[XEN VM IMG] ArchVM <--- deprecated 01/07/2014

That packet loss shouldn't be nic related since it is happening over the virtual bridge. I see those errors too but have no plex issues.  I'm using automount with cifs and also have no trouble with scans. You might look into you folder permissions.  You need to investigate your plex logs to see what the scanner is seeing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear.  As I said in his thread, i updated his script to grab your version 5, and I'm also very impressed.  It downloaded, installed and ran without any problems.  Very nice!

I look forward to see what you 2 can cook up together!! :)

I have updated my script and i will push it to live the second i see beta6 is live (there are some cool stuff there). IB Forgot to tell me about his v5 push. else i would push that as a single update :) but any second now we hope

Repo URL is changing from 'unraidrepo.ktz.me' to 'repo.ktz.me/repo' TODAY ( 30/5/14 ). You'll need to edit your pacman.conf file at this time to continue receiving packages.

To fix your VM you need to edit your pacman.conf file as follows...

nano +99 /etc/pacman.conf 

Then look for the [unraid6repo] entry and edit it as such:

[archVMrepo]
SigLevel = Never
Server = http://repo.ktz.me/repo

Then press Ctrl + X to save the file and quit. Run ' pacman -Syu ' to double check it all works.

An example file is available here...

http://repo.ktz.me/pacman.conf

was I just too fast, or is it broken?

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# nano +99 /etc/pacman.conf
[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronising package databases...
core                                                       111.8 KiB   205K/s 00:01 [################################################] 100%
extra                                                     1621.1 KiB   253K/s 00:06 [################################################] 100%
community                                                    2.2 MiB   253K/s 00:09 [################################################] 100%
multilib                                                   116.1 KiB   225K/s 00:01 [################################################] 100%
archlinuxfr                                                 18.8 KiB  68.2K/s 00:00 [################################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'unraid6repo.db' from repo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed to update unraid6repo (download library error)
:: Starting full system upgrade...
there is nothing to do

also, I still am having problems getting sabnzbd to install/run.  Not sure if it's related to this change or not.  I got this just before making the changes to your repo.

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# systemctl start sabnzbd
[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# ps aux | grep sab
root       454  5.1  1.0 1273936 21448 ?       Ssl  13:24   0:00 /usr/bin/python2 -OO /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -l0
root       483  0.0  0.0  10708  1080 pts/0    S+   13:24   0:00 grep sab
[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# pacman -R sabnzbd
checking dependencies...

Packages (1): sabnzbd-0.7.17-1

Total Removed Size:   6.92 MiB

:: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n] y
/tmp/alpm_cxnKnQ/.INSTALL: line 53: xdg-mime: command not found
/tmp/alpm_cxnKnQ/.INSTALL: line 54: xdg-icon-resource: command not found
error: command failed to execute correctly
(1/1) removing sabnzbd                                                               [################################################] 100%
warning: /opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini saved as /opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini.pacsave
==> There may be some files left in /opt/sabnzbd.

I posted earlier about the errors I got when trying to install, they look to be the same as the ones above.  I tried updating sab to see if that would fix it, but it didn't...

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# pacman -S sabnzbd
warning: sabnzbd-0.7.17-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Total Installed Size:   6.92 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                       [################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                     [################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                          [################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                    [################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                  [################################################] 100%
(1/1) reinstalling sabnzbd                                                           [################################################] 100%

also, I still am having problems getting sabnzbd to install/run.  Not sure if it's related to this change or not.  I got this just before making the changes to your repo.

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# systemctl start sabnzbd
[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# ps aux | grep sab
root       454  5.1  1.0 1273936 21448 ?       Ssl  13:24   0:00 /usr/bin/python2 -OO /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -l0
root       483  0.0  0.0  10708  1080 pts/0    S+   13:24   0:00 grep sab
[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# pacman -R sabnzbd
checking dependencies...

Total Removed Size:   6.92 MiB

:: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n] y
/tmp/alpm_cxnKnQ/.INSTALL: line 53: xdg-mime: command not found
/tmp/alpm_cxnKnQ/.INSTALL: line 54: xdg-icon-resource: command not found
error: command failed to execute correctly
(1/1) removing sabnzbd                                                               [################################################] 100%
warning: /opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini saved as /opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini.pacsave
==> There may be some files left in /opt/sabnzbd.

I posted earlier about the errors I got when trying to install, they look to be the same as the ones above.  I tried updating sab to see if that would fix it, but it didn't...

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# pacman -S sabnzbd
warning: sabnzbd-0.7.17-1 is up to date -- reinstalling

Total Installed Size:   6.92 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.00 MiB

(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                       [################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                     [################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                          [################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                    [################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                  [################################################] 100%
(1/1) reinstalling sabnzbd                                                           [################################################] 100%

Patience! I'm working on stuff, but the SAB will have to wait for now. I'm not sure what it is anyway, will need to look into it.

That packet loss shouldn't be nic related since it is happening over the virtual bridge. I see those errors too but have no plex issues.  I'm using automount with cifs and also have no trouble with scans. You might look into you folder permissions.  You need to investigate your plex logs to see what the scanner is seeing.

Well Plex was only the first issue that I noticed after virtualizing my services:

• When Plex starts deleting, it loses it's access to the mounts (I can't stream any of the movies it's already scanned in).
  • Sabnzbd gives a warning that it cannot create a folder that already exists. It will still download to this folder however, but the downloads thus far have been incomplete
  • Sickbeard gives an error for about half my TV shows that "Error trying to add show: Invalid folder for the show!"
  • my XBMC Servers (which connect to a virtualized SQL server), are unpredictable at best on whether the scans to/from the SQL VM work

So, thus far, every service I've virtualized seems to be having network related issues. I've assigned IP's to the VM's via MAC address on the router, so nothing complicated on this setup, and I've got three VM's going (arch_plex, arch_sql, arch_usenet), all of which are having some sort of issue that I feel is similar.

EDIT: so it seems some of these issues are caused by issues with autofs/nfs. Others are due to permissions problems. Some people had similar issues that were discussed on pages 21-23. my workaround was to manually mount my shares via FSTAB, as well as assign the appropriate permissions for Sickbeard/sabnzbd. The above issues are resolved now.

Well Plex was only the first issue that I noticed after virtualizing my services:

• Sabnzbd gives a warning that it cannot create a folder that already exists. It will still download to this folder however, but the downloads thus far have been incomplete
  • Sickbeard gives an error for about half my TV shows that "Error trying to add show: Invalid folder for the show!"
  • my XBMC Servers (which connect to a virtualized SQL server), are unpredictable at best on whether the scans to/from the SQL VM work

So, thus far, every service I've virtualized seems to be having network related issues. I've assigned IP's to the VM's via MAC address on the router, so nothing complicated on this setup, and I've got three VM's going (arch_plex, arch_sql, arch_usenet), all of which are having some sort of issue that I feel is similar.

I've also seen these issues with SAB (I don't use Plex) and have created a couple of posts on the subject, and replied to many others, but still don't have a resolution.  I've decided to create a new ArchVM from scratch, and start fresh, but unfortunately the SAB in IB's repo is hosed, so I can't install SAB in the new Machine yet.  He's working on it, and once fixed, I'll pick up again.

hopefully we'll find answers to these issues, and those that follow will have an easier road than we've had :)

Thank you all for your (continued) patience during this transition. I had to reorganise things because as the repo is growing my www root dir was becoming rather cluttered. Thanks all.

This is just a quick post to inform everyone that the transition is complete and working. If you have a 404 error it's likely your error in editing the pacman.conf file. I don't anticipate changing this again.

Update release

Changes:

Rolled justinchase's changes into the example fstab entry for CIFS / SMB users.

I wish I could take credit for this, but it wasn't me that figured this out.  I believe this resolution came from fiscalcon, here...

Finally got cifs to mount on boot using an /etc/fstab entry. mount -a would work, but on boot it just wouldn't. No messages in /var/log/samba either.

The two more recent changes I made:

1.) Added x-systemd.automount to my line. (auto didn't work)

2.) Made change mentioned here by Tom a few posts down:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=32682.0

My /etc/fstab line is below. I used the uid and gid of the sickbeard user during my previous attempts to even get this working on the command line with Sickbeard. Possible a subset of this entry could be used with everything working. I may look into that later.

//192.168.1.119/Media /mnt/unraid cifs rw,username=fiscalcon,password=<MyPass>,uid=998,gid=998,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,x-systemd.automount 0 0

or, possibly from jumperalex, here...

Check out my fstab, I really think I have it licked.  If not, then I'll be curious to know what's different in yours that might be failing.

I rebooted the VM and the machine several times last night and every time my shares were automatically mounted when I either issued ls /mnt/[share mount] or most importantly, when I fired up Plex and started playing a video.  It just worked.

To be clear, before I added auto,x-systemd.automount I had to issue mount -a as well.

PS:

* I might not even need to explicitly issue "auto" but for now it is there.

* I'm also have no doubt this will NOT solve any race conditions with services trying to start before the network is even up.  But that should be solved by finding a way to delay those service (PeterB seemed to be onto something).  In the mean time this should make the shares successfully automount once the network IS up and running.  The thing to keep in mind is that df -h will not show them as mounted until they are accessed.

I used the example from jumperalex in my setup, and it seems to be working fine for me also.

Totally fixed my automounting, thanks!!

I had "noperm" in mine (no idea why, that was weeks ago i set it up) and updating it to x-systemd.automount  and rebooting, boom, fixed :)

Hi

Used your guide and all is working, just cant installa nything from repo?

--

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# pacman -Sy plexmediaserver-plexpass

:: Synchronising package databases...

core is up to date

extra is up to date

community is up to date

multilib is up to date

archlinuxfr is up to date

error: failed retrieving file 'unraid6repo.db' from repo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

error: failed to update unraid6repo (download library error)

Packages (2): rsync-3.1.0-2  plexmediaserver-plexpass-0.9.9.10.458-1

Total Download Size:    46.05 MiB

Total Installed Size:  124.67 MiB

:: Retrieving packages ...

rsync-3.1.0-2-x86_64    244.0 KiB  170K/s 00:01 [######################] 100%

error: failed retrieving file 'plexmediaserver-plexpass-0.9.9.10.458-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from repo.ktz.me : Maximum file size exceeded

warning: failed to retrieve some files

error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)

Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

--

Any idea  or help?

Thanks you.

...cant installa nything from repo? ...

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 ~]# pacman -Sy plexmediaserver-plexpass...

Any idea  or help?

yeah, you have to manually update some things, see here...

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31648.msg309659#msg309659

and don't overlook this part...

[unraid6repo] should be [archVMrepo]

Thank you JustinChase, will do the changes toningt when I am home.  :D

Hi

I have installed sickbeard and sabnzbd, sickbeard is working but not sabnzbd. I am using the default port of 8080 but cannot access this via html. The proccess is running, see below. Any Idea's ?

[root@IronicsArchVM_v5 sabnzbd]# ps -ef | grep sab

root      521    1  0 15:28 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python2 -OO /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -l0

root      558  335  0 15:28 hvc0    00:00:00 grep sab

Hi

I have installed sickbeard and sabnzbd, sickbeard is working but not sabnzbd. I am using the default port of 8080 but cannot access this via html. The proccess is running, see below. Any Idea's ?

root      521    1  0 15:28 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python2 -OO /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -l0

I show you in my videos how to setup sab.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just a heads up y'all. When unRAID makes the switch to KVM, would you all be interested in me releasing a new image that supports KVM?

Ciao x

When you say switch, do you mean that its all changing away from XEN to KVM, or you just mean when they also ADD KVM support, that you will work on similar tools/images for KVM ?

Just a heads up y'all. When unRAID makes the switch to KVM, would you all be interested in me releasing a new image that supports KVM?

Ciao x

When you say switch, do you mean that its all changing away from XEN to KVM, or you just mean when they also ADD KVM support, that you will work on similar tools/images for KVM ?

I'll need a separate image most likely if for no other reason than to prevent confusion.

Converting an existing image should be quite simple but will require a few steps which I will post later when required.

As for unraid itself, I'm being kept in the dark for some reason on that subject. Couldn't tell you why.

Hi

I show you in my videos how to setup sab.

Ahh thanks, I have missed the part of the host that needs to change. Many Thanks.