*DEPRECATED* Deluge BitTorrent Server & Client for unRAID 6.1

Yeah, thanks.

I found this page:

http://ram.kossboss.com/btrfs-disabling-cow-file-directory-nodatacow/

but unfortunately recursive didn't seem to work.  I checked with lsattr -d and CoW is now disabled on my downloads folder though.  I'll see what happens with future torrents.  Do you think that chattr +C will survive a reboot?  I'm thinking yes?

The reason this fragmentation matters so much is that I was only able to copy files from the downloads folder at between about 5 and 15 MB/sec (it varied depending on how fragmented each part of the file was).  This made moving from the cache to the array or another computer take forever.  But more importantly, if I wanted to backup directly to a BDR I was getting constant buffer underuns when burning across the network to BDR because the HD couldn't keep up.  The drive can read data at over 100 MB/s so it was bottleneck.

Best,

craigr

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes recursive won't work. It will survive a reboot.  The only way to turn off cow on existing files is to stop deluge then move the contents out of the folder then copy them back. It might be easier to copy all the contents of the cache drive to the array then reformat to xfs and copy them back. That's if you don't need cow on the cache drive.

Well darn.  Disabling COW didn't help at all :(

I may have to just try XFS for the cache drive and see if it helps.

I guess I can just put another drive in place for the cache, format it XFS, setup Deluge, download one torrent, and then see if the torrent is fragmented or not...

Oh well,

craigr

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i'm having a little problem with the queue,

It can only download 6/7 torrents at a time and puts the rest in a queue. In the settings I set the total active to 200 but it still puts torrents in the queue. I'm using third party apps to auto download some stuff, could this be the problem? I tried restarting deluge and restarting unraid but it doesn't seem to help.

What could be the problem?

• 1 month later...

im running unraid 6, and deluge installs and runs fine. but once i reboot my server it fails to start, and i have to clean app and reinstall plugin to get it to start again...

any ideas?

Use a docker

i dont want to bandaid the issue, i want to fix it

Continuing to use plugins is the bandaid.

im running unraid 6, and deluge installs and runs fine. but once i reboot my server it fails to start, and i have to clean app and reinstall plugin to get it to start again...

any ideas?

Use a docker

What he means is to use a docker container instead of this plugin. This plugin is pretty much depreciated and if your on 6.0 it won't work.

any ideas?

Use a docker

What he means is to use a docker container instead of this plugin. This plugin is pretty much depreciated and if your on 6.0 it won't work.

im running the latest unraid 6.1.9 i beleive?

any ideas?

Use a docker

im running the latest unraid 6.1.9 i beleive?

I'll look into it. Its probably permissions on the scripts. But like he said I would try docker that's what I use now. There are certain deluge plugins that just won't work correctly with this plugin because of the temp filesystem and the deluge package is a few versions behind.

• 3 weeks later...

No not yet. Python 2.7.9 doesn't work with 6.2. It needs 2.7.11 and probably have to update some of the other packages. I'll try and update it later this week.

Excellent!

Thank you so much!

craigr

Sorry I tried to get this to work with 6.2 but couldn't. I can't remember the error I was getting but it wouldn't work.

Oh nooooooooo!

That's so sad.  I really really really want to keep using it.

Thanks for your efforts though.

Where would a total noob like me start to learn how to fix this to work with 6.2?  I am nearly clueless with programming

Thanks,

craigr

The programming part works fine in 6.2. It's the packages that need to be updated to slackware current. So if you look in the deluged.plg you can change all the packages and md5 to match. Just Google slackware64 current for packages. Ponce.cc is good for these obscure packages.  The commands to run deluged and deluge-web are in /usr/local/emhttp/deluged/scripts/start

What I was doing to test was running a vm of 6.2 then manually installing all the packages and trying to get it to run. I believe the error I was getting was something about sessions and maybe authorization problems. I believe deluged needs to be compiled under 6.2 to get it to work.

Also there's a sessions problem that is in both versions. Deluge expects the OS to have users with home directories. You can give a user a home directory on the cache drive but I still couldn't get things to work right. It's the reason third party deluge plugins won't work right and I had to unzip all the included egg files to get them working.

Maybe phaze wants to tackle it.

• 3 months later...

I hate to ask, but is there any chance of a fix now that Transmission is working under 6.2.  I think I follow most of your advice, but it's all new to me so I am sure a steep learning curve.  I've got a two year old and a baby and work full time so it leaves me little to learn at the moment... sigh, it wasn't long ago that I would have loved the challenge.

If not I may give it a shot.

Thanks for all your work and support on this.

Best,

craigr