Tretflix - A Usenet Appliance

I did what @dawiki had done except I used qemu-img to convert the image.

qemu-img convert -O raw Tretflix-v1.3_x64-NAS-disk1.vmdk Tretflix-v1.3_x64-NAS-disk1.img

Just wish it was a little smaller than 30GB. It seems like the NAS only version shouldn't be soo big.

I've been running this for a few days and it was definitely easier than setting up and installing all the apps yourself which I had already done on a light ubuntu appliance. They are all integrated and I like that all the appdata is stored in one spot. Also I like the ease of adding shares and configuring storage. 

tretflix shares add NFS 192.168.1.1 /mnt/user/Movies

I just added symlinks for Movies, TV_Shows, Music etc to /opt/tretflix after adding shares. Similar to the storage symlinks for downloads and tmp, which are linked to my cache drive.

I installed

sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

to get php working with the apache2 server.  Proxies are already set up for apps.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone been able to successfully mount a CIFS share? Kind of rhetorical but I am looking for some syntax help.

I have a media share with a user setup as private read/write access on the share but I am getting no where once I try to input any user/password details:

sysadmin@TretflixVM:~$ tretflix shares add cifs 192.168.1.5 /media

Share not found on the host

This sounds right as the VM would have no access.

sysadmin@TretflixVM:~$ tretflix shares add cifs 192.168.1.5 /media -u daniel - p 4u........

Once I add anything related to users etc. it just gives me the generic message about syntax

If I set the media share to public it works with this command:

tretflix shares add cifs 192.168.1.5 media

I just need to know how to do this with a username and password. :)

EDIT:

Worked it out, finally! Going to see if I can get in contact with the author I hope he will improve the guide with a little more detail.

To give an example, say you have the following user details for a samba share in unRaid.

name: media

user: brad

pass: tretflixpass

tretflix shares add cifs 192.168.1.5 media -u brad tretflixpass

Hope that helps everyone.

What does it put in fstab? Just curious cause I think I was having trouble with writing to storage until I edited it.

//192.168.1.5/media /mnt/192.168.1.5/media cifs auto,sec=ntlm,uid=sysadmin,gid=sysadmin,username=daniel,password=password 0 0

//192.168.1.5/xen /mnt/192.168.1.5/xen cifs auto,sec=ntlm,uid=sysadmin,gid=sysadmin,username=daniel,password=password 0 0

I can write/read to both. Password changed to 'password' for privacy.

If I set the media share to public it works with this command:

tretflix shares add cifs 192.168.1.5 media

I just need to know how to do this with a username and password. :)

EDIT:

Worked it out, finally! Going to see if I can get in contact with the author I hope he will improve the guide with a little more detail.

To give an example, say you have the following user details for a samba share in unRaid.

name: media

user: brad

pass: tretflixpass

tretflix shares add cifs 192.168.1.5 media -u brad tretflixpass

Hope that helps everyone.

Hi - I had all this in my post #21 above...  :)

I read it. And ignored it,:) the user/pass cause I wasn't trying connect as a user. I just tested without and it automatically adds guest.  One thing I had trouble with was sickbeard. I couldn't add existing shows using the mount point (it would be empty) but could if I created a symlink and pointed sickbeard to that it would work.

I'm trying to convert the ..disk1.vmdk file to a raw image using Qemu-1.5.3 for Windows and keep hitting up against a 'Error while reading sector 47316992: invalid argument' error.  I've tried redownloading the Tretflix OVA file a couple times, no luck.  Any suggestions???

My suggestion would be use the Starwind V2V converter, it's free and should work.

I add Maraschino as a front end webpage and used the existing apache proxied hosts to add the apps to maraschino using /sickbeard, /sabnzbd, etc for the url and used this tutorial http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/showthread.php?tid=216 to help apache act as a proxy to the maraschino service.  I already have mysql server acting as my xbmc database but would like to add a headless version of gotham to act as a xbmc server.

screen.JPG.807154cd5d88daf3a254654aca73d4f7.JPG

I'm trying to convert the ..disk1.vmdk file to a raw image using Qemu-1.5.3 for Windows and keep hitting up against a 'Error while reading sector 47316992: invalid argument' error.  I've tried redownloading the Tretflix OVA file a couple times, no luck.  Any suggestions???

If your on a PC or Mac install virtual box then run the command that one of the other users posted and it will convert the disk to raw. It takes a while and you will be left with a 32gb disk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ijuarez!  That was the ticket to get the raw image converted.

I created a config file...

name = "Tretflix"
bootloader = "pygrub"
memory = 8000
vcpus = 4
disk = [
   'phy:/mnt/vmdisk/tretflix/Tretflix-v1.3_x64-NAS-disk1.raw,xvda,w',
   ]
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:01:01:02,bridge=br0' ]
bootloader = "pygrub"

and did the 'xl create tretflix.cfg'.

The VM is created, but when I access the console, it appears hung.

When I do a 'xl list', it lists Tretflix in a Blocked state.

I'm getting closer, but still not quite there yet.

You can't access the console with xl console.  You have to connect directly to the ip of the domain.

Also I was wondering if anyone has tried to mount this img to a temporary mount point. offset=1048576 is the boot sector. I need to find the right offset . I wanna mount it along with a 10GB img and and cp -var mnt1/* mnt2/

Thanks ijuarez!  That was the ticket to get the raw image converted.

I created a config file...

name = "Tretflix"
bootloader = "pygrub"
memory = 8000
vcpus = 4
disk = [
   'phy:/mnt/vmdisk/tretflix/Tretflix-v1.3_x64-NAS-disk1.raw,xvda,w',
   ]
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:01:01:02,bridge=br0' ]
bootloader = "pygrub"

and did the 'xl create tretflix.cfg'.

The VM is created, but when I access the console, it appears hung.

When I do a 'xl list', it lists Tretflix in a Blocked state.

I'm getting closer, but still not quite there yet.

wow you gave it 8GB of memory?

good it worked for you.

Glad that it worked

So i updated to beta4 and i had my raw disk (i have no cache or parity on this test machine) so i write to the only disk i got

my cfg file

name = "Tretflix"

bootloader = "pygrub"

memory = 3000

vcpus = "2"

disk = [

'phy:/mnt/user/Xen/stacklet/Tret/Treflix-disk.raw,xvda,w'

]

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:01:01:01,bridge=br0' ]

bootloader = "pygrub

Where my raw disk is located

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Xen/stacklet/Tret# ls -l

total 31488008

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root  root            0 Mar 31 03:40 README.md-

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root  root          206 Mar 31 03:25 Ter.cfg

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root  root          206 Mar 31 03:40 Ter.cfg-

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 32212254720 Mar 22 20:53 Tretflix-disk.raw

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Xen/stacklet/Tret#

(in case you're wondering of the extra files, its from xenman register new in beta4)

anyhow here is the error.

libxl: error: libxl_device.c:274:libxl__device_disk_set_backend: Disk vdev=xvda failed to stat: /mnt/user/Xen/stacklet/Tret/Treflix-disk.raw: No such file or directory

do i have a bad raw disk?

EDIT: renamed the raw disk to img and it booted, vm is stuck in blocked mode. so i ssh'ed like the others and boom off to the races

I add Maraschino as a front end webpage and used the existing apache proxied hosts to add the apps to maraschino using /sickbeard, /sabnzbd, etc for the url and used this tutorial http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/showthread.php?tid=216 to help apache act as a proxy to the maraschino service.  I already have mysql server acting as my xbmc database but would like to add a headless version of gotham to act as a xbmc server.

I've gotten Maraschino installed and working.  I've got SABnzbd+, disk space all working, but i'm having a problem setting up Sickbeard and CouchPotato.

I've tried various hostname settings.  I don't even see any errors i the Maraschino logs!

Any ideas???

I've gotten Maraschino installed and working.  I've got SABnzbd+, disk space all working, but i'm having a problem setting up Sickbeard and CouchPotato.

I've tried various hostname settings.  I don't even see any errors i the Maraschino logs!

Any ideas???

This is how I have the sickbeard manager set up.  Where apps is the hostname I changed tretflix too. aqamynur.jpg

Under applications I have this

qurubute.jpg

You saved the day again.  Sab is setup and working.  CouchPotato is working too, but it looks like it's throwing a JSON exception.  Not sure if it's related to Maraschino or if it's just a bug within CouchPotato.

CouchPotato :: EXCEPTION -- No JSON object could be decoded: line 2 column 1 (char 1)

A bit of 'googling' shows that I'm not the only one with the problem.  Tret found it as well.