[SOLVED] Can't access GUI from Browser with direct IP but I CAN in UnMenu

Hi to all since this morning I have strange problem with my Unraid setup!!  yesterday I was able to access the Unraid with the direct ip in the browser but Now I can't!! I was on 5.04 and today I upgraded to 5.0.5 and still no access!!  I am able to access the Unraid Menu via UnMenu Unraid Main link!!  I tried another computer,iPhone,iPad no luck!!!  All my plugins and apps are working fine!! I have Dynamix, Plex, Couch, Sab and Sickbeard all running just fine!!! I even tried rebooting in Safe Mode with No plugins and have same problem!! No access directly only via Unmenu Link!!  I checked the log but really I don't understand many of the things in there!!  I Did notice that when I rebooted the machine and didn't start the array I get a multiple Looping entries in the Log!!  but when I start the array it stop!!  I can Telnet and access the share on the computer with no problem it just that I can get to the GUI!! I have attached the syslog.txt any ideas??

syslog.txt.zip

You might want to look into scanning the ports of your unRAID server. I'm on a Linux guest and use the program nmap for simple scanning. If you have a Mac, there's a port scanner built-in. You should be looking to see if port 80 on the unRAID server is active. UnMenu uses another port, 8080; and the plugins use different ports. I didn't see anything wrong in your posted "safe-mode" syslog.

It's obvious that some changes were made between yesterday and today either on your unRAID box or your network to make the GUI accessibility stop. The trick is to figuring it out. Your signature says you are running Dynamix which I think is a replacement for the stock GUI. I'm not sure if that could be the issue.

Hopefully you can retrace your steps to unmask the issue.

You might want to look into scanning the ports of your unRAID server. I'm on a Linux guest and use the program nmap for simple scanning. If you have a Mac, there's a port scanner built-in. You should be looking to see if port 80 on the unRAID server is active. UnMenu uses another port, 8080; and the plugins use different ports. I didn't see anything wrong in your posted "safe-mode" syslog.

It's obvious that some changes were made between yesterday and today either on your unRAID box or your network to make the GUI accessibility stop. The trick is to figuring it out. Your signature says you are running Dynamix which I think is a replacement for the stock GUI. I'm not sure if that could be the issue.

Hopefully you can retrace your steps to unmask the issue.

Thanks doorunrun for your suggestions!! The wierd things is that in safe mode the Dynamix plug in is disable as all others plugins and I still can't get to the GUI!! I am linux newbie How can open or close a port in Unraid?  Is there a utility for that?  I used the mac port scanner an I didn't saw port 80 listed in there but all the others like 8080(UnMenu) was listed!!  Thanks again for the help!!

The wierd things is that in safe mode the Dynamix plug in is disable as all others plugins and I still can't get to the GUI!! I am linux newbie How can open or close a port in Unraid?  Is there a utility for that?  I used the mac port scanner an I didn't saw port 80 listed in there but all the others like 8080(UnMenu) was listed!!  Thanks again for the help!!

There's really not a way (easily) to open/close ports. The embedded web server (emhttp) process should enable port 80 for "http" traffic. If jonathanm's suggestion of disabling security software doesn't work it, what comes to mind is whether or not your USB device is at fault. There's a procedure of backing up your existing configuration before doing any format/reinstall work. That's very important!!

A trial step would be to install a demo version of unRAID on ANOTHER USB flash-drive and boot your unRAID server. It will be like a new configuration; if you're worried about your data just disconnect your data drives. This is a test to see if your box can work with a fresh unRAID install. Hopefully, you'll see the stock unRAID webGUI; that would indicate you're existing flash-drive might have issues.

Please review the Wiki and/or this forum if you decide to reinstall unRAID; you're data is important!!

Thanks all for the Help!! taking doorunrun suggestion on scanning the the open ports I saw that port 90 was open so I entered: ip_address:90 and to my surprise I GOT THE GUI!!  ???  So for some reason I changed(I don't know how or if I really did it) the default port of 80 to 90  ??? ???  So now I can access the GUI just fine but on port 90!! How do I change it back to port 80? and How it is possible that I changed or Unraid change it by itself?  Thanks for the help I can live with port 90 But it is weird how it changed? 

See: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=24730.0

To quote Joe L:

change the line in the config/go file from

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

to

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p XX &

where XX = the port you wish it to use, then reboot the server.

I'm glad you found it!!  8)

Thanks for all the help!!! checked the Go file and indeed it was pointing to port 90  ???  change back to 80, restarted and Everything is back to normal!! Thanks again for all suggestions!! Great community!! :D