Moving files from unRaid to Synology

janzy

I have to start by saying that I'm very new to the server world.

I have 3Tb of movies on my unRaid box, I also run A HP microserver that runs Synology 4.3DSM. I had the same movies on this box also.

The Synology was running jobd and crashed.

I'm running a Mac OS

How can I get these files over to the Synology box?

Thanks

Once you're connected to the servers from your Mac, they just look like any other drive.  The only difference is that you have to make a 'connection' between your Mac and the servers. That typically requires a 'userid' for the server and the 'password.'  Once they are connected, the servers show up in the left of the finder window under the heading "Shared", or "Network".

I assume the 'crash' on the Synology box is fixed...and its up and running.

Also, I don't have a synology box here at home, but I think the following works:

1. From your Mac, you access unRAID with the menu command: FINDER / GO / Connect to Server...

You'll get a dialogue box with all the defined shares...highlight them all and connect. (you may have already done this).

That should open a Finder window containing a listing of the folders/files on unRAID.

2. Do exactly the same thing to your Synology box. Finder/Go/Connect, etc.

Giving a second Finder window.

3. Then drag and drop FROM the unRAID Finder window TO the Synology window.

Its probably going to be something pretty simple to fix, once the issue is found.

Open your Mac program called 'Keychain Access'...you'll see in there, any stored logins and passwords. Delete any that point at unRAID as the userid of 'root'. Try Go/connect again...don't forget that userids are lowercase. 

And I guess I'm still trying to understand where you're at..."how did the movies get onto the unRAID box? From the Mac? And if so, what happened that you lost contact with the array?"

Can you see unRAID in the web browser on your mac?

Have you Ever seen your unRAID files from your mac?

Post a syslog  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9880.0

Forget the Synology box for the moment, the problem is to get unRAID back online.

Something happened.  (well duh!)

Without a syslog, its a guess.

But what i'd do is:

1. shut down the array.  (you can get there from the web interface, right?)

2. pull the flash drive out and put it in your Mac.

3. run Disk Utility on it and fix all errors.

4. put the flash back in unRAID and boot up.

If that doesn't bring it back,

Post a syslog  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9880.0

Easiest syslog is to use Dynamix if you have that installed. (look in the "UTILS" tab).

Otherwise telnet into unRAID using Terminal from your mac.

Yes.

Disk Utility will work just fine.  Plug the flash into the Mac USB port. Start Disk Utility.

In the program window that opens, select the flash drive over on the left side.

YOu'll see a button in the lower right of the Disk Utility window..."Repair Disk"...

When its finished a minute later, EJECT the flash drive.

(Eject is probably a little icon up on the bar at the top. You can also eject it from the Disk Utility program (File/Eject) )

Total 26

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 2014-02-14 07:17

drwxrwxtwx 2 root root 4096 2014-02-15 14.52

rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 445 2014-02-14 A Bugs Life

Blu-Ray Config*

RW 1 root root 449 2014-02-15 14.53 movies.cfg*

ls-al/mnt/user:

No such file or directory

Total 26

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 2014-02-14 07:17

drwxrwxtwx 2 root root 4096 2014-02-15 14.52

rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 445 2014-02-14 A Bugs Life

Blu-Ray Config*

RW 1 root root 449 2014-02-15 14.53 movies.cfg*

ls-al/mnt/user:

No such file or directory

Did you copy these results or type them in? It says total 26 but you are only showing 4 and they look incomplete.

Also did you really do ls-al/mnt/user with no spaces or did you do the commands like I had them?

People post these sorts of things to the forum all the time. You just have to know how.

Are you doing this from the console or from telnet? If telnet, what client?

Did you copy the movie folders directly to the root folder of disk? They need to be copied to a share, which would be a folder on one or more disks.

I think you may have to clean it all up and try again. Even a screenshot would be useful.

Archived