At some point (possibly many reboots ago) drive 6 came up as unformatted

Not sure when exactly this happened, but we noticed files were missing today so when we went digging we saw that disk 6 is showing unformatted. Riserfsck says no superblock is found. I've tried moving the drive to other hot swap bays with no luck. What are the procedures for manually rebuilding the superblock on v5.0.5? I saw older threads that showed the answers for the superblock rebuild questions with v4.7 but I'm hesitant to attempt those on 5.0.5.

Make sure you ran Reiserfsck correctly.

If you get an error that says reiserfs_open: the reiserfs superblock cannot be found on /dev/sdX. Failed to open the filesystem. it usually indicates you attempted to run the file system check on the wrong device name. For almost all repairs, you would use /dev/md1, /dev/md2, /dev/md3, /dev/md4, etc. If operating on the cache drive that is not protected by parity you would use /dev/sdX1 (note the trailing "1" indicating the first partition on the cache drive)

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Check_Disk_Filesystems

If you're not sure, post the SYNTAX of the Reiserfsck command you're trying. Also post a full syslog:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9880.0

I saw the wiki page about reiserfsck; it's telling me i need to rebuild the superblock. I just want to make sure that I can use the same procedures with v5.0.5 that the linked threads used for v4.7. I've also attached a syslog. Thanks!

The reiserfsck program is unchanged, so the process is the same. 

Just make sure that if you have a parity disk then put the array into maintenance mode and do this on the /dev/md?? device where ?? corresponds to the drive number.  In this mode unRAID automatically maps the md?? device to partition 1 on the relevant drive.  If by any chance you intend to do this on the raw device (which invalidates parity) make sure you include the partition number (e.g. /dev/sdb1) as a common mistake is to omit the partition number and end up corrupting the partition table on the drive.

I re-created the super block (with the array in maintenance mode,) now reiserfsck is giving me this:

###########
reiserfsck --check started at Thu May  8 17:43:56 2014
###########
Replaying journal: Done.
Reiserfs journal '/dev/md6' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed

Checking internal tree..

Bad root block 0. (--rebuild-tree did not complete)

Aborted (core dumped)

Do I need to run:

reiserfsck --scan-whole-partition --rebuild-tree /dev/md6