Server Move / Swap

If someone can answer this with a forum thread link, I'd be fine with that. Sorry if it has been answered elsewhere. I know I'm not the first to say that.  Searching for this brought on a slew of results.

I am about to rely on my server for slightly more important stuff an more use (for one a web server). So I want to get some new hardware.

I currently have about 2.27 GB of data on a 4TB array put together with stuff I had and stuff donated from friends in a gutted aluminum dual G5 Mac Case. Using a HP MoBo from the retirement pile at work. I'm tired of having to work around proprietary BIOS settings (this board needs all the OEM components (case fan, case front panel) plugged in or you have to hit F1 at boot.) ANNOYING!!!!

My question is:

I want to build  a new server. Start off with a 4TB parity and either 2-4TB or 2-3TB data drives. and reuse my 128 SSD cache after the new one is up and running. How can I build the new one and keep the old one running to move data over. Then move the remaining drives I want to keep from the old server to the new server.

I can answer this myself and say the easiest way would be to buy a new key for a new USB/GUID.

I must add I don't mind doing this and supporting Tom and this community but is there another, or for lack of a better term, free way.

I'm sorry if there is a simple and obvious solution I am overlooking.

I currently have a PLUS key.