sabnzbd not moving movies to unraid user share

sgvnut

Hi guys,

I followed Ironic's great video guide and got the archVM set up and downloaded PMS and sabnzbd. I'm having trouble setting up sabnzbd. It does not seem to be able to locate and access the shares that i direct it to download and move the complete files to. It downloads the files and unpacks them but i have no idea where it saves to. I have NFS turned on for all the usershare folders. I also have PMS installed but that seems to be able to access and read my shares. Tried some searching and going through the main appliance thread but couldn't really figure it out. When i click on the browse button to assign where to save files to, the user share folders don't show up. So i just type it in manually /net/Tower/mnt/user/data/complete. Then i download something on sabnzbd and it does its thing but no files show up in the shares. I'm assuming it saves it somewhere on the arch image?

I'm guessing it's saving the files as "owned" by root:root. The way to see that is from the terminal (command line). Typing "ls -l /mnt/user/data/complete" will show ownership and permissions on the files in that directory. If the files are somewhere else then you'll have to type out the correct path.

Ideally they should be owned by nobody:users. The key is to figure out how to do that. I think it's tied to how SAB runs on the VM. If it's root then root will own the file when it's moved to the array. I'm experiencing a problem similar to this and haven't quite solved it. I'll have to do some more checking. Hopefully the answer is a simple one.

I'm guessing it's saving the files as "owned" by root:root. The way to see that is from the terminal (command line). Typing "ls -l /mnt/user/data/complete" will show ownership and permissions on the files in that directory. If the files are somewhere else then you'll have to type out the correct path.

Ideally they should be owned by nobody:users. The key is to figure out how to do that. I think it's tied to how SAB runs on the VM. If it's root then root will own the file when it's moved to the array. I'm experiencing a problem similar to this and haven't quite solved it. I'll have to do some more checking. Hopefully the answer is a simple one.

you can change the user that sab runs as, can't remember how to do it off the top of my head as i no longer use sab (nzbget) but when i did use it i changed the user, but for folder permissions see this :- http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/unix-permissions

you can change the user that sab runs as, can't remember how to do it off the top of my head as i no longer use sab (nzbget) but when i did use it i changed the user, but for folder permissions see this :- http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/unix-permissions

I like chmod 666 which gives read/write to all users.

FWIW, I checked on my test/dev setup and if I copy files from the download folder to array the ownership is nobody:users (inherited) however, if I move the file ownership becomes that of the VM user.

Another FWIW, I'm testing nzbget which is really nice! But I've run into a similar problem with being able to move the file after downloading it. So, in this case SAB seems a bit better.

I like chmod 666 which gives read/write to all users.

FWIW, I checked on my test/dev setup and if I copy files from the download folder to array the ownership is nobody:users (inherited) however, if I move the file ownership becomes that of the VM user.

Another FWIW, I'm testing nzbget which is really nice! But I've run into a similar problem with being able to move the file after downloading it. So, in this case SAB seems a bit better.

My nzbget runs as root, my unmask setting in security pane is set to 1000

my incomplete downloads directory is local to the VM and downloads get shifted to the array when complete. they go to different directories according to type. then couch potato and sick beard take over the final move to my media folders and setting relevant final permissions. never had an issue with moving files.

I mount my unraid download folders with samba on the nzbget VM.

Is there a way to modify how sickbeard sets permission on the directory it creates? I got sab and sickbeard working together with the post-processing. I'm having a problem with the permissions of the folder and files that sickbeard processes. It doesn't allow me to rename or delete or move any files into the directory.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem when using autoFS (keep on getting error 13 when using sickbeard postprocessing script). Turns out a show folder created by SickBeard was under user sickbeard (which you can only tell if you look at the folder from the Unraid box and not the VM box) and when sabnzbd tried to copy to it sabnzbd did not have permission. My solution was using Samba (detailed in my post here)

• 2 weeks later...

Not to unnecessarily bump this topic, but this seemed to be an appropriate, separate location for my question rather than getting lost in IB's ArchVM thread as I am having a similar problem to the OP.

I have upgraded from 5.0.4 to 6.0beta4 and have (attempted to) set up two ArchVMs-one for Plex, and one for Sab/SB/CP/etc. After some initial slow loading, it appears that my Plex setup works fine when directing my library to /net/unRAID IP address/mnt/user/Appropriate Share. However, Sabnzbd is being extremely stubborn. The download seems to work fine, but then when trying to move to my unRAID shares based on the category in Sabnzbd, I get "PostProcessing was aborted (Cannot create final folder ...)".

As a baseline, please note that I have followed the network delay instructions referenced here as Tom indicated that the change would go in to beta 5. I have tried combinations of making the following changes and resetting my share location as appropriate under Categories in Sabnzbd:

*Modify autofs.master/autofs.Tower to include my shares under NFS

*Modify autofs.master to use its ability to automount SMB shares

*Modify hosts file to include my unRAID server IP address

*Modify /etc/fstab as appropriate (examples here)

*Follow the instructions for 6.0beta3 that were meant to be a temporary fix for NFS drives (set security to Private and enter code)

I will admit that I have NOT tried the solution by hoxbox382 referenced above.

I have confirmed that my unRAID shares are owned by nobody:users so I don't think that's the problem. Parenthetically, I am finding that running ls on /net has no results, but if I navigate directly to /net/my ip address I can then get in to /mnt/user/... (I have no idea if this is a related problem).

I can already see the potential of the VMs - I successfully installed pacaur on my SAB VM and I am interested in things that are not yet in IB's repo, such as Mylar. Also, it may be anecdotal evidence but I fell like the webgui in beta 4 is significantly faster with changing pages, stop/starting array, etc. Any input on how to get this straightened out would be greatly appreciated. If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know.

Hi,

I'm also having some difficulties with my permissions and moving files around.

my incomplete downloads directory is local to the VM and downloads get shifted to the array when complete. they go to different directories according to type. then couch potato and sick beard take over the final move to my media folders and setting relevant final permissions. never had an issue with moving files.

Sparklyballs (feels funny writing that), could you share how you got NZBGET up and running in the VM?

Tia/Lappen

Hi,

I'm also having some difficulties with my permissions and moving files around.

Sparklyballs (feels funny writing that), could you share how you got NZBGET up and running in the VM?

Tia/Lappen

In an effort to pay it forward, try the instructions posted by binhex in the main ArchVM thread at this post.

Those who are having problems with sabnzbd in ArchVM may find some benefit in reading here and here.

Peter, thanks for the input! I saw those posts in my travels. I believe the network delay issue was initially addressed and solved by needo here and later resolved by a suggestion by Tom himself here. Is this correct? (I ended up making the modification suggested by Tom as part of my troubleshooting, so that certainly could have been the resolution to my issues).

Peter, thanks for the input! I saw those posts in my travels. I believe the network delay issue was initially addressed and solved by needo here and later resolved by a suggestion by Tom himself here. Is this correct? (I ended up making the modification suggested by Tom as part of my troubleshooting, so that certainly could have been the resolution to my issues).

My experience suggests that there is more than one sort of delay.

1) The delay in setting up the network configuration via dhcp

2) A delay in being able to use the network even though the network-online.target has been started.

3) A delay in being able to access nfs shares (on Dom0, using autofs??).

1 and 2 sound like they should be the same, but my experience is that I need my technique (ping test)  even with Tom's fix in place in order to get Logitechmediaserver running correctly.  3 is definitely a different issue.