unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta3-x86_64 Available

limetech

great news! although i just came across this:

After pre-clearing a disk, adding it to the array - (only one single one) then disabling SMB, it throws this error.. The only way for me to get rid of it, is to go into the disk itself, /mnt/disk1 and rm -rf * - the GUI stops throwing errors and the SMB shares are reset for that specific drive.. Any ideas?

Have you recently installed or removed any addons or alternate webGUI? If so, you might try clearing your browser cache to see if this problem goes away.

No add ons were active at that time..

There wasn't any top level directories with quotes

I will install the latest beta, i'm still  on 3 and try again.

;D exciting indeed

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't any top level directories with quotes

I will install the latest beta, i'm still  on 3 and try again.

I experienced almost exactly the same symptoms with beta 4, so I'm pretty sure upgrading will make no difference.

Have you tried what I suggest in reply 647 - editing one of the files which is reported to be in error.  If you go to the line number given, you will see which directory is causing the problem.  As I said. it may not be a quote mark, but some other 'unusual' character which causes grief for a parser.

I'm testing this on an Atom 230 based server with 2GB memory (yes I realize that this is very under-powered, but it's a test server).  Even when I reduced the memory, I would still get a CPU still shortly after booting.  However, when I made the changes SchoolBusDriver suggested below, I was able to successfully boot, so just wanted to pass this along in case others see the same issue.

Specifically I was seeing an error like this:

rcu sched self detected stall on CPU[0] t=6000 jiffies g=1258 c=1257 y=429

sending NMI to all CPU's

xen:  vector 0x2 is not implemented

I suggested the following and Tom has said they are going into the next release:

1. Do not assign a set amount of memory to Dom0 and make syslinux.cfg look like this:

label Xen 4.3.1 / unRAID OS
  kernel /syslinux/mboot.c32
  append /xen dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin --- /bzimage --- /bzroot
label Xen 4.3.1 / unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins)
  append /xen  --- /bzimage --- /bzroot unraidsafemode

c) Assigning more than one isn't going to make Dom0, write files faster to unRAID or make the VMs run any faster.

I just had this error:

rcu sched self detected stall on CPU[7] t=xxx jiffies g=xxx c=xxx q=xxx

sending NMI to all CPU's

xen:  vector 0x2 is not implemented

after the system had been running for an hour or two. B3 ran fine. (i7, 6GB ram, xen with 4gb for tretflix vm)

I will make the changes suggested

Tony

i have this problem with beta4 installed

... in which case it would be a good idea to post in the beta4 thread.

However, as far as I am aware, you are the only person experiencing the problem in beta4.  I use nfs shares exclusively, and have no such problem.

Perhaps you never ran the New Permissions script properly?

just to point out the obvious....

every beta 3 user should upgrade immediately to beta 4. If you find a bug you cant live with in beta 4 then report it in the beta 4 thread and revert to beta 3. DO NOT report beta 3 bugs as they are either fixed in beta 4 or are now a beta 4 bug.

If you dont want to be upgrading from beta 3 to beta 4 due to the risk you probably should not have been using the betas in the first place :)

Exciting times :)

A creep in beta 3 posts.... update to beta 4 people and post there if issue persists

• 2 months later...

My server is headless. How can I boot into the Xen/UnRaid version instead of the default unraid only?

Edit /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg, and move the 'menu defailt' line to the configuration you want to boot, for instance:

label Xen/unRAID OS
  menu default

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i run an unraid 6 beta 3 Server with 18HD + parity and cache drive.

Two weeks ago i  run out of disk space but I dont noticed that...because of the cache drive.

On the web interface i saw "0 B" free for ALL Data Disks.

So i added a new drive and thought that was it.....unfortunately i saw today that i still have a lot of files on the cache drive that are not moved  :(

So i start the mover via webinterface and got messages like this for every file:

Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: moving Data/
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: ./Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/2014_06_17/IMG.jpg
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: .d..t...... ./
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: .d..t...... Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: >f.stpog... Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/2014_06_17/IMG.jpg
Jun 25 14:08:44 nas shfs/user0: shfs_write: write: (28) No space left on device
Jun 25 14:08:44 nas logger: rsync: write failed on "/mnt/user0/Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/2014_06_17/IMG.jpg": No space left on device (28)
Jun 25 14:08:44 nas logger: rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(389) [receiver=3.1.0]

I found this file IMG.jpg on my drive8 with user root and group root.

On the cache drive the file has my name as owner and "user" as group.

Files i added AFTER i expand the Raid are moved fine!

Any idea how to fix this????

BTW: at time of this issue the "Min. free space:" for all shares was NOT set....must happened while i update  :-[

Thanks

Mirko

Hi,

i run an unraid 6 beta 3 Server with 18HD + parity and cache drive.

Two weeks ago i  run out of disk space but I dont noticed that...because of the cache drive.

On the web interface i saw "0 B" free for ALL Data Disks.

So i added a new drive and thought that was it.....unfortunately i saw today that i still have a lot of files on the cache drive that are not moved  :(

So i start the mover via webinterface and got messages like this for every file:

Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: moving Data/
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: ./Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/2014_06_17/IMG.jpg
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: .d..t...... ./
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: .d..t...... Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/
Jun 25 14:08:43 nas logger: >f.stpog... Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/2014_06_17/IMG.jpg
Jun 25 14:08:44 nas logger: rsync: write failed on "/mnt/user0/Data/AVAYA Scann Dokumente/2014_06_17/IMG.jpg": No space left on device (28)
Jun 25 14:08:44 nas logger: rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(389) [receiver=3.1.0]

I found this file IMG.jpg on my drive8 with user root and group root.

On the cache drive the file has my name as owner and "user" as group.

Files i added AFTER i expand the Raid are moved fine!

Any idea how to fix this????

BTW: at time of this issue the "Min. free space:" for all shares was NOT set....must happened while i update  :-[

Thanks

Mirko

It looks like the issue may be based on your split level. If UnRAID believes that all files in the Avaya folder need to exist on the same physical drive and there is no space left, you are kind of hung. If this is the case, and you have added your new empty drive to the same shares then you could use Midnight Commander (MC) to move the entire Avaya folder from your full disk to the empty one. Then mover will be able to move the remaining files.

Hopefully this makes sense. :)

If not, let me know and I can try and explain further.