*DEPRECATED* Deluge BitTorrent Server & Client for unRAID 6.1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some clarification and understanding.

1.I read the script and i want to extract all slackware http and other http to my c:

Then changing all http to c:, can this be done.I know you place your script in gith. But the slackware remain in slackware.Hence, if slackware upgrade, the script having md5 and http cause issue.This is for those having a crash or fresh install.Is this the right way to do.

2.I also having another issue. I change user to root, I cannot delete the web.conf.

What I did was, change drive and format the current drive. That how I got my deluge to start.

But when all is good, knowing all runs well, I did a fresh install, it goes back to the same issue, I cannot get pass the password.

How to I delete web.conf if I set as root and not nobody.

Need some clarification and understanding.

1.I read the script and i want to extract all slackware http and other http to my c:

Then changing all http to c:, can this be done.I know you place your script in gith. But the slackware remain in slackware.Hence, if slackware upgrade, the script having md5 and http cause issue.This is for those having a crash or fresh install.Is this the right way to do.

2.I also having another issue. I change user to root, I cannot delete the web.conf.

What I did was, change drive and format the current drive. That how I got my deluge to start.

But when all is good, knowing all runs well, I did a fresh install, it goes back to the same issue, I cannot get pass the password.

How to I delete web.conf if I set as root and not nobody.

1. I had already hosted the dependencies on github in unRAID 6 repo but never got around to updating and they are probably outdated now.

2.I'll install this and update it.  I haven't ran it in a long time.  Most people moved to dockers so I just let it go.

• 5 weeks later...

I just installed the plugin from  github.com/archedraft/unRAID_5.0/raw/master/deluge.plg... it has an invalid link slackware.org.uk/people/alien/sbrepos/14.0/x86/libtorrent-rasterbar/libtorrent-rasterbar-0.16.15-i486-1alien.tgz

it is now ver 0.16.17

actually there are quite a few link errors

Yeah... I haven't been using unRAID 5.0 for some time now, so this is no longer maintained. I'll update my post saying that as well.

For those who want to use the Deamon App instead of the web page, here is how to do it :

Download deluge software from the web page, install it, start it.  Go in the Edit section, click on Preferences.  In the Interface section, uncheck "classic interface!". Put that on the side for the moment.

Install the plugins in unRAID, open the web page (http://tower:8112), log in using the default password (deluge), while you are there, change the default password for whatever you want.

In the Preferences, look into the daemon section, and tick "Allow Remote Connections". 

In CLI, copy and paste this : nano /mnt/<where you installed the deluge plugins>/.deluge/auth

You will see one line,  "localclient:5872546246321784623874234:10" (the string of numbers if different for every user)

username : localclient

password : 5872546246321784623874234

acces level : 10

If you want to add a custom username and password for sharing deluge account (for exemple), you can do it there.  There is a section on the deluge wiki that tells how (http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient#AddUsertotheauthenticationfile).  Read also on the acces level.

You will need to restart the deluge plugins to apply changes (i needed to restart two times to make deluge understand you allo remote deamon connection)

Now come back in the deluge software.  CTRL+M, click ADD ...

HOST : your unRAID ip

username : localclient

password : the string of numbers

Click ADD.

You can now use the Deluge on your Windows or linux box instead of the web page.  Easier to configure, and work with most of the plugins (like AutoADD)

(If someone want to make a better guide than me, go ahead)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your help.

is your version of deluge working with couchpotato? because i think i've tried everything but can't get it to work. i think i tried every combination of ip and port and added a user in the auth file like this "kodi:kodi:10" but all i get is the connection failed message.

then i check my logs but it's nothing there even with debug enabled. the deluge log also shows nothing.

thanks again

thanks for your help.

is your version of deluge working with couchpotato? because i think i've tried everything but can't get it to work. i think i tried every combination of ip and port and added a user in the auth file like this "kodi:kodi:10" but all i get is the connection failed message.

then i check my logs but it's nothing there even with debug enabled. the deluge log also shows nothing.

thanks again

I haven't tried. Did you look at smiro0's post a couple posts back for being able to connect to the daemon from outside unRAID? Also what version unRAID are you on?

• 4 weeks later...

Is this plugin still going?

I am running 6v14 and cannot get the service to start. All the settings are available in the plugins section.

Trying to launch the deamon in a terminal gives me this error:

/usr/bin/deluged: line 3: __requires__: command not found

/usr/bin/deluged: line 4: import: command not found

/usr/bin/deluged: line 5: from: command not found

/usr/bin/deluged: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

/usr/bin/deluged: line 8: `    sys.exit('

Any help would be appreciated!

Is this plugin still going?

I am running 6v14 and cannot get the service to start. All the settings are available in the plugins section.

Trying to launch the deamon in a terminal gives me this error:

/usr/bin/deluged: line 3: __requires__: command not found

/usr/bin/deluged: line 4: import: command not found

/usr/bin/deluged: line 5: from: command not found

/usr/bin/deluged: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

/usr/bin/deluged: line 8: `    sys.exit('

Any help would be appreciated!

I'll check it out. It looks like the deluge package didn't get downloaded and installed.

I'll check it out. It looks like the deluge package didn't get downloaded and installed.

Awesome and thank you! everything appeared to be installed and the plg worked get. I have all the settings options in plugin section.

Hopefully it isn't something with 6v14. =-\

Awesome and thank you! everything appeared to be installed and the plg worked get. I have all the settings options in plugin section.

Hopefully it isn't something with 6v14. =-\

I just installed it. And clicked start and everything worked. What user are you using and directory?

I just installed it. And clicked start and everything worked. What user are you using and directory?

i was on 6v14a. i downloaded 6v14b, updated unRAID, used your URL to install the plugin, everything came online just fine.

only other plugins i run are PS3MS and Dynamix GUI.

/shrug

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm trying to install deluge for 5.05.  I tried to run deluge.plg.  But encountered problem when installing libtorrent, file not found on the url.  I assume I can find and download the tgz file.  But libtorrent is nowhere to be found. 

How do I install this file to get deluge setup properly?

Hello, I'm trying to install deluge for 5.05.  I tried to run deluge.plg.  But encountered problem when installing libtorrent, file not found on the url.  I assume I can find and download the tgz file.  But libtorrent is nowhere to be found. 

How do I install this file to get deluge setup properly?

You could try this from the command line

cd /boot/packages
wget http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/libtorrent-rasterbar/pkg/14.0/libtorrent-rasterbar-0.16.17-i486-1alien.tgz
Installpkg /boot/packages/libtorrent-rasterbar-0.16.17-i486-1alien.tgz

I saw you forked the repo.  You could make a pull request with this file and md5. Or I'll update it later.

Thanks. I don't know how to do a fork though. Followed your wget instructions to get 0.16.17 of libtorrent installed.  Now, when I run installplg deluge.plg, it says missing the libtorrent 0.16.15 file.  Since I don't know how to do a fork at github, how do I tell it to bypass this since a newer version is already installed?  I suspect a lot of other dependencies will have the same problem during installation.

Thanks. I don't know how to do a fork though. Followed your wget instructions to get 0.16.17 of libtorrent installed.  Now, when I run installplg deluge.plg, it says missing the libtorrent 0.16.15 file.  Since I don't know how to do a fork at github, how do I tell it to bypass this since a newer version is already installed?  I suspect a lot of other dependencies will have the same problem during installation.

I'll check all the dependencies and put them on my github and update the plugin. Until then you can google each dependency and substitute the url

• 1 month later...

I just updated to 6.0rc1 from 6.0b14 and now deluge wont start, this is as much as I could pull from the start log:

Enabling Deluge Starting Deluge BitTorrent Client mv: cannot stat '/mnt/user/deluge/plugins/*.egg': No such file or directory unzip: cannot find or open /mnt/user/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip, /mnt/user/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip.zip or /mnt/user/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip.ZIP. No zipfiles found. rm: cannot remove '/mnt/user/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip': No such file or directory Starting Deluge BitTorrent Daemon: sudo -u nobody /usr/bin/deluged -c /mnt/user/deluge -l /mnt/user/deluge/deluged.log -P /var/run/deluged/deluged.pid

I tried removing and reinstalling all dependencies and the plugin itself but no effect, I tried even clearing the config files and letting them repopulate but no effect. Any ideas? I have never used any plugins so I don't know why its expecting any.

EDIT: i tried putting in a random webui enabled plugin but no effect, there are additional texts that flow past on the bottom of the screen but too fast for me to capture, any idea where I could find the logs for additional info?

EDIT2: Output for running deluge manually:

root@Tower:/boot/packages# /usr/bin/deluge-web -c /mnt/user/deluge -p 8112 -f

/usr/bin/deluge-web: line 3: __requires__: command not found

/usr/bin/deluge-web: line 4: import: command not found

/usr/bin/deluge-web: line 5: from: command not found

/usr/bin/deluge-web: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

/usr/bin/deluge-web: line 8: `    sys.exit('

Is something wrong with my python install? This only happened after i re-installed python before i was just getting 'bad interpreter'

I think python was removed from unRAID now. I'll have to update it later but until then you can install a python package manually.

I don't think thats the issue or something else is going on, please review my results:

root@Tower:/boot/packages# installpkg python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz

Verifying package python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz.

Installing package python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

# python (object-oriented interpreted programming language)

#

# Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming

# language that combines remarkable power with very clear syntax.

# Python's basic power can be extended with your own modules written in

# C or C++.  Python is also adaptable as an extension language for

# existing applications.

#

Executing install script for python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz.

Package python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz installed.

root@Tower:/boot/packages# /usr/bin/env python -v

/usr/bin/python: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file

root@Tower:/boot/packages# python -v

-bash: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file

EDIT: Please excuse my oversight, I forgot that unraid doesn't have 32bit libs installed, I installed the 64bit version of python and now deluge works. For those who are having this issue you can install the package provided here: http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/python-2.7.5-x86_64-1.txz

I think python was removed from unRAID now. I'll have to update it later but until then you can install a python package manually.

I don't think thats the issue or something else is going on, please review my results:

root@Tower:/boot/packages# installpkg python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz

Verifying package python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz.

Installing package python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

# python (object-oriented interpreted programming language)

#

# Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming

# language that combines remarkable power with very clear syntax.

# Python's basic power can be extended with your own modules written in

# C or C++.  Python is also adaptable as an extension language for

# existing applications.

#

Executing install script for python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz.

Package python-2.7.3-i486-2.txz installed.

root@Tower:/boot/packages# /usr/bin/env python -v

/usr/bin/python: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file

root@Tower:/boot/packages# python -v

-bash: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file

EDIT: Please excuse my oversight, I forgot that unraid doesn't have 32bit libs installed, I installed the 64bit version of python and now deluge works. For those who are having this issue you can install the package provided here: http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/python-2.7.5-x86_64-1.txz

If you put it in /boot/extra it will be automatically installed on boot.