Question about upgrade 4.7 to 5.x and files on cache drive

Hi i would like to upgrade my server to the latest 5.x version.

I still have a lot of files in a hidden folder on the cache drive.

after I upgrade to 5.x can i still access the hidden folder and move the files i want to keep to the protected shares?

or will the be deleted or will i get like permission problems or something?

i only want to keep a small part of the files but it will take some time to sort them out so i prefer to keep them on the cache drive if hassle free

thanks

Should move over fine. Nothing changes in the file directories, etc.

Might need to run the permissions fix and the extended attributes fix(rare) against the new setup but that's straight forward....

If you want to be cautious and you have the room, create a new usershare called something like, 'Cache_Drive_Backup' and just use MC or rsync to copy your existing cache drive to one of your physical shares, 'disk1' (which avoids the mover).

(the different name will keep unRAID from 'moving' it and causing the cache to sync in the future) Should something happen, you'll be able to get your old cache back.

With v.5 'Hidden' shares (with dot.names) can be replaced with the new 'cache only' share setting.  YAY! Now you can SEE your app folders on the cache drive using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder! :)