[XEN VM IMG] ArchVM <--- deprecated 01/07/2014

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My server was off for some reason today, now I can't get the nfs shares to work (I remember having trouble last time, but don't know what I did to fix it) does anyone have any ideas?

[root@ArchApplianceVM_v3 ~]# showmount 192.168.0.20 -e

Export list for 192.168.0.20:

/mnt/user/TV    *

/mnt/user/Music  *

/mnt/user/Movies *

[root@ArchApplianceVM_v3 ~]# cd /net/192.168.0.20/mnt/user/TV

-bash: cd: /net/192.168.0.20/mnt/user/TV: No such file or directory

*edit*

I've added entries to the fstab, Ill see how I get on with that, for my own future reference:

192.168.0.20:/mnt/user/TV        /mnt/TV    nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid 0 0

192.168.0.20:/mnt/user/Movies        /mnt/Movies    nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid 0 0

192.168.0.20:/mnt/user/Music        /mnt/Music    nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid 0 0

doing mount -a says it couldnt parse something but the shares seem to be there

*edit2*

Changing the location to say /mnt/TV means everything is showing up as unavailable =/

*edit 3*

changed it to:

192.168.0.20:/mnt/user/TV        /net/192.168.0.20/mnt/user/TV    nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid 0 0

192.168.0.20:/mnt/user/Movies        /net/192.168.0.20/mnt/user/Movies    nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid 0 0

192.168.0.20:/mnt/user/Music        /net/192.168.0.20/mnt/user/Music    nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid 0 0

See how I get on with that

*edit4* ok, that seems to work

I'm having an issue where transmission or deluge can't download to my cache drive, I get permission denied errors.  I tried mounting using samba and nfs and I can write to the mount as root, but not through a torrent client. Any ideas?

*EDIT* solved, just had to change some file permissions  :-X

Just a general knowledge based question. Why do I have to create a 40gig (or whatever) data.img for plex in Arch when I can $ls /net/server.ip/mnt/cache/ etc. from arch and see my directory tree. I, like most of you, already have a file on my cache drive with my complete plex folder, library info etc. I do not see where I can modify my plex library info, to change the path for arch to /net/server.ip, so I would probably have to rescan my library after adding the channels in the arch plex setup. Is this just bad practice? impractical? cause read/write delays with arch?. Just seems like I am creating .img files for an arbitrary number, when my standard plex folder, on my cache, can expand and grow without any formal ceiling. I figure there must be a reason, but I didn't see any clarification in the 26 pages of post.

Thanks,

Rick

Running into issues with sabnzbd and SSL, tried removing and re-installing sabnzbd and python2-pyopenssl.  During the setup of sab, 2nd page, it's stating that pyopenssl is not installed.  However it is installed.

Not sure how I can remedy this issue, as reinstalling doesn't seem to address the issue.  Tried google but was not able to find anything.

I did perform an update earlier today, pacman -Syu, wonder if I have some sort of python issue - version conflict or something.

Definitely a noob, but making progress until this ...

You probably want to look at this:  http://smyl.es/how-to-move-plex-metadata-and-index-data-to-new-driver-andor-directory-location/

I personally moved the Plex library to the VM as I wanted everything (except media files obv) to be contained entirely within the VM.  You can change the location of your library in the PMS config file located at /etc/conf.d/plexmediaserver.

I am the opposite. I want to be able to browse the plex files incase of a problem. I do not enjoy using terminal to access the arch vm to access the files for plex library. If I can leave them separate and in their current location and just direct arch plex to the files I would prefer it. If there is some reason I can not do that, cause it will create an issue, then I will follow the leaders. I just didn't understand, and being a slight noob, was hoping for clarification. If I can access my unraid share mounts and cache drive from inside arch, why would I copy all my plex files to a file inside arch, if I can just direct plex to the files I want to show it. ie. /net/server.ip/cache/appdata/plex/Application\ Support/

Created a new VM from scratch using the original Arch_V3.zip, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did.  Basically just added my mounts in fstab, updated pacman -Syu, installed Sickbeard, LMS and Sab.  Installed optional package for SSL (pyopenssl). Changed localhost to 0.0.0.0 in sabnzbd.ini, restarted sab, connected and same issue.  Restarted VM, tried again, same thing.

Running into issues with sabnzbd and SSL, tried removing and re-installing sabnzbd and python2-pyopenssl.  During the setup of sab, 2nd page, it's stating that pyopenssl is not installed.  However it is installed.

Not sure how I can remedy this issue, as reinstalling doesn't seem to address the issue.  Tried google but was not able to find anything.

I did perform an update earlier today, pacman -Syu, wonder if I have some sort of python issue - version conflict or something.

Created a new VM from scratch using the original Arch_V3.zip, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did.  Basically just added my mounts in fstab, updated pacman -Syu, installed Sickbeard, LMS and Sab.  Installed optional package for SSL (pyopenssl). Changed localhost to 0.0.0.0 in sabnzbd.ini, restarted sab, connected and same issue.  Restarted VM, tried again, same thing.

I'm not sure what to say, I install that package on every build I use sabnzbd on and it works just fine.

For reference, the package I install is the same as your by the looks of things. You have restarted sabnzbd after installed python2-pyopenssl right?

pacman -Sy python2-pyopenssl
systemctl restart sabnzbd

You probably want to look at this:  http://smyl.es/how-to-move-plex-metadata-and-index-data-to-new-driver-andor-directory-location/

I personally moved the Plex library to the VM as I wanted everything (except media files obv) to be contained entirely within the VM.  You can change the location of your library in the PMS config file located at /etc/conf.d/plexmediaserver.

I am the opposite. I want to be able to browse the plex files incase of a problem. I do not enjoy using terminal to access the arch vm to access the files for plex library. If I can leave them separate and in their current location and just direct arch plex to the files I would prefer it. If there is some reason I can not do that, cause it will create an issue, then I will follow the leaders. I just didn't understand, and being a slight noob, was hoping for clarification. If I can access my unraid share mounts and cache drive from inside arch, why would I copy all my plex files to a file inside arch, if I can just direct plex to the files I want to show it. ie. /net/server.ip/cache/appdata/plex/Application\ Support/

The reason I like it totally contained within the VM is because I was having issues mounting my unraid shares over NFS (incl the cache drive).  To be honest after moving to samba mounts, I haven't had any issues and I could probably move it back to reading from the cache drive.  But it works now and why mess with it...

It was working fine with the build I created yesterday, updated today pacman -Syu and since then no go.  New VM, same thing .. Maybe I'm missing something else.  Fairly easy to create another VM and try it again.

There was an updste to Python and pyopenssl now you mention it actually. Go look on arch forums see if anyone else is moaning...

I'm a bit busy to help. But you can always try down grading.

Pacman -S downgrade

downgrade python...opensll blah whatever its called.

Sent from my S4 via Tapatalk

It was working fine with the build I created yesterday, updated today pacman -Syu and since then no go.  New VM, same thing .. Maybe I'm missing something else.  Fairly easy to create another VM and try it again.

There was an updste to Python and pyopenssl now you mention it actually. Go look on arch forums see if anyone else is moaning...

I'm a bit busy to help. But you can always try down grading.

Pacman -S downgrade

downgrade python...opensll blah whatever its called.

Sent from my S4 via Tapatalk

You might also just try rebooting the VM. I think pacman -Syu upgraded Arch to the latest release.

Downgrade did not work, probably because I had already removed it with pacman -R and attempted reinstall ?  In the future I will just downgrade.

FYI, when I created a new VM, it automatically downloaded the latest package, which we know doesn't work for SSL.  How would I install the prior package if it wasn't cached (pacman -U, which worked on my original VM) ?  Would downgrade wok on a new install ?

Just trying to understand, I want to become proficient, and not just learn enough to fiddle around with the VM.  If there is a problem, I need to be able to troubleshoot.

Thanks for your help.

The reason I like it totally contained within the VM is because I was having issues mounting my unraid shares over NFS (incl the cache drive).  To be honest after moving to samba mounts, I haven't had any issues and I could probably move it back to reading from the cache drive.  But it works now and why mess with it...

But if Plex has issues with the Unraid shares, then I can not get to my files. I am pretty sure the NFS issue will be resolved, but if I can point unraid to a unraid User Share for the movie data, why can I not point it to another share for it's library? Why do I have to create an data.img file for it? IB? SBD? NAS? GC?

Can you add musicip to your repo ?  It's in the AUR, I use it with LMS and would be greatly appreciated.

Would you kindly do a MythTV even thou its going to require x11 forwarding to setup?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Sure thing. As per usual, just tell me which packages from AUR you need compiling...

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&C=0&SeB=nd&K=mythtv&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&do_Search=Go

@ironicbadger thanks for your help with this, for some reason, allocating 2GB of ram wasn't enough for archVM and my build only had 4GB, so i have since installed another 4GB (8GB total) and allocated 4GB to archVM and all is working perfectly!

Thanks for all your work on this, it has certainly made life a lot easier for me! :)

A couple of questions for you though....

(1) - In your video you mentioned you would let us know how to start the VM on boot of unraid, just wondering if you had any luck with this?

(2) - I am currently transferring all my data over the the unraid server and i have mounted my NTFS drives using unmenu, however i cant figure out how to mount an EXT4 drive that i have. Anyway to do this in unraid or is it possible to mount it in archVM?

thanks!

Bump

I've also been wondering how to automatically start arch...I suppose could try and add it to the go file

IB any luck with adding the newest plex release to the Unraid repo in Arch?

Let me do that now...

Edit: Done! If you want to upgrade plex then just issue pacman -Syu

Packages updated

- plexmediaserver-0.9.9.7.429-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

- plexmediaserver-plexpass-0.9.9.7.429-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

- subsonic-4.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz