Email on APCUPS Power Event

Hello All,

I attempted to search this, but did not see a clear answer. 

Is there a way to get unRaid, or via the APC plugin to send an email notification when there is a power outage/event?

If i have overlooked, apologies in advance....feel free to point me to my oversight.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

If you have unMenu installed you can install SMTP which gives you email notifications and APC and if both are installed and setup it will send you an email notification. You have to make sure that your modem, router, and unRAID are all on the UPS or if the power goes out it will not be able to send the message.

You have to make sure that your modem, router, and unRAID are all on the UPS or if the power goes out it will not be able to send the message.

I recommend a separate UPS for the wiring closet stuff, that way you can leave the comms up and shut down the unraid UPS after it's done shutting down.

I posted on this a few weeks back zarfx4. I actually updated the plugin to reflect the recent bug fix in apcupsd that was affecting the newer BackUPS Pro products. I have this version set up to send emails on power events, and am using the ssmtp package included with the Dynamix Email Notify plugin in order to do this.

If you don't want the Dynamix plugins, then I'm sure that all you'd need are the ssl dependencies in order to send out over an encrypted link (often required these days), and the ssmtp package itself. Configuration is easy with the Dynamix web UI, but I'm almost certain that it would be pretty straightforward without as well, since ssmtp is a very simple package for sending emails.

Let me find my thread with the updated plugin and associated discussions for you...

I found the thread and post that I was looking for:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15583.msg299974#msg299974

The latest version of the plugin is posted there, as well as about two pages discussing why the email notifications weren't working. Make sure to skip to my post just now about the reason why... download my example scripts rather than starting from those included with the apcupsd package (which assumes a different mail program is being used).

I found the thread and post that I was looking for:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15583.msg299974#msg299974

The latest version of the plugin is posted there, as well as about two pages discussing why the email notifications weren't working. Make sure to skip to my post just now about the reason why... download my example scripts rather than starting from those included with the apcupsd package (which assumes a different mail program is being used).

Many Thanks!!! I need to upgrade to this!!!!