unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta3-x86_64 Available

limetech

So here I sit with Snowmagedon II coming my way in the DC area and I'm wondering ... What are the chances I'll have 6.0 Beta 4 to play with in my weather enforced sequestration?  As good as the odds I might not have power with which to power my unraid?

Nice try  ;D ;D

I bet it is available 10 minutes after the power goes out...  Since I am north of Baltimore...

Well its 9:02 and I still have power.  So beta 4 release is on hold until the sleet freezes and takes down a powerline.  Not being in MD and beholden to PEPCO at least I can count on getting my power back before spring >;-)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

I have found a hang up when shutting down unRAID for a reboot.

I have unRAID with Xen running and no plugins installed.  I have installed Ironicbadger's ArchVM and it is running.  It has some unRAID samba shares mounted and I have the Logitech Media Server running in the VM.

If I run a "shutdown -r now" command without shutting down the Arch VM, the system hangs after switching to runlevel 6.

The syslog before initiating a shutdown is attached.

The attached picture is what the console shows when shutting down and where it hangs.

If I shutdown the VM first, everything proceeds as normal.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Shutdown_Hangup.jpg.e93cc81b8252f76f7565400c7ae0d6be.jpg

syslog.txt

@Tom

Can you look into a issue I see ? its something with timezone and php??

It was no issue on V5, and I have tried several different timezone settings, and rebooted between.

I see this when starting the only plugin I use, and also when execute Smart History in unMenu

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/apcupsd/apcupsdctl.php on line 76

Unmenu

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 224 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 224 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 419 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 441 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 491 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 492 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 494 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 495 Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 528 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 528 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 532 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line 710 Warning: mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use th

Otherwise I just look like a Dufus who has 12 TB of storage but can't play a DVD. :)

False, they look like the Dufus for bringing one of those old school DVD things that like to skip about the whole time you watch them!

You laugh about 'old school tech' but my Wife is a primary school teacher here in England (teaches 5 - 6 year olds) and she had some cassette tapes in stock cupboard. One of the kids went in there to get some paper and came out brandishing the cassette asking

"Miss? What's this?!"

*siiiiigh*

It sees the PCI device though. It doesn't matter if UNRAID can't see it because you'll end up hiding it from UNRAID anyways.

Hm... Then how do I give it to the VM? Here's my disk spec so far:

disk = [
  'phy:/mnt/vms/windows/disk.img,hda,w',
  'phy:/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS5C3030ALA630_MJ1313YNG2450C,hdb,w' ]

I thought I needed to add something like:

phy:/dev/sr0,hdc:cdrom,r'

Since there is no /dev/sr0 for the DVD r/w drive, this won't work.

Added SCSI CDROM support to -beta4 (like pata/sata hard drives, pata/sata cdrom support is provided by libata via SCSI layer which is why it shows up as "SCSI" in linux).

Tom,

I have unRAID with Xen running and no plugins installed.  I have installed Ironicbadger's ArchVM and it is running.  It has some unRAID samba shares mounted and I have the Logitech Media Server running in the VM.

If I run a "shutdown -r now" command without shutting down the Arch VM, the system hangs after switching to runlevel 6.

The attached picture is what the console shows when shutting down and where it hangs.

Ok.  I'll investigate this at some point.

It sees the PCI device though. It doesn't matter if UNRAID can't see it because you'll end up hiding it from UNRAID anyways.

Hm... Then how do I give it to the VM? Here's my disk spec so far:

disk = [
  'phy:/mnt/vms/windows/disk.img,hda,w',
  'phy:/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS5C3030ALA630_MJ1313YNG2450C,hdb,w' ]

I thought I needed to add something like:

phy:/dev/sr0,hdc:cdrom,r'

Since there is no /dev/sr0 for the DVD r/w drive, this won't work.

If you don't want to wait until beta4 and assuming your hardware supports PCI passthrough:

Edit your syslinux file to hide the PCI port in question.

append /xen dom0_mem=2097152 --- /bzimage xen-pciback.hide=[glow=red,2,300](04:00.0)[/glow] --- /bzroot

In your xen config file, you'd add the following, update to reflect your PCI port

pci = ['04:00.0']

@Tom

Can you look into a issue I see ? its something with timezone and php??

It was no issue on V5, and I have tried several different timezone settings, and rebooted between.

I see this when starting the only plugin I use, and also when execute Smart History in unMenu

I saw that message before -beta1 release and solved it in webGui by adding this line to template.php:

date_default_timezone_set($var['timeZone']);

The messages you are seeing are issues in the plugins you are using.

maybe, I do not have this messages in unmenu / apcups on V5 but on V6 I have it, I can disable my plugin and see what happen.

Perhaps unmenu need to be fixed as well for V6?

//Peter

From the very first post of the thread:

Also: please disable/remove all add-ons and/or plugins, except for any updated webGui as it becomes available.

Tom,

Ok.  I'll investigate this at some point.

Thank you.

I saw that message before -beta1 release and solved it in webGui by adding this line to template.php:

date_default_timezone_set($var['timeZone']);

The messages you are seeing are issues in the plugins you are using.

I have tried adding 'date_default_timezone_set' to the apcupsd plugin php code, specifically the apcupsdctl.php file.  If I set the parameter to 'Asia/Manila' the warning message goes away, but $var['timeZone'] doesn't seem to work.  What is the scope of timeZone, where is it set?  Is it documented anywhere?

I'm sure that there aren't many other people on here who want their time zone set to Manila!

Yes i Formatted the key to ensure all was vanilla but when it gotten into the state it was booted into xen but I had since rebooted a few times always without xen

Right, found the bug.  The problem will show up if on Settings/Share Settings page, under Cache Settings, you set the "Min. free space:" field to blank.  This is fixed in 6.0-beta4 and 5.0.6, but a workaround is to set that field to a numeric value.  If your intent is have no min space floor, put a 0 in that field.  Then stop/start array.

TOM you are a STAR, my shares are finally back!!!!!

Is there any protocol to mount a share from Dom0 and DomU without using NFS or SMB? I would Google it but unsure of what terminology to use to find it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Nope. If it existed I'd have used it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are you sure, after researching a bit, it seems like iSCSI or FCoE might be the way to go for block level sharing along with the Xen Block Attach method.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk