*DEPRECATED* Deluge BitTorrent Server & Client for unRAID 6.1

I am glad to see that I am not crazy!  ;D I appreciate you taking the time to look into that. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks for helping me debug this too. You can just Update PLG from the plugin web page to 1.3.1 and I think it should work for you. But it might break the deluge plugins for users not created with the unRAID webui. When you log in make sure you can enable and disable the deluge plugins in preferences. ie scheduler

It will still work for nobody, root and any user created within the webui

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just updated and it does let me run as admin now! Although it does break the plugins. When I was running as root I could enable most of them and now it only lets me enable a few.

you can create a folder /home/admin

then chown -R admin:users /home/admin

then restart deluge

and that should fix the plugins or

you can change the home folder of admin to "/"

I'll try to fix it in the plugin later

nobody = Deluge will start but plugins will not start

I created a new user without a password

newuser1 = Deluge will start but plugins will not start

I created a new user with a password

newuser2 = Deluge will start but plugins will not start

the admin user does have a password

Here are the contents of passwd

root:x:0:0:Console and webGui login account:/root:/bin/bash

bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/bin/false

daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/bin/false

adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/log:/bin/false

lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/bin/false

mail:x:8:12:mail:/:/bin/false

news:x:9:13:news:/usr/lib/news:/bin/false

uucp:x:10:14:uucp:/var/spool/uucppublic:/bin/false

ftp:x:14:50::/home/ftp:/bin/false

smmsp:x:25:25:smmsp:/var/spool/clientmqueue:/bin/false

mysql:x:27:27:MySQL:/var/lib/mysql:/bin/false

rpc:x:32:32:RPC portmap user:/:/bin/false

sshd:x:33:33:sshd:/:/bin/false

gdm:x:42:42:GDM:/var/state/gdm:/bin/false

avahi:x:61:214:Avahi Daemon User:/dev/null:/bin/false

avahi-autoipd:x:62:62:Avahi AutoIP Daemon User:/dev/null:/bin/false

messagebus:x:81:81::/dev/null:/bin/false

pop:x:90:90:POP:/:/bin/false

nobody:x:99:100:nobody:/:/bin/false

unraid-plex:x:999:100::/home/unraid-plex:/sbin/nologin

admin:x:1000:100:admin:/:/bin/false

newuser1:x:1001:100::/:/bin/false

newuser2:x:1002:100::/:/bin/false

If it matters my root account on my test server did not have a password.

I just give root a password and Deluge will start but will not connect to the will not connect to the connection manager anymore. Also, now none of my accounts will connect to the connection manager anymore?

EDIT:

Ok I got deluge to connect to the connection manager again. I just deleted all the deluge data and started fresh. root is still the only user that can enable plugins.

I just tried manually doing the following:

create a folder /home/admin (The folder was already created, I am assuming from your new commands)

then chown -R admin:users /home/admin

then restart deluge

Now admin can enable plugins. Maybe the plugin is not issuing "chown -R admin:user /home/admin" properly?

It uses that exact command. The user that deluge is run under needs to be able to create a temporary folder in their home folder for python egg files.  Nobody and any user without a home folder use "/" .  I might need to apply something else to the folder also.

How did you create the admin user or the new users? I see they have no home or shell. If you used useradd did you use -r. I noticed I couldn't get deluge to work without -r , -- system when manually creating a user.

The only way I could fix it for now so you could use another user other than root & nobody was to unzip the deluge plugin egg files into their corresponding directories within /usr/lib64/python.../deluge/plugins.  To get it to work on 5 you'll need to edit the line towards the end of the plg file to /usr/lib/python.../deluge/plugins or whatever the path is for 5. Sorry I don't remember the exact path but you'll see it. It's a big long path.

I changed the lib64 to lib. When I start Deluge on and go the preferences: plugins section, there are no plugins shown. da7643319597406.jpg

This is what I see when I manually try to install deluge:

/bin/bash /tmp/deluge-install ... mv: cannot stat `/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/*.egg': No such file or directory
/tmp/deluge-install: line 14: unzip: command not found
rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip': No such file or directory

I am guessing that unRAID 5.0 doesn't have unzip installed? If that is correct, do you happen to know which pkg unRAID 6 uses?

I did install "infozip" and I get this now: (but still no plugins shown)

/bin/bash /tmp/deluge-install ... mv: cannot stat `/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/*.egg': No such file or directory
unzip:  cannot find or open /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip, /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip.zip or /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip.ZIP.

No zipfiles found.
rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/*.egg.zip': No such file or directory

Did you get it working.  It should take the .egg files rename them to .egg.zip then unzip them into their .egg directories and remove the .egg.zip files. So in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins you should have 8 directories now, AutoAdd-1.04-py2.7.egg, Blocklist-1.2-py2.7.egg ...etc

You might cd /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins and see whats in there.  Maybe delete whats in there and run installpkg /boot/packages/deluge-1.3.6-i486-1sl.txz then try installplg again.  I added unzip -q but without it you should see a long list of what was unzipped.

No I haven't gotten it to work but I've not had the time to mess around with it yet. The deluge pkg does show that the plugins go in the same folder you specified. If I telnet into unRAID I can see that the same path exists but for some reason the egg or zip files are not in that folder like they are in unRAID 6? I've gotten the same results on my main and test server so I'm not sure what the issue is. Tomorrow I'll try deleting what's in the folder and reinstall the deluge file and see if the egg files go into that folder.

I should note that the plugins did show up before you added the new lines about zipping the egg files on unRAID 5 but I had to be logged into root to enable them. Now they are completely gone.

I believe that I am getting closer. I changed the unzip command to gunzip and get this:

/bin/bash /tmp/deluge-install ... gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.04-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.04-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Blocklist-1.2-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Blocklist-1.2-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Execute-1.2-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Execute-1.2-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Extractor-0.2-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Extractor-0.2-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Label-0.2-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Label-0.2-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.1-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.1-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/WebUi-0.1-py2.7.egg.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
gzip: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/plugins/WebUi-0.1-py2.7.egg.gz: No such file or directory

I am googling now but let me know if you know what that means!