myMain Support and Information Thread

Have you tried looking in the "About" tab on unMENU.  Each plugin module has a revision number and most have a version number too.

Ahh, I see that now. What is the current version of MyMain? I couldn't find it listed anywhere except for the 4-10-11 date in the About section.

Have you tried looking in the "About" tab on unMENU.  Each plugin module has a revision number and most have a version number too.

Ahh, I see that now. What is the current version of MyMain? I couldn't find it listed anywhere except for the 4-10-11 date in the About section.

I have not been religious about updating the comments that generate those version updates Joe referred to. I didn't even know users could see them. I will be more diligent in the future.

Regardless of the version string bjp999 set, the SVN "revision" number is the best guide to the release you have compared to what is available for download if you click on the check for updates button on the user-scripts page.

As you can see in my screen capture, revision 262 is the latest for "07-unmenu-mymain.awk"

Joe L.

Regardless of the version string bjp999 set, the SVN "revision" number is the best guide to the release you have compared to what is available for download if you click on the check for updates button on the user-scripts page.

As you can see in my screen capture, revision 262 is the latest for "07-unmenu-mymain.awk"

Joe L.

Yup, I just couldn't find a version or revision number anywhere, thanks for posting yours to compare.

I noticed the "Born Date" link on the Drive Config page no longer works.  Looks like it was changed to http://www.westernnetworks.com/tools/seagatedatecode2.php .

Also can you make the description column wider on the "Select Another Disk" list?

Thank you.

I have made the update to the link (thanks for finding the updated one) and will include it in an update.

On my system the"Select Another Disk" list is plenty wide. Can you please post a screenshot or partial screenshot demonstrating the width issue so that I can understand the problem and hopefully fix it.

Also can you make the description column wider on the "Select Another Disk" list?

Thank you.

On my system the"Select Another Disk" list is plenty wide. Can you please post a screenshot or partial screenshot demonstrating the width issue so that I can understand the problem and hopefully fix it.

The attached picture shows how the description wraps sometimes.

column-wrap..png.5564e541afcf131c45114cae4307c336.png

Here is an updated file with the corrected hyperlink and the wider "select another disk" table.

See if this works better for you!

This will find its way into the std distribution on my next update, but for now just unzip it into your unmenu directory, overwriting the existing file.

myMainConfigDrive.zip

New feature I'm working on (see attached screenshots)

The text is superimposed on the image and is dynamic (based on your disk configuration in myMain). So as you configure each drive to a slot, it displays in that slot. Takes a bit of configuration to get the text to align properly on the image, but 5 minutes later its perfect.

You can display any info you want - disk size, serial, disk number, etc - different fields on different lines. Obviously the width is limited depending on the photo and the image scale. You can have different configs for the myserver vs myslots pictures.

The way I have mine configured in these screenshots, when you click on the last 3 letters of the drive serial, it highlights the row in the table in yellow.

Still have a few bugs to work out, as you;ll see if you look closely at the myslot picture.

Interested?

Teaser.JPG.3b0e59534819ad8e22073de6a9841727.JPG

Teaser2.JPG.301336d5a7074d2ea45dd47bf801786b.JPG

Here is an updated file with the corrected hyperlink and the wider "select another disk" table.

See if this works better for you!

This will find its way into the std distribution on my next update, but for now just unzip it into your unmenu directory, overwriting the existing file.

Thank, that's much better.  I tend to use longer Location values.  Is there any way to customize what is displayed in that list?  Right now it seems to use "Location" + "Mount/Drive".  Because I like more info, I manually populate "Location" with "Location" + "Slot" + "Size" to get it to display more info.

I like the new graphics feature. Can't wait to play with it.

Is there any way to customize what is displayed in that list?  Right now it seems to use "Location" + "Mount/Drive".  Because I like more info, I manually populate "Location" with "Location" + "Slot" + "Size" to get it to display more info.

I like the new graphics feature. Can't wait to play with it.

I am trying to understand your usage pattern leading your request to expand the "select another disk" table. Here are some notes on how I thought it would be used. Understanding what you are doing would help me address your request to enhance this feature.

I created it because over time, as I swap out disks, I still have information about old disks that are no longer in the array. There is no way to navigate to the old disks from the myMain view screens. The "select another disk" table provides a way. Also, sometimes I just want to go through and update all of the disks (for example when I assigned slots it was easier to just stay on that screen and click on each disk). But normally I click on the disk id (last few digits of S/N) on one of the view screens, this screen comes up, I do my thing, click save, and then close the window/tab.

Thanks for your questions and suggestions. Its good to see these features used!

On an unrelated note - if you are up for it, I'd like to ask you to beta test my new updates. I'll send you a PM when I've got something packaged (maybe later this week).

I'd be happy to beta test the new changes.  unMenu and myMain have become indispensable tools for maintaining my unRaid server.  I am still amazed at how much they do and how configurable they are, and that they are written primarily in awk.

I use myMain's disk info as a simple inventory of the various disks I have in my unRaid server, Windows servers/laptops, and any spares I have laying around.  RMAs also remain on the list.  The attached picture shows my current list (minus the currently selected RMA drive).

For unRaid, I usually work with the disks by disk number (parity, disk1, etc.) not serial number.  I also keep the disks in order in the 5in3 cages, so it is helpful to see the disk slot at a glance.  I use the fields like this:

Location: Server/laptop name (or Spare/RMA),  plus Slot and Size.  Ideally, I'd like to only have the name here.

Size: Disk size in TB or GB

Slot: "Cage-Slot-ControllerPort"

Mount / Drive: unRaid disk number or Windows drive letter(s).  For spares/RMAs what they were used for previously.

Controller: controller name - "AMD SB600" for the motherboard controller

Since the list is in the order the disks appear in myMain_local.conf, I manually reorder them in that file as needed.

unraid-disks.png.8c4f0ff9d2c74c9d7c95329c1159e713.png

Is this a known feature of Adhoc?

I'm not getting temps with "tempc" see graphics:

You need to check "Temperature Data" in the settings.

It works on Default and Performance screens but not on the Adhoc screen.

I see what you mean.  It probably is set for default and performance and as can be seen I didn't on the Adhoc settings graphic I posted.  Will try that tonight myself.

I'll take a look at it tonight.

I see what cassiusdrow meant now.  Likely works didn't see the additional setting I need to check.  Will confirm it is checked in default and performance tonight but in any case will try it with "Temperature Data" checked in Adhoc tonight.  Assuming that this post was for me anyway.

I see what cassiusdrow meant now.  Likely works didn't see the additional setting I need to check.  Will confirm it is checked in default and performance tonight but in any case will try it with "Temperature Data" checked in Adhoc tonight.  Assuming that this post was for me anyway.

Yep that was what was wrong.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.

Yep that was what was wrong.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.

You might ask why myMain isn't smart enough to know that you have requested the temperature column and have no need of the temperature checkbox.

Because of the use of pseudo columns (logical columns beginning with an underscore that can include other column names), it is tricky to know if a temperature column name is being added indirectly. I decided to just be consistent and ask the user to pick special data classes as part of the view definition. I could also always collect all the data classes - but by only collecting the needed classes, myMain is faster to respond.

Don't ever hesitate to ask questions. I have actually been doing some enhancements and am finding and fixing bugs that have existing for a very long time! Hope you and Cassius keep poking and prodding.

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

disk's are sorted out of order on 'smart view'.

latest version of unmenu, clean install...  do have a `myMain_local.conf`with some tweaks for my own server image / minor setting.

anyways the all of the views in mymain looks and works great,

notice there is a cache, parity, disk1-5, disk8-9, disk13-14. (so 9 disk + parity in the array):

mymain-default.png

now looking at the smart view, you see:

mymain-smart2.png

sort the other direction and you get:

mymain-smart1.png

it doesnt show all the disk# together and leaves one out... either disk1 or disk13.

also to note, sorting icon doesnt have transparent background on asc. also the HPA bg color changes on sort direction... also 'total row' doesnt seem to work right on smart view.

Try temporarily renaming the myMain_local.conf to something else, and see if the sorting is working properly just using the default settings.

You said you tweaked some settings, did you directly edit the myMain_local.conf or did you click on the view link and change the settings using the GUI?

Try temporarily renaming the myMain_local.conf to something else, and see if the sorting is working properly just using the default settings.

You said you tweaked some settings, did you directly edit the myMain_local.conf or did you click on the view link and change the settings using the GUI?

removing myMain_local.conf made no change. I only used the gui to make changes not the file directly.

• 3 months later...

Hi bjp999, I'm working on an issue in this thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36458.msg338985#msg338985

and I was hoping you might be able to provide some insight.  I'm having issues with drives outside of my array accepting hdparm spindown timer requests so I was wondering if you could provide some detail on the manual spindown command you use in myMain?  Is it just an hdparm -y command?  Thanks.

• 5 months later...