[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Hey PhAze,

Thanks for all the hard work. I've transitioned to you plgs as and when they were released. I've just attempted to use your subsonic plugin. I've been on the most recent previous for ages.

I stopped that, backed up the single folder is used and installed your plg. I set the config directory to the same as for my previous install, left the rest empty and clicked go.

Anyway, it says the PID was created but the process wasn't started. In the dependencies section is says:

Java Version:INSTALLED BUT NOT WORKING

FFmpeg Version:1.2

Since then I've done a full reboot of the server to only produce the same error.

Can you help?

TIA

Hey PhAze,

Thanks for all the hard work. I've transitioned to you plgs as and when they were released. I've just attempted to use your subsonic plugin. I've been on the most recent previous for ages.

I stopped that, backed up the single folder is used and installed your plg. I set the config directory to the same as for my previous install, left the rest empty and clicked go.

Anyway, it says the PID was created but the process wasn't started. In the dependencies section is says:

Since then I've done a full reboot of the server to only produce the same error.

Can you help?

TIA

what is your install directory? 

Hey PhAze,

Can you help?

TIA

Install: /usr/local/subsonic

Config: /mnt/cache/.custom/subsonic

Hi,

Fresh install of 6.0-b9. Trying to install this Transmission plugin. Have placed transmission.64bit.plg into /boot/config/plugins and rebooted but no Transmission icon in settings page. Tried manually installing with installplg transmission.64bit.plg and get the following:

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# installplg transmission.64bit.plg

plugin: installing: transmission.64bit.plg

plugin: creating: /tmp/chk-network - from INLINE content

plugin: running: /tmp/chk-network

plugin: creating: /boot/packages/libevent-2.0.21-x86_64-1.txz - downloading from URL http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/l/libevent-2.0.21-x86_641.txz

plugin: wget: http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/l/libevent-2.0.21-x86_64-1.txz retval: 4

Still no Transmission icon in settings page, and transmission.64bit.plg has been moved to /boot/config/plugins-error.

please help!

Hey PhAze,

Can you help?

TIA

those look good. Go to your usb/packages folder and delete java from there, then reboot. It's possible the java download is corrupted. Also, in usb/config/plugins erase the subsonic folder. Do this before you reboot and it week be recreated after reboot. You will need to enter your directory location again in the config page for the plugin.

Hey PhAze,

Can you help?

TIA

those look good. Go to your usb/packages folder and delete java from there, then reboot. It's possible the java download is corrupted. Also, in usb/config/plugins erase the subsonic folder. Do this before you reboot and it week be recreated after reboot. You will need to enter your directory location again in the config page for the plugin.

Great that did it and I haven't lost a thing. Awesome work and thanks for the prompt support.

Hi PhAzE,

Thanks for all your work. I have transmission, sickbeard, couch potato and headphones all running perfectly on UNRAID v6b8.

I'm having a problem with plex that you can hopefully help with. It installs and starts fine, but when it starts, it doesn't register as a media server for some reason. So I sign in, and it takes me straight to the home screen, and says I have no servers configured. If I try to force a setup by going to ip:32400/web/index.html#!/setup, it just tells me "You don't have any media servers yet. Download and install one and try again."

I've tried both standard and PlexPass, and get the same problem. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

Hi,

Fresh install of 6.0-b9. Trying to install this Transmission plugin. Have placed transmission.64bit.plg into /boot/config/plugins and rebooted but no Transmission icon in settings page. Tried manually installing with installplg transmission.64bit.plg and get the following:

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# installplg transmission.64bit.plg

plugin: installing: transmission.64bit.plg

plugin: creating: /tmp/chk-network - from INLINE content

plugin: running: /tmp/chk-network

plugin: creating: /boot/packages/libevent-2.0.21-x86_64-1.txz - downloading from URL http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/l/libevent-2.0.21-x86_641.txz

plugin: wget: http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/l/libevent-2.0.21-x86_64-1.txz retval: 4

Still no Transmission icon in settings page, and transmission.64bit.plg has been moved to /boot/config/plugins-error.

please help!

this happens when the plugin fails to download a dependency.  In this case that dependency is libevent.  Ive found that sometimes the repos go unreachable for a few minutes/hours. Try it now or use this link:

http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/l/libevent-2.0.21-x86_64-1.txz

and copy it to your usb/packages folder. Then reboot.

Hi PhAzE,

Thanks for all your work. I have transmission, sickbeard, couch potato and headphones all running perfectly on UNRAID v6b8.

I'm having a problem with plex that you can hopefully help with. It installs and starts fine, but when it starts, it doesn't register as a media server for some reason. So I sign in, and it takes me straight to the home screen, and says I have no servers configured. If I try to force a setup by going to ip:32400/web/index.html#!/setup, it just tells me "You don't have any media servers yet. Download and install one and try again."

I've tried both standard and PlexPass, and get the same problem. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

im not 100% sure but i think you need a free plex account from plex.tv website, then use that account to login to your server.  that set up the ability to reach it externally and registers it i bellieve.

Ugh, couchpotato had another 'awesome' update today where it adds all of your completed movies back into the wanted folder then proceeds to redownload your entire library.  You may want to disable CP until the dev gets this fixed.  Usually happens when he makes database changes.

Thanks for the plugins.  I'm now using many of them.

I've only had one issue.  I run OpenVPN and when adding the plugins the chk-network script doesn't work.  The issue is that when you awk /^0.0.0.0/, this results in two entries.  One from tun5 and one for eth0.  Then it just hangs.

route -n

Kernel IP routing table

Destination    Gateway        Genmask        Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

0.0.0.0        xxx.xxx.xxx.1    128.0.0.0      UG    0      0        0 tun5

0.0.0.0        192.168.1.1    0.0.0.0        UG    202    0        0 eth0

127.0.0.0      0.0.0.0        255.0.0.0      U    0      0        0 lo

128.0.0.0      172.20.20.1    128.0.0.0      UG    0      0        0 tun5

172.20.20.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.252.0  U    0      0        0 tun5

192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0  U    0      0        0 eth0

192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0  U    202    0        0 eth0

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  192.168.1.1    255.255.255.255 UGH  0      0        0 eth0

so the result is:

xxx.xxx.xxx.1

For my simple hack to get it working I just set TIMER=0, make the awk not find anything and it merry continues after stating no network communication.

I'm not sure what this is checking for, since it continues even after determining there is no network.

Just thought I'd let you know.  I've not rebooted yet, so I'm not sure what will happen when they all install automatically.  I guess if openVPN installs last then everything should work fine, otherwise there may be trouble.

Great plugins,

david

Can you perhaps do me a quick favour?  Change the line in your plugin to this:

GATEWAY=$(route -n | grep -v 'tun' | awk '/^0.0.0.0/ {print $2}')

And reboot, and see if it still hangs for 30 seconds or not (remember to set timer back to 30 seconds since you have modified it to 0 currently). 

If that stops it from hanging when using openvpn, then i'll update all the plugins with this.

After leaving it for so long, several hours, I return home and all the services are up.  Without me doing anything.  How can I begin troubleshooting this?

I'm also trying to figure it out. It's not a problem with the plugin specifically but a problem with the GIT command. I'm going to see if I can find a newer version to put in the plugin, perhaps that 'may' fix it.

What version of unraid are you running?  6.0 or 5.0.5?

So the problem seems to be that git clone is taking a very long time to clone. I'm not sure if it's github that's the issue, sometimes couchpotato will clone fast, other times as low as 5 kb /s (i usually get around 900kb /s or more on average).  That's why they are randomely taking forever to start up after a reboot.  I'm not sure what the best way to resolve this, looking on google seems to not really have a specific answer.

Plex now has a 64bit unraid available for plexpass. Any chance we can get it switched to this instead of the deb?

Curious about this too, is there any benefit to using the 64-bit unRAID specific rather than the .DEB package?

My plugin already uses the 64bit deb, and inside that should be the same binary files as in the unraid txz they host. ill run a diff on them later to verify that.  There wouldnt be any benefit of running the txz over the deb as far as i can tell.

I'm having a strange problem with SickRage, I, along with some others, have asked on the SickRage forums, but no one seems to know why.

This happens on unraid 5 and 6, using 32 and 64 bit plugins respectively.

I try to add a new show, and a time out message appears, then SickRage becomes completely unresponsive until I restart it manually.

Now the really weird thing is that this also happens in a Docker too, so I'm guessing it must be something to do with my unraid setup, but I have no idea why.

The Mr Orange fork worked perfectly, as does the standard SickBeard and even the JunalMeida fork.

At the moment I am currently running the latest stable SickRage version on my Raspberry Pi and that also works perfectly.

Could anyone possibly help?

I'm having a strange problem with SickRage, I, along with some others, have asked on the SickRage forums, but no one seems to know why.

I try to add a new show, and a time out message appears, then SickRage becomes completely unresponsive until I restart it manually.

Now the really weird thing is that this also happens in a Docker too, so I'm guessing it must be something to do with my unraid setup, but I have no idea why.

The Mr Orange fork worked perfectly, as does the standard SickBeard and even the JunalMeida fork.

At the moment I am currently running the latest stable SickRage version on my Raspberry Pi and that also works perfectly.

I have the exact same issue which is why I'm only using the normal sickbeard. Would love to know why too!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have the exact same issue which is why I'm only using the normal sickbeard. Would love to know why too!!

I'm not sure why that would be. The only real difference in my plugin is which repo it cloned from. Unless shockwave has an extra dependency I don't know about. Does the log show anything or perhaps the unread console when it hangs?

Anything in the system log?

I'm not sure why that would be. The only real difference in my plugin is which repo it cloned from. Unless shockwave has an extra dependency I don't know about. Does the log show anything or perhaps the unread console when it hangs?

Anything in the system log?

Nothing really shows up in the SickRage log, you can view some examples here https://sickrage.tv/forums/forum/help-support/bug-issue-reports/7236-add-new-show-times-out-and-crashes-sickrage

and as for the unraid syslog, nothing shows at all.