Margarita 1.7 - Native macOS Monitoring App and Share Automounts

Can you try: ip.of.your.server:90

If that doesn't work, I'll release a new version with the ability to change the port.

Cheers!

This worked great, did my.ip.address:90 and it worked. 

One thing I would suggest is that available size on disks is per TB, so even if only 50GB are taken on a 2TB drive it says it has 1tb free, i guess it does not specify to decimal places.  Not sure if that is something that will be coming?

Can you try: ip.of.your.server:90

If that doesn't work, I'll release a new version with the ability to change the port.

Cheers!

This worked great, did my.ip.address:90 and it worked. 

One thing I would suggest is that available size on disks is per TB, so even if only 50GB are taken on a 2TB drive it says it has 1tb free, i guess it does not specify to decimal places.  Not sure if that is something that will be coming?

Thanks for the heads up, that will be fixed in the next release.

Even though i dont think the fact a share is mounted or not should be shown in the app, but its ok.

What would you prefer to see?

I don't think whether a share is mounted on osx or anywhere else is of any added value for this app. I would like to see unraid specific info on the share, e.g. is it shared over nfs, afp, smb, all? Which disks does it span? What is the split level and allocation method? Maybe even how much data is allocated by the share.

Even though i dont think the fact a share is mounted or not should be shown in the app, but its ok.

What would you prefer to see?

I don't think whether a share is mounted on osx or anywhere else is of any added value for this app. I would like to see unraid specific info on the share, e.g. is it shared over nfs, afp, smb, all? Which disks does it span? What is the split level and allocation method? Maybe even how much data is allocated by the share.

Thanks for the suggestions, will keep it in mind for a future release. Initially I was going to integrate 'auto mount' feature into the app, a replacement for my auto mount script. However, due to to Apple Sandbox, it's wasn't possible. I never went further than checking to see if they were mounted.

Maybe don't even try to stuff all sorts of info in the app, the minimalistic, clean approach is a good one, only show some basic stuff :) before you know it you've rebuilt simplefeatures as an app ;)

Precisely, I want to keep it as simple (but useful) as possible. The overall goal is to have feature parity between an iOS and Mac app.

Maybe don't even try to stuff all sorts of info in the app, the minimalistic, clean approach is a good one, only show some basic stuff :) before you know it you've rebuilt simplefeatures as an app ;)

Precisely, I want to keep it as simple (but useful) as possible. The overall goal is to have feature parity between an iOS and Mac app.

I second this,  while it's great that we are able to interact with the developer and are able to suggest things. To me it was getting out of hand all the information that people wanted.

I think this version should be light and the price point set to reflect that. 

If you want more detail and more options because your needs are more than a casual user.  then spending_ant could make it a pro version with all the bell and whistles. The price point would be set so he can make money and spend more time in development.

Just saying ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think feature wise you've got pretty much all you need. The web GUI should be used if you need more information. Maybe something like clicking the array pie graph in the first tab to open the web GUI in your default browser could be a happy compromise.

I B happy and thankful.  ;D

Count me as a satisfied customer.

speeding_ant, might i suggest you think about a free version for those who are running just the 2D+P free version of unRAID?

[me=DaleWilliams]removes his marketing hat and putters off to do real work...[/me]

Honestly, as much as I'd love to in a perfect world, I don't think that will happen. Even though the application only took me two weeks to complete, there was still at least 50 hours of development time lovingly hand crafting and coding the UI switches, interface design and polishing, business logic and conceptual design that has gone into the app. Not to mention support and potential feature additions for the future, dealing with Apple, and so on.

So far I've calculated my hourly rate to be less than $1 USD.

This is not a complaint (seriously) as I've thoroughly enjoyed making it, and it's certainly not my only source of income. Just to know some people are using it makes me happy. The sad state is that the App world is a race to the bottom, and I think $5 is quite cheap if you like what you see  :)

No problem...I don't have any idea how much labor is involved to make a limited version.

Any mac user who tries it with the free unRAID will like Margarita...and when they upgrade to a plus/pro key, they would buy the Margarita upgrade. :)

In any case, I recommend it. I check it a couple of times a day...saves me opening web pages (much as I like Dynamix. :).

Any mac user who tries it with the free unRAID will like Margarita...and when they upgrade to a plus/pro key, they would buy the Margarita upgrade. :)

More likely they would just keep using the free version. The reason there is a free version of unraid is because the cheapest paid version is $69 dollars. That's a high price. If you can't afford to potentially eat the $5 cost if you end up not going with unraid then you've got bigger money problems and probably shouldn't be spending your money a home data storage sever.