Margarita 1.7 - Native macOS Monitoring App and Share Automounts

VERY interested in this (and the subsequent iOS apps :) ).

+1 on the current network stat feature request. Maybe eventually allot you to hover and get a small pop-up showing currently connected IPs. Would want it to be unobtrusive though.

Parity check info/graphic: last successful w/ time, in progress (with % and ETA) and change the menu bar icon while check is running, Start/Cancel Parity check

How frequently are stats polled?

VERY interested in this (and the subsequent iOS apps :) ).

+1 on the current network stat feature request. Maybe eventually allot you to hover and get a small pop-up showing currently connected IPs. Would want it to be unobtrusive though.

Parity check info/graphic: last successful w/ time, in progress (with % and ETA) and change the menu bar icon while check is running, Start/Cancel Parity check

How frequently are stats polled?

Thanks for the post! There might be that stuff added later, but for now I'm going to keep things nice and simple.

Stats are polled every 60 seconds, though I might make that editable.

I think some of things people are asking for risk turning the app from a quick reference tool of the server into a full blown replacement for the webgui.

Yep! I'll fit in whatever makes sense as I don't want this app to be cluttered. Parity sync progress makes sense. Connected network IP's and stats, I don't see that ever making it to the app.

That app is a good idea but you are limiting yourself to only Mac Users. I think a similar Firefox Plugin would be also good (reminds me of Nagios Checker) and OS independent. I have no idea about Browser Plugins though, I'm also an Objective-C / Xcode guy.

Are you connecting to the WebInterface to do the polling or directly to the server using telnet / ssh?

That app is a good idea but you are limiting yourself to only Mac Users. I think a similar Firefox Plugin would be also good (reminds me of Nagios Checker) and OS independent. I have no idea about Browser Plugins though, I'm also an Objective-C / Xcode guy.

Are you connecting to the WebInterface to do the polling or directly to the server using telnet / ssh?

Thanks for the comment! I'd rather not limit myself to Firefox users either  ;-)

I'm writing a native OS X App because:

• I want to make something sexy

• The code is relatively easy to port to iOS

• I want it accessible anywhere, without the need for a browser

• Cocoa is relatively lightweight, asynchronous and powerful, with ties to notification centre and other useful API's

I'm connecting in special ways that are fast  :-)

Well I was just wondering if you need to set up a special user account to work with your App and if the password is being send over the network without encryption. Or if you need to install additional packages like snmp.

And I agree on Cocoa being sexy :) At work I mostly have to deal with Java... but if you ever used Xcode you never want to go back to Eclipse.

Well I was just wondering if you need to set up a special user account to work with your App and if the password is being send over the network without encryption. Or if you need to install additional packages like snmp.

And I agree on Cocoa being sexy :) At work I mostly have to deal with Java... but if you ever used Xcode you never want to go back to Eclipse.

Works out of the box! If you have a password set via the webGUI, the app will require a password to be set up before the it can connect.

Due to the fact unRAID does not use SSL, the credentials would be sent 'non securely' across the network via http. This is the same behaviour the browser would use if you authenticated to the webGUI. Without SSL on the server side, there is nothing more I could do here without adding a huge amount of complexity.

Thanks for the comment! I'd rather not limit myself to Firefox users either  ;-)

I'm writing a native OS X App because:

• The code is relatively easy to port to iOS

• I want it accessible anywhere, without the need for a browser

• Cocoa is relatively lightweight, asynchronous and powerful, with ties to notification centre and other useful API's

I'm connecting in special ways that are fast  :-)

and one more time

I WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING SEXY

Off topic but a little disappointed by the number of hackintoshes I see mentioned in here. Apple doesn't charge for OS X any more so all the money they make is from selling that hardware. If you're going to steal the OS at least buy a Mac Mini or something.

Almost there - I just need a couple of beta testers. My requirements are:

• Arrays larger than 6 drives

• Running 10.8, and 10.9

• unRAID 5+

Please PM me if your setup matches the details above, with an email address so I can contact you. Please do not be angry if I do not choose you, you'll get to use the app soon anyway.

Cheers!