*DEPRECATED* Deluge BitTorrent Server & Client for unRAID 6.1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success! I ended up just adding a zip package to the .plg (adding the .gz didn't seem to work for gunzip but I probably did not included an appropriate flag?), but it just seemed easier on my part to add a zip package.

So good news is that Deluge is now running on unRAID 5 as user "admin" and I can enable plugins. Now to test Deluge and see if anything weird happens. Have you run into any issues/limitations with Deluge on unRAID 6?

PS. Thank you again for all your help! I have learned a boat load of stuff about slackware.

No problems with it but I use transmission more than deluge because of the integration with other apps.  It has a ton of options and features and works great. Every torrent I've used it for downloaded fine. Still have to play with the plugins. I use it in a ubuntu vm though.

thanks anyway for your work ;) in free time i try compile all packages under slackware 13.1 (which use unraid 5.0) i still have working environment for compiling for unraid 5 so no problem.

Is it very difficult to compile packages? If it isn't to bad, do you happen to know of any good guides to start compiling packages?

Thank you so much for this plugin! You saved me big time!

I am running Deluge on unRAID 5. I am trying to get GTK UI running from my Laptop to be able to change the settings of the AutoAdd plugin for Deluge. I am forwarding the port on my router but I am failing to connect to the daemon. My this be related to this plugin?

V.5.0.5 and trying with the .plg from post 3.

Trying to install, and everything looking good untill the last part of the install. I get this:

Warning: unlink(/boot/packages/pyOpenSSL-0.13-i486-1ponce.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

I also see inside the .plg file that the install dir is usr/local/deluge but this dir is not made during the install..

Soo... hoping someone could guide me on the way here. Really looking forward to getting a torrent client om my server :)

V.5.0.5 and trying with the .plg from post 3.

Trying to install, and everything looking good untill the last part of the install. I get this:

Warning: unlink(/boot/packages/pyOpenSSL-0.13-i486-1ponce.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

I also see inside the .plg file that the install dir is usr/local/deluge but this dir is not made during the install..

Soo... hoping someone could guide me on the way here. Really looking forward to getting a torrent client om my server :)

Change the MD5 in the plg file of pyOpenSSL from

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/pyOpenSSL-0.13-i486-1ponce.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">
<URL>http://ponce.cc/slackware/slackware-14.0/packages/pyOpenSSL-0.13-i486-1ponce.txz</URL>
<MD5>f12cd3d535f40b2aff617ea9965e92aa</MD5>
</FILE>

to

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/pyOpenSSL-0.13-i486-1ponce.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">
<URL>http://ponce.cc/slackware/slackware-14.0/packages/pyOpenSSL-0.13-i486-1ponce.txz</URL>
<MD5>b66f641675c3231c8c33369602868e7e</MD5>
</FILE>

then reinstall plugin

I did not change the port and they match. This can't be the issue. Maybe it is caused by my router. I set up a port forwarding on it (see attachment). What else could be the issue?

The other issue I am facing is that when I install the deluge plugin, all of my drives show up as unformatted. I have a separate thread about this here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=32948.0 It would be nice if you could help me get my system running again!

Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2014-04-20_at_23_45_35.png.4bbd881d6d6db1133c2bab0e93b596f3.png

OK, I can offer some suggestions.

1. As DaleWilliams said in your other post, you are running multiple versions of Python (2.6 and 2.7) which is what I would guess is causing the issues. As of right now I would remove the Deluge.plg and see if that fixes the issue.

2. If you put all your plugings (.plg) files in a dropbox link I can look through each of the plugins you are using and get you started on which ones are causing the issues.

3. The port you are forwarding in your picture is the Daemon Port which is not what you want to forward in your router. You should have incoming and outgoing ports in the preference that both need to be set to something like (51000 but it can be anything (although I wouldn't use the same port as the Daemon Port)) and then you can edit your router forwarding settings, but this needs to be done after you fixed your drives show up as unformatted.

It is fairly likely that you have another plugin that is installing one version of Python and Deluge installing another version of Python. Are you running SB or CP? Both of those plugins use Python. It could also be that the older version of Python was installed by a plugin that you no longer use.

Can someone help me get going? I have Deluge running and I am migrating my torrents over now. However, I just tried to test download something and it wasn't doing anything. There are a lot more options here than Transmission. I also cannot get the port forwarding script from http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19439.msg240209#msg240209 to work with deluge instead of transmission. What are you guys' settings?

• 3 weeks later...

It's better in the sense that it has a lot more options.  But if all you need is a simple torrent program then transmission works fine and has better support with other apps.  Although that is changing.  I currently use deluge in a vm with sickbeard tvrage edition.  It supports torrents and deluge.  With deluge I can set labels like tv_shows or movies and have them processed differently. There's a lot of plugins and options.