Margarita 1.7 - Native macOS Monitoring App and Share Automounts

Not sure if this post will be useful, I don't have any logs. I used Margarita to reboot my server. The server hung and crashed Margarita. Couldn't get the app to launch until I did a hard reboot on the server. If there are any logs of use i"ll be glad to post them. Just point me in the right direction.

Thanks - if it crashed the log should be here: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• 3 weeks later...

@speeding_ant

I have an unrelated/related situation I need your input on.

As you know I have used the script forever and switched to Sierra and Margarita mounting. I have 2 shares I mount on all devices, "Libraries" and "unRaid". Since I had that stale mount issue we discussed earlier, my "Libraries" share has been double/duplicate mounting. It was also that share that was stale.

Things I have done and checked:

- deleted all script files and folders

- used AppCleaner to remove Margarita and reinstalled (all files, folders, and nz.co.pixeleyes files)

- I am only exporting SMB

I do not think it is Margarita doing it, I just need some direction on where I can look to see what is mounting it. It's almost like "Finder/Connect To Server" is remembering to do it itself. I have attached screenshots of mounts and Margarita's container folder you directed me to last time.

Thanks ahead, any input greatly appreciated.

Screen_Shot_2016-10-13_at_8_00.24_AM.png.6e6c3d334a19e16090bac4d39d71fabe.png

Screen_Shot_2016-10-13_at_8_07.50_AM.png.950c732489f020bf60db06b9d097b17b.png

Says mounted by Mini, that is the name of this Mac Mini

Last login: Sat Oct 15 18:32:04 on console
Mac-Mini:~ Mini$ mount
/dev/disk1 on / (hfs, local, journaled)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)
map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)
map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted, nobrowse)
/dev/disk2s2 on /Volumes/Time Machine (hfs, local, nodev, nosuid, journaled)
//[email protected]/Libraries on /Volumes/Libraries (smbfs, nodev, nosuid, mounted by Mini)
Mac-Mini:~ Mini$ 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@speeding_ant I am using the tool to automount a couple of shares upon reboot of my iMac and one of the most important share is for iTunes.

However I am afraid that Margarita is continuously messing up the path to my music files. Give you 2 examples:

/Users/user_1/Library/Containers/nz.co.pixeleyes.Margarita/Data/Library/Application Support/Margarita/Mounts/4BEBE205-5058-424A-85D4-15F3E9C75FFA/iTunes/Fleetwood Mac/Mystery to Me/01 Emerald Eyes.aiff

/Volumes/iTunes/Music/Fleetwood Mac/Rumours/02 Dreams.aif

So some music files are linked to /Volumes/iTunes/Music.... and others to /Containers etc.

Is there any trick to make the path permanent? Thanks

@speeding_ant I am using the tool to automount a couple of shares upon reboot of my iMac and one of the most important share is for iTunes.

However I am afraid that Margarita is continuously messing up the path to my music files. Give you 2 examples:

/Users/user_1/Library/Containers/nz.co.pixeleyes.Margarita/Data/Library/Application Support/Margarita/Mounts/4BEBE205-5058-424A-85D4-15F3E9C75FFA/iTunes/Fleetwood Mac/Mystery to Me/01 Emerald Eyes.aiff

/Volumes/iTunes/Music/Fleetwood Mac/Rumours/02 Dreams.aif

So some music files are linked to /Volumes/iTunes/Music.... and others to /Containers etc.

Is there any trick to make the path permanent? Thanks

Not sure if my situation was the same but my mac would sometimes mount my shares with my array name

/unRaid/Libraries/iTunes/........

And sometimes with the array IP

192.168.1.3/Libraries/iTunes

Depending what app or script mounted first.

But in both instances iTunes picked up on the path change. I'm thinking it doesn't matter as long as it the same .itl library file being grabbed by iTunes, iTunes figures it out. I have noticed this and went do a "get info" on a few files on each mount scenario and iTunes actually changed the file path name depending on the mount scenario.

Again, not sure if this is the same thing you're seeing, this is what happens in my setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks rmeaux I am not sure either.

The library files are residing on individual Mac devices so that everyone can define his/her individual ratings, playlist, etc.

Only the music files are on the iTunes unRAID share and from time to time iTunes doesn't find the files so that I have to correct it manually. This is annoying and very time consuming. It is important that the path that is defined under iTunes settings is not continuously changing!

Thanks rmeaux I am not sure either.

The library files are residing on individual Mac devices so that everyone can define his/her individual ratings, playlist, etc.

Only the music files are on the iTunes unRAID share and from time to time iTunes doesn't find the files so that I have to correct it manually. This is annoying and very time consuming. It is important that the path that is defined under iTunes settings is not continuously changing!

Yeah that's a little different than my environment's setup.

I have a Mac mini on living room tv that is the iTunes boss and always on. All files are imported/maintained from that machine. The library is then shared and I also have Plex pointed to my iTunes Media folders.

Each bedroom either has an Apple TV 2/3 which can see the library or an Apple TV 4 which can see library or run Plex App.

When I ran multiple iTunes libraries and/or multiple people using same library, it would corrupt the iTunes temp files and make it freak out and render it a useless library file. Again only my experience. Take it for what it's worth.

I had used Ant'a iTunes mount script for years until this app and margarita came out with auto mounting. OSX Sierra through a wrench in my system with the new mounting protocols.

I also see you mentioned a music file in your question. Since we as a family moved over to iTunes Match and a family Apple Music subscription, a lot of headaches disappeared. Now I only have to keep track of movies and Tv shows.

Same here (though with spotify). Itunes music librarys and syncing was a major pain.. Love apple.. hate itunes..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2017 at 4:23 PM, speeding_ant said:

Just letting everyone know - I will be updating Margarita with support for the new security features within the next few weeks.

Hi - when you do the update, could you also look into this error? Since upgrading (I think it was to 6.3) we are seeing these errors in our logs every minute (MacOS Margarita) or sporadically (MargaritaToGo). I'm not sure if its something you can fix or if it's on the unRAID side.

Related thread:

Reply to Error in log every minute               

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 3.14.28 PM.png

Edited by BrianAz