unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta5a-x86_64 Available

Download

Please see

readme.txt

in the release zip file for installation/upgrade instructions.

Disclaimer: This is beta software.  While every effort has been made to ensure no data loss, use at your own risk!

This release primarily addresses the so-called "heartbleed" bug with OpenSSL (by upgrading openssl to 1.0.1.g).  I'll have more to say about this in a separate post.

This release contains a few other minor fixes and next release will include updated linux kernel.

Summary of changes from 6.0-beta4 to 6.0-beta5a
-----------------------------------------------
- emhttp: fix issue generating ini files with single quotes in keys  
- emhttp: support BRSTP variable to enable/disable network bridge STP
- openssl: update to openssl-1.0.1g (heartbleed bug fix)
- php: update to 5.4.26, and
  change search path for php.ini to: /etc/php
  change search path for additional ini files to: /etc/php/conf.d
  in /etc/php/php.ini include this directive:
    auto_prepend_file="/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/local_setup.php"
  local_setup.php defines the timezone and locale so that php scripts don't have to
- slack: initialize /etc/ssl/certs using update-ca-certificates
- sysinfo: added line to display OpenSSL version
- webGui: Network Settings: add control for BRSTP

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work. Particularly like this line.

- slack: initialize /etc/ssl/certs using update-ca-certificates

The macro effect of this is all scripts, addons and plugins etc no longer need the "wget --no-certificate-check" switch and in fact we should actively encourage people not to use it as we have native SSL 3 way handshake verification goodness now :)

Updated my test server and everything went well. As an observation, I have an Ubuntu server setup and I have installed rutorrent with nginx web server and it feels much more responsive with b5a. Not sure if the php has something to do with that but either way thanks!

Is your Ubuntu server in a VM or a separate physical machine? 

Updated my test server and everything went well. As an observation, I have an Ubuntu server setup and I have installed rutorrent with nginx web server and it feels much more responsive with b5a. Not sure if the php has something to do with that but either way thanks!

Is your Ubuntu server in a VM or a separate physical machine?

It is a VM

Hi Tom, LSI is still broken under Xen, none of the disks are recognized even though it looks like the LSI modules have loaded. If I boot into Unraid without Xen, then everything works as expected.

We are using Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F motherboards in next batch of AVS-10/4 servers which includes an on-board LSI 2308 that works great with or without Xen.  Probably the issue you are seeing will be solved with a kernel update (because a kernel update implies driver updates).  I was hoping -beta5 would include this but all the bad PR over 'heartbleed' has made it necessary for us to push that fix out now.

Hi Tom, LSI is still broken under Xen, none of the disks are recognized even though it looks like the LSI modules have loaded. If I boot into Unraid without Xen, then everything works as expected.

We are using Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F motherboards in next batch of AVS-10/4 servers which includes an on-board LSI 2308 that works great with or without Xen.  Probably the issue you are seeing will be solved with a kernel update (because a kernel update implies driver updates).  I was hoping -beta5 would include this but all the bad PR over 'heartbleed' has made it necessary for us to push that fix out now.

Does the need for this release mean the typical update cycle for beta6 will start from today? 

Thanks,

Marcus

Ok, I will wait for beta 6. I'm using a 9201, probably not many people running those. Any chance you have M1015 or maybe someone else has one here that can test if it has the same problem?

Ok, I will wait for beta 6. I'm using a 9201, probably not many people running those. Any chance you have M1015 or maybe someone else has one here that can test if it has the same problem?

I have a M1015 passed through to WHS2011 VM running on unRAID 6B4 Xen on SuperMicro MB X7SBE.  No problems with that arrangement.  Does that help any? I did have to make the M1015 NOT provide boot devices so WHS2011 would boot off the Virtual Drive I setup.

I upgraded earlier today and have noticed that the GUI doesn't display spun down drives anymore. Looking at the log drives are spinning down, but when looking at the GUI (either UnRAID GUI or UnMENU GUI) it appears all drives are spun up except parity.

Anyone else seeing this? I had no issues with any of the previous betas and have no plugins installed. Just the archVM for all my apps.

I upgraded earlier today and have noticed that the GUI doesn't display spun down drives anymore. Looking at the log drives are spinning down, but when looking at the GUI (either UnRAID GUI or UnMENU GUI) it appears all drives are spun up except parity.

Anyone else seeing this? I had no issues with any of the previous betas and have no plugins installed. Just the archVM for all my apps.

Nothing changed in this area, and indeed, it seems to work correctly on our test servers with both blinking and dimmed indicators.  I did notice that SSD's could be "spun down" - obviously need to fix that one.

Nothing changed in this area, and indeed, it seems to work correctly on our test servers with both blinking and dimmed indicators.  I did notice that SSD's could be "spun down" - obviously need to fix that one.

Strange. I did nothing but copy of the 4 files and reboot. I will reboot again later and see what happens. I am just happy that from the logs the drives are actually spinning down at least.

Just upgraded from b4, by copying the four files, and can confirm:

1) Version is reported as '5.0-beta5a'

2) Spun down drives are indicated with a flashing green ball.

guessing you meant to say 6.0-beta5a.  :)

I also downloaded v6.0-beta5a and upgraded from beta4 and the correct version # is displayed.

I have a M1015 passed through to WHS2011 VM running on unRAID 6B4 Xen on SuperMicro MB X7SBE.  No problems with that arrangement.  Does that help any? I did have to make the M1015 NOT provide boot devices so WHS2011 would boot off the Virtual Drive I setup.

If it is passed through to WHS2001 then its hard to say. What would happen if you do not pass it through? Can you see any of the drives in unraid that are connected to it if it is not passed through?

If it is passed through to WHS2001 then its hard to say. What would happen if you do not pass it through? Can you see any of the drives in unraid that are connected to it if it is not passed through?

Yes unRAID saw them all.  Because when I first setup the drives it was without the pciback.hide in Syslinux.cfg.  I even thought about just passing through the drives individually but didn't like what I saw in windows for device names with the 3 temporary off the MB ports I passed through.  Plus I could go past 24 drives this way since Xen is hiding the 8 off the M1015.  In order to pass through the controller at first I used two other commands I saw on the forum when I setup my WHS2011 VM.  Sorry don't remember the syntax at work.  The problem was I had to redo those commands every time I wanted to boot the VM.  By adding the pciback.hide command to Syslinux.cfg I could just start the VM.  It is now ready to be auto started - just haven't done that yet.  I only seem to remember I need to do that when I'm here at work not at home with the server. No I don't have external access setup to my house network too scared to do that.