*SOLVED* disk replaced and missing music now

So i am currently running pro v5.0-rc16c. disk 7 said it had corruption and run reiserfsck -tree. i did and ran successfull and put some stuff in lost+found folder. everything in there looks not important like posters from my myplex movies and all my music was there. After disk7 went red balled indicating it was bad. i didn't think it was and read in forums to stop array then take disk out of array. start array again then stop and readd said disk and if it red balled again it was bad. Well it was fine for a while and then red balled again so i just had my server off for a week or so until i could get a new hdd and replace the red balled hdd. 

I just got the hdd in and replaced and built off parity and everything was great. so i thought. i have everything except all my music which was on disk 7, the one i replaced. Now i am hoping i can get it back. did i mess it up by taking out of array and starting it again? i still have disk and put back in (along with old flash drive files associated with that disk) to see if i can get music,  but only some was there not all. is all hope lost? I thought the parity had all that info and would just build on new drive i put in. i shut my server down for now so i do no more harm.

please help

thanks

Alright so i installed the SNAP addin so i could see my old disk outside the array and it looks like everything on it looks like the new disk7 i installed. Looks like not all my music was on this one disk. it is spread on all disk, but i can only see it if i click on each disk individually and select music folder in each one. They are REALLLY slow to open up though. Also on the disk i replaced (disk7) when i select the music folder it gives me some errors on top saying Warning: filetype(): Lstat failed for /usr/local/emhttp/mnt/disk7/Music/Eric Pryp - We Are Mirage.mp3 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/indexer/Browse.php on line 21 Warning: filectime(): Then keeps saying for others songs as well. How do i get unraid to recognize all music folders into one mapped folder again? adding my syslog since i forgot to last time.

syslog.zip

Looking at the log, the ST9320423AS disk with serial 5VH2KNK4 looks like it might be having a serious issue as it is showing a Current_Pending Sector value of 206365311 when you want it to be zero.    As that is an implausibly high number I am not sure what that indicates and what the side-effects might be.

Its funny you say that about that disk. I just checked the status in unmenu and the temp is off the charts (pic attached)? smart hdd test passed, but should i replace anyway? i do have another disk i could use. what is the current pending sector value for?

Also noticed in logs keeps saying alot of this about files.  Tower shfs/user: shfs_readdir: readdir_r: /mnt/disk7/Music (2) No such file or directory

temp.zip

Its funny you say that about that disk. I just checked the status in unmenu and the temp is off the charts (pic attached)? smart hdd test passed, but should i replace anyway? i do have another disk i could use. what is the current pending sector value for?

The current_pending_sector indicates how many sectors on that drive have had a read failure (i.e. their data is unreliable).  In theory that is not fatal as there is a pool of spare sectors that the drive will try and use when that sector is next written (but the current data is suspect).  If the drive succeeds in rewriting that sector the next time it is written or using one of the spare sectors then the count of reallocated sectors is incremented and the count of pending_sectors decremented.

The net effect of this is that a drive that has a small number of reallocated (or even pending) sectors is not unusable.  However the reallocated number needs to stay constant or the drive should be considered as failing, and the pending_sectors should go to zero.  A 'good' drive will have 0 for both those values.  In particular any non-zero in the pending_sectors count means that if any other drive fails it cannot be built reliably from parity as this drive cannot be read reliably.

With the value given I would recommend that the drive be replaced, and if you can RMA it I would do so.

alright so i replaced that 320gb disk with a 500gb after preclearing it. Everything back up and running with parity valid. Still getting errors reading music directory and its still empty. I guess I could go to each individual drive and copy each music folder to a usb hard drive or something, but wouldn't i be back in the same situation if i just recreated a folder again called music?

attached current syslog

syslog.zip

Wow! You're right! i ran --rebuild-tree option again and this time it fixed all corruption. I ran --check on all drives and had no corruption except on disk7 again. Told me to run the --rebuild-tree option. I ran the --check option one more time after and no corruptions! my music directory is back and working!

thank you all!