When accessing Plex server, it shows "This XML file does not appear to have any

I installed Plex using Plex Media Updater.  It went smoothly.  Now, it shows that Plex is running.  When I access the management page, ipaddress:32400, it shows "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

<MediaContainer size="9" friendlyName="Tower" machineIdentifier="00a108ffd9445bdf741391e0f8be0b4d68191fa6" myPlex="1" myPlexMappingState="unknown" myPlexSigninState="unknown" myPlexUsername="" platform="Linux" platformVersion=" (#1 SMP Wed Mar 20 12:54:40 PDT 2013)" requestParametersInCookie="1" sync="1" transcoderActiveVideoSessions="0" transcoderAudio="1" transcoderVideo="1" transcoderVideoBitrates="64,96,208,320,720,1500,2000,3000,4000,8000,10000,12000,20000" transcoderVideoQualities="0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12" transcoderVideoResolutions="128,128,160,240,320,480,768,720,720,1080,1080,1080,1080" updatedAt="1391877658" version="0.9.8.18.290-11b7fdd">

<Directory count="1" key="channels" title="channels"/>

<Directory count="1" key="clients" title="clients"/>

<Directory count="1" key="library" title="library"/>

<Directory count="1" key="playQueues" title="playQueues"/>

<Directory count="1" key="playlists" title="playlists"/>

<Directory count="1" key="search" title="search"/>

<Directory count="1" key="servers" title="servers"/>

<Directory count="1" key="system" title="system"/>

<Directory count="1" key="transcode" title="transcode"/>

</MediaContainer>

I installed Library to /mnt/disk1/plex and temp to /mnt/disk1/plex/temp.

Please help.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2014 at 8:42 PM, DaleWilliams said:

Try this URL in your web browser:

http://ipaddress:32400/manage

Thank you. 

I've just had to manually upgrade from 1.26.xx to 1.40.xx as my WD PR4100 wasn't noticing that there was an update available, or that the jump between 26 and 40 was too big a change... IDK. The Plex web app had notified me that there was a server update. 

Anywho, I stopped the App on the NAS, and then manually installed the new server software via the NAS web client. I had the exact same error screen as the OP and I thought it was a bit of a disaster. 

When it didn't work at all, I removed 1.40.xx and reinstalled the 1.26.xx that was sitting on the NAS as a piece of software that could be installed. Tried to access the web client and this wouldn't work either! 

Rebooted both computer and NAS and started again. Decided that if I was going to have to bugger about with it in some way, that I'd start with the latest software. Re-installed 1.40.xx but again received the OP's error message. Googled the error and came to this thread. Manually overwrote the URL that was trying to be loaded and it worked immediately... very relieved! In fact, even though I'd deleted PLEX from my NAS (both versions) - i very curiously found that all of my settings were still intact, all of the films in the film category were all still sitting there as they were before. I seriously thought that I was going to have manually re-scan my entire library of all media files to reinstate all of them back in PLEX, but fortunately this wasn't needed at all. 

Many thanks to Dale - saved me a real headache! (even 10 years on).