- SOLVED - New NIC - Config

Call me stupid, but I just realized that the NIC in my Server is 100MB. Im assuming its 100MB based on the lights on my switch.

Performance has been fine for serving video but copying files is slow as hell. I just ordered a second GB card. Just a quick question.

The first one is on the board. The second one will be a card.

When I add it will unraid see it automatically or do I have to do some finagling?

I'm hoping that it will just show us as a second NIC in the ipconfig file and I can just swap the IP address.

Am I correct?

Disabling the slower NIC in the BIOS is a good idea;  but UnRAID will actually see both NICs.  As long as you plug your cable into the Gb NIC on the card, that's the one that will be used & you'll get the faster speeds you want.

Are you sure about that?

On my system with two NICs it sees both NICs.    But it's true that those are both on the motherboard, so it MAY not work like that when one's on the PCIe (or PCI) bus.  But since UnRAID supports teaming, it's clearly designed to work with multiple NICs.    Clearly if it doesn't, however, all that's needed is to disable the on-board NIC in the BIOS  :)