Can't find UnRaid Server in Network folder [Solved]

Yes it does...now that that is out of the way. My xbmc says that it "can not connect to remote server"...and plex will not work. any ideas?

edit: I pulled up the system log and these are the only two minor errors I got.

Apr 30 04:32:06 Tower emhttp: shcmd (48): killall -HUP smbd (Minor Issues)

Apr 30 04:30:17 Tower kernel: ACPI BIOS Bug: Warning: Optional FADT field Pm2ControlBlock has zero address or length: 0x0000000000000000/0x1 (20130117/tbfadt-599) (Minor Issues)

Is this a new problem?  Since you reference network folder, assuming Windows client and are using SMB?  Changed the workgroup name recently or never assigned workgroup name to unRAID?  Is unRAID set as local master if it is the system that is on the most?

Is this a new problem?  Since you reference network folder, assuming Windows client and are using SMB?  Changed the workgroup name recently or never assigned workgroup name to unRAID?  Is unRAID set as local master if it is the system that is on the most?

Yes, it happened when I posted the original post. I was downstairs trying to update my xbmc library when it said "can not connect to remote server". Then I noticed that plex wasn't working on any of my other devices. Came and went to tower:8080 and it wouldn't respond. Now it's responding but nothing is working. It let's me find it if I type in \\Tower...but any other way it says that it can not find or connect to it.

I thought it was XBMC since I had just upgraded to openelec beta 6 but that wouldn't mess up the unraid box.

• 5 years later...

Just a quick note that there is anther solution to this problem without enabling SMB1. Microsoft has replaced SMB with "Function Discovery" (in a manner of speaking) and there is a daemon / script that enables that for Linux.

I have "Instructions" in the thread here:

forums.unraid.net/topic/82765-solved-windows-network-working-with-no-smb1/ 

Kevin