Cleverbox 16 Review

I wanted to write a quick review on the Cleverbox 16 I ordered from GreenLeaf Technology.  I was using a Promise Pegasus R4 and was running out of space with no easy way to upgrade.  I had been thinking about UnRaid for a while since it offered the kind of versatility I needed.  My biggest concerns were having the ability to transcode multiple streams, future expandability and quiet operation.

I received my Cleverbox a couple of weeks ago, and since I was supplying my own drives it took a while to pre-clear and set everything up, but I have to say it is a really great box.  It runs a lot more quiet than I expected (which is always a good thing).  It handles multiple transcodes at once without an issue, and I can put 60TB in this if needed. 

Kyle from Greenleaf was incredibly helpful in answering my questions, and I received the unit when it was promised despite the awful weather that was plaguing the midwest at the time.  Other than some minor issues that are software related, I'm extremely happy with my choice. 

I highly recommend Greenleaf if you want a well built UnRaid server.