[Solved] Plex failing to start in ArchVM

My issue was locale based. Even though I had set up locale originally (I am in Canada) it seems it was not correct. I found a HowTo on setting up locale in ArchLinux and was able to get Plex to start (finally).

It appears all is now good, and I hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the assistance.

Would one of you be able to remind me how to properly redirect the Library file to another drive?

I created a 250GB disk, and thought it was just using: ln -s "original dir" "new dir", however when I do this and start to build my library I see the space disappearing on the main disk, not the data disk.

I tried just updating the conf.d/plexmediaserver path for the library but I get a SEGFAULT:

[root@archvm data]# systemctl status plexmediaserver -l

â plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; disabled)

Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Tue 2014-04-22 23:09:13 EDT; 13h ago

Process: 2665 ExecStart=/opt/plexmediaserver/start_pms (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 2668 (code=dumped, signal=SEGV)

Apr 22 23:09:13 archvm su[2666]: (to plex) root on none

Apr 22 23:09:13 archvm su[2666]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user plex by (uid=0)

Apr 22 23:09:13 archvm su[2666]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user plex

Apr 22 23:09:13 archvm systemd[1]: Started Plex Media Server for Linux.

Apr 22 23:09:13 archvm systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: main process exited, code=dumped, status=11/SEGV

Apr 22 23:09:13 archvm systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.

[root@archvm data]#

I know I had this up and running fine at one point, but have lost track of how I set this up.

Your post explains how to create the data store and mount as another drive in the VM, which I've done. I am using the data disk for SAB. My question is how I redirect /opt/plexmediaserver/Library to /mnt/data/plexmediaserver/Library

If I am blind, then sorry, but I don't see this (I just read through it again to be sure).

Maku sure ownership is correct after you move the library

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I had done this, but had to redo it. I also had to copy over all the files under /opt/plexmediaserver/Library to /mnt/data/plexmediaserver/Library as it was complaining about missing files.

Once again, I think I am all good. :)