[EXPIRED] Hitachi (HGST) Deskstar 4TB 7200RPM $149 at Fry's (store pickup only)

pkn

• 2 weeks later...

I have sad news to report! :(

My drives finally arrived after 11 days and they were both defective (spin...click...spin...click)!!  I believe it was the way that Fry's shipped them, not a failure on Hitachi's part.  Fry's basically threw them in a box that was too big with no padding, then they bounced around the country for 11 days before finally being delivered.

They have been RMA'd back to Fry's.

It's just one of those things, you can get 100 good deals and one falls apart because of a factory defect, packager of item has no regard, shipper throws it as if its a football, etc.. Do what you have to and put it behind you; scratch this one off.

Oh, I have.  They said they could place a new order for me, but they were backordered with no ETA.  I said, "No, thanks!"

I didnt need them anyway.  I was just buying them because they were a good deal to replace my 2TB drives.

Sorry to here that, nothing worse then DOA... time/money spent.

I also had to ask for a return label. They wanted me to pick up the tab for the return. 

I should have tried to see if Amazon would have priced matched them.

I checked their policy and they don't price match HD's. But it would be worth a try since Amazon bends over backwards for customers.

Sorry to here that, nothing worse then DOA... time/money spent.

I also had to ask for a return label. They wanted me to pick up the tab for the return. 

I should have tried to see if Amazon would have priced matched them.

I checked their policy and they don't price match HD's. But it would be worth a try since Amazon bends over backwards for customers.

Amazon doesn't officially price match anything except TVs.  But like you said, they bend over backwards for customers.  :)    They end up offering a gift card or a promo code for the difference without actually price matching it.