Also if you truly want to assist with the testing shouldn't you also have no plug-ins we want to get the unraid core stable first?

How is Tom meant to progress and fix errors if the system is polluted with poxy plug-ins, it wastes his time and ours.

Thought the idea of beta was to run it clean and get it stable then worry about fixing Bob & Betty's shitty plug-in 1 and 2?

Shouldn't you be reporting issues with plex and cache dirs within the relevant threads and not in this is 6.0 beta 3 thread.

Also if you truly want to assist with the testing shouldn't you also have no plug-ins we want to get the unraid core stable first?

How is Tom meant to progress and fix errors if the system is polluted with poxy plug-ins, it wastes his time and ours.

Thought the idea of beta was to run it clean and get it stable then worry about fixing Bob & Betty's shitty plug-in 1 and 2?

to plays devils advocate: perhaps if unraid provided a framework or tools to jail/prevent plugins from causing issues could be extracted from this scenario?

yes ideally if your finding issues with plugins installed. you should remove them to see if the problem goes away. if so, then bring up the problem to the plugin (as most of them arent updated/changed to reflect 0.6.x what so ever).

to further pollute the vague term of plugin being used, cache_dirs is just a 'script'. which I feel are a bit more fair game to talk about as they directly relate to interacting/doing stuff with unraid.. not something that just happens to coexist. the cache_dirs just runs a built in native os utility (find). so for it to cause problems on 0.6.x if it didnt on 0.5.x may bring to light that something in 0.6.x needs to be tweaked/included on either the app or os side. with that said, cache_dirs just doesnt work for me in 0.5.x it causes out of memory problems.

@Harpz

when its a error that says kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 000000540000007a and Rcu_delay i do believe its absolutely warranted to post it here as there is no direct relation to plugins; especially after it is requested to post results of said bugs so they can be fixed/nailed down to the source.

Please feel free to go read the entire thread and you will see this is a process that we have been looking into to determine the crashes.

@Dephcon

There is a reason i have plex on Dom0, its not by choice, and no where has anyone posted you should not run apps like plex in Dom0 to my knowledge. If this is indeed the Official stance and not your personal stance thats fine but i do not see that posted. I'm glad your system is running perfect and I keep taking my down to help the development of unraid and nail down said bugs.

@weebotech

It does APPEAR at this point to be related to plex but only time will tell. cache_dirs and both VM's have been running stable for 3 hours at 1.8 gb of ram and all the drives have spun down properly. This was with ulimit commented out of cache_dirs and everything except plex running.

I've been loosely following your issue pyrater. What is it about plex you think might be the issue?  I ask because I'm now on at least 3 day uptime with plex on v6,but xen not loaded, and all seems well. Spec are in my signature.

So I say that just as a data point.  If you are sure it is plex related in Xen-unraid, then you might want to try without xen enabled to further isolate the scope of when you have problems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Im not sure as to whats going on to be honest just trying to rule things out. The errors are very generic and web searches turn up everything from update your kernel to bad memory. I have ran memtest, prime95, checked all hardware connections, now trying to put plex in a VM and see if the VM crashes or the entire server crashes. I am truly at a loss. I can say i never crashed before x64 and everything was solid. So we will see how it handles everything inside a VM instead of Dom0. If that doesn't work i will try 64 bit without xen based on your recommendation.

Im not sure as to whats going on to be honest just trying to rule things out. The errors are very generic and web searches turn up everything from update your kernel to bad memory. I have ran memtest, prime95, checked all hardware connections, now trying to put plex in a VM and see if the VM crashes or the entire server crashes. I am truly at a loss. I can say i never crashed before x64 and everything was solid. So we will see how it handles everything inside a VM instead of Dom0. If that doesn't work i will try 64 bit without xen based on your recommendation.

Just out of curiosity how many cycles of memtest have you run?