Anyone have the ASRock Avoton board yet?

tucansam

I picked up this board to upgrade from a really old AMD duo core that is close to 8-9 years old. Retiring some of my old HDD like a Maxtor 300gb and some WD 500gb. I purchased four Seagate 3TB 7200 drives and one Toshiba 3TB drive. Also a 120gb Samsung SSD for my cache drive.  These will add to two 2TB Samsung drives and seven 1TB drives most of which are WD green's. I will let you know what I get for speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know if AsRock knows specifically about unraid, but given the market this board appears to target (vm/home and business nas) I imagine they would be fairly responsive to inquiries regarding issues.  Would stink for them if their new board is a dud.  I've not found any other MFG that offers the same features on a board, so hopefully AsRock will look into this right away. 

No i just sent it back to newegg (signed up for premiere service so get free return shipping). Going to order core i7 4770s and cheap mobo. My real goal was to do 4-5 transcoding sessions at a time and I could only get 3 going and started getting buffers with plex (cpu was maxed so figured its cpu limited but it could of been because of the performance of the drives (40mb less).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived