Great News!!! Newegg now deliver to Australia

M0zza

Nice but did you see them example checkout they gave on the blog? A Dell 31.5 inch 4K display is €3,600. Converting Euros to dollars that's double what we pay before taxes are included and we get free shipping. Tax and duty is another €1,400 Euros plus €150 Euro shipping! I just don't see this as being worth it unless they have something you absolutely need and can't get elsewhere. Newegg needs to build warehouses over there so people can avoid out of control import duties and shipping costs. Shipping the stuff from warehouses in New Jersey to the UK and California to Australia, which is what I'm assuming they're doing for customs and shipping to be so high, just seems like a half baked idea.

Clearly not as neat as it sounds.    I had assumed they either have some very special shipping arrangements; or were warehousing some common components in Australia/UK.    Sounds like that's not the case -- and with high shipping costs; high customs duties; and at the same time a higher base cost for the products, clearly it's not the Newegg that the US & Canadian customers have all come to know so well as a reasonably priced, reliable supplier.