Margarita 1.7 - Native macOS Monitoring App and Share Automounts

Just a quick progress update! There is progress being made, and we're into the second round of beta testing. Latest release notes below:

Features Added:

• Detection of parity check, added percent complete in array status window

• Shut down and restart server in menu item (only available if array is stopped)

• Warning before turning off array, shutting down, or restarting server.

• Auto-resize of window based on amount of disks /shares present. This will max out at 10 disks / shares, at this point you will need to scroll further.

• Cache drive appears after Parity in Disks view

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed icon colour preference checkbox

• Connecting view is more stateful

• Now you cannot select tabs while in edit server or preferences view

• Misc reliability improvements, and removal of debug code

Hi

I have a 11 drive main server and a 4 drive backup server. I am willing to beta but will I point the app to one server or the other can I run the app twice one for each server?

P.s. Main is on 5.0.5 other is on 6beta3 waiting on some changes to plugins prior to going 6beta4

Thank you

Thornwood

Installed it. Excellent!

Let me be the first with a 'stoopid user' support question!

My unRAID is up and stable and has no errors.

Margarita reports all is well. Excellent so far!

The icon in the toolbar is a white on black icon.

What happens if something happens to the unRAID?

(temperature, write error, etc.) Does the little icon Turn Red? Flash? Ring Bells? Etc.?

Of do I need to keep clicking on it to check status?

( I know, I could just RTFM, but what would be the fun of that?)

Installed it. Excellent!

Let me be the first with a 'stoopid user' support question!

My unRAID is up and stable and has no errors.

Margarita reports all is well. Excellent so far!

The icon in the toolbar is a white on black icon.

What happens if something happens to the unRAID?

(temperature, write error, etc.) Does the little icon Turn Red? Flash? Ring Bells? Etc.?

Of do I need to keep clicking on it to check status?

( I know, I could just RTFM, but what would be the fun of that?)

Fantastic! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

The app sends OS X Notification Center notifications when something goes wrong. The next version will have coloured icons, alongside a few other small improvements.

Cheers!

Is there a specific port Margarita talks on, so that I can set port forwarding and dyndns this way any alerts on my server is relayed to me even if I am not in my local network?

Port 80. It works the way it does because you don't have to install a helper app to get it working  :)  I wouldn't recommend opening your webGUI up to the internet.

Is there a specific port Margarita talks on, so that I can set port forwarding and dyndns this way any alerts on my server is relayed to me even if I am not in my local network?

Port 80. It works the way it does because you don't have to install a helper app to get it working  :)  I wouldn't recommend opening your webGUI up to the internet.

Seconded! DO NOT OPEN YOUR WEBGUI TO THE OUTSIDE INTERNET!!

Right, I agree to not do that, so I did not know if it maybe had a helper app on another port that would make that possible. 

Port 80 brought up a secondary question for me.  I actually have my unraid on port 90 for example because my Plexconnect requires the use of port 80.  Will this create problems with my ability to use Margarita?  Is there a possible configuration to change the port to port 90?  I had to change the Unraid port in the config per instructions for Plexconnect.

There is no option nor capability of changing the port of plexconnect, because if it does not use port 80, then plexconnect is futile to have.  The reason being that it would stop working with the AppleTV that uses port 80 to search for trailers, and well plexconnect's sole function is to be able to work with the Apple TV, so that is impossible to do.

is there a capability for multiple servers? I have 2 I would like to monitor

I have built the data model, gathering logic and GUI around the potential for having multiple servers. This is pegged for a later release, however it wasn't on the list for 1.0.

Cheers!

No worries, i'll just log in for each until the future release!!

Nice, just bought the app, very pleased with it. But... i do have some comments:

- the overall font size is a bit large. Maybe add a setting in the preferences for small, normal and large fonts?

- after selecting 'spin up disks' the app shows 'error connecting' (nice cloud pic ;) ) after a few seconds (i think the time it takes to spin up) it returns normally and shows the status

*edit* removed autosize remark, i didnt see it at first. Also removed the not mounted question. Even though i dont think the fact a share is mounted or not should be shown in the app, but its ok.

Nice, just bought the app, very pleased with it. But... i do have some comments:

- the overall font size is a bit large. Maybe add a setting in the preferences for small, normal and large fonts?

- after selecting 'spin up disks' the app shows 'error connecting' (nice cloud pic ;) ) after a few seconds (i think the time it takes to spin up) it returns normally and shows the status

*edit* removed autosize remark, i didnt see it at first. Also removed the not mounted question. Even though i dont think the fact a share is mounted or not should be shown in the app, but its ok.

Hi! Thanks for the comments. I'll fix the spin up / down issue in the next release.

Even though i dont think the fact a share is mounted or not should be shown in the app, but its ok.

What would you prefer to see?

Having trouble getting it to connect. Just gets stuck at "connecting...". Web GUI opens quickly. Rebooted both and still no luck. Where to start troubleshooting this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi! Please PM me with further details of your setup. Eg, OS version, unRAID version, connection details. It should revert to 'Connection Failed' after 5 seconds if there is no reply from the server.

Thanks.