[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

[Plex Plugin] I'm curious, I know i can rollback the plugin but what about the plex media server version (plex unraid v6) I'm having issues with green screens and would like to rollback ... I use the plex pass branch and have tried replacing the deb file but the newest version persists? I'm sure it's some uninstall command I have to run but not sure how. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Firstly many thanks for the plugins, they're hugely appreciated.

I got the following error when trying to install sickbeard:

installing plugin: sickbeard

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "sickbeard" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
xml parse error

I installed sickbeard_alt which installed without issues (not sure yet what the difference is).

Firstly many thanks for the plugins, they're hugely appreciated.

I got the following error when trying to install sickbeard:

installing plugin: sickbeard

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "sickbeard" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
xml parse error

I installed sickbeard_alt which installed without issues (not sure yet what the difference is).

You shoudl try the sickbeard one again, the two plugins are identical except one is labelled _alt so they can run side by side.  Parse error usually means a problem in the xml but i've seen this happen as fluke before.

This version of plex is only for plex pass users.  Once this version goes to the general public they will update their link on the download page (which is searchable with wget) and I will then change over the plex plugin to the TXZ file binaries.  Shouldn't be any difference any ways but its on the list of things to do once they get to the right point.

Hello Everyone,

I have made an update to all plugins, here are the latest updates:

- NZBDrone now uses mono-3.8.0 (i have compiled for unraid 5 and 6 and they are now hosted)

- Fixed - when running "currentversion" from command line when app was not installed, it would crash, now shows "not installed"

- Changed text for when version number was not found locally

- Updated network check script to exclude VPN tunnels, as it was coming back with two gateways and hanging the script (let me know if this still doesn't work)

- Plex still gets updates (verified) and once txz files (64 bit) are released to general public and not just plex pass users, I'll switch over to txz instead of deb files

- Plex now able to pass special characters in password for plex pass

- Added a donation link on plugin config page for those interested

NEXT UPDATE:

For the next update to all plugins, I will be adding the ability (hopefully) to disable automatic update checking for those that don't like it checking when the config page loads.  Once disabled, a manual check button will show so you can check manually instead.  It will be a little while until it's completed, life's been a little busier than normal lately :)

As always, please let me know if you find any new bugs. If you find a show stopper, downgrade the plugin and post the problem here.  FYI Mono downloads are large and may take a while (like 15 minutes sometimes) to update/download.

-=PhAzE=-

im having a problem when subsonic is run as nobody album work does now show up as subsonic cant create thumbnails but when subsonic is run as root everything will show up properly. i assume this is a permission issue. any help??

Have you switched back to 'nobody' after going to root?  If it is a problem with permissions, doing a switch in my plugin from nobody to root, back to nobody will chown the entire config directory and resolve that. (if that's the actual cause, works fine on mine with nobody)

Have you switched back to 'nobody' after going to root?  If it is a problem with permissions, doing a switch in my plugin from nobody to root, back to nobody will chown the entire config directory and resolve that. (if that's the actual cause, works fine on mine with nobody)

went back to nobody as you stated hoping it was fixed but still same error. going back to root still works fine.

this is the error i get on my subsonic log "WARN CoverArtController Failed to create thumbnail"

Tried to install couchpotato_64bit.plg on Unraid 6.0-beta10a-x86_64

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 165
plugin: xml parse error

Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

Jim

Tried to install couchpotato_64bit.plg on Unraid 6.0-beta10a-x86_64

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 165
plugin: xml parse error

Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

Jim

Yes. Bad download of the plugin.  Happens sometimes. Download it again from the first page of this forum and put it in your plugins folder, then either reboot or run "installplg /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato.64bit.plg"  :)

Other than the message that MediaBrowser 3 waiting for Devs, wondering there is an update on this? Just wondering... Thank you.

apparently his next release week be a packages Linux release so I'll be able to finish the plugin with that hopefully. The plugin works if you manually install it right now but it has no way of finding new versions or the current version installed.

Thanks for all your effort dude, I will be sure to donate when I get my box up and configured.

Quick question, if i want to run these plugins on my cache ssd and not the flash, do I simply just create folders on the cache i.e 

config/plugins  and place the plg in there?

PhAzE, thank you for all your work in making the plugins available. I am using the Plex plugin on v5, and it is working nicely.

Anyone,

I am on the verge of building a new server, and am trying to understand what is available/working in v6 beta, and evaluating how to proceed.

Are there any other guides or lists of other plugins and/or scripts that are confirmed to work for V6? I am looking just for the basics: unMenu, email notification, screen, parity check, preclear. come to mind.  (Not sure what is part of the base O/S for v6 ?) I have been digging around a lot, and am getting lost with all the changes going on. I know that any application can be run virtualized in a Docker container, but I want to get myself boot strapped into v6 with just some basics so I can explore and learn some more.....Perhaps I am not searching for the right things, but I have been searching a lot and reading a lot, and am not finding this "getting started with v6" info that I need.

Thanks for all your effort dude, I will be sure to donate when I get my box up and configured.

Quick question, if i want to run these plugins on my cache ssd and not the flash, do I simply just create folders on the cache i.e 

config/plugins  and place the plg in there?

no, the plugin file needs to go on the usb stick but it doesn't run on there, it will run where ever you set the install directory on the plugin config page.

Other than the message that MediaBrowser 3 waiting for Devs, wondering there is an update on this? Just wondering... Thank you.

apparently his next release week be a packages Linux release so I'll be able to finish the plugin with that hopefully. The plugin works if you manually install it right now but it has no way of finding new versions or the current version installed.

Thanks PhAze. Your work is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to another outstanding plugin in MediaBrowser 3 (btsync plz. :-) )

Thanks PhAze. Your work is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to another outstanding plugin in MediaBrowser 3 (btsync plz. :-) )

Im looking at BTSync. Doesn't look too hard to code, however i'm not familiar with the app.  For example, when I select a folder to sync it tells me I don't have write permissions... but that folder has full permissions.  What does selecting that folder do exactly?  Is that like where the torrents download to?  (perhaps im misunderstanding what this app does).

I use btsync to synchronize files from several sources to my unraid box. For example, I create a folder, work_docs (/mnt/user/backup/work_docs), in my unraid server via btysnc gui, and then I copy the "read+write Key" and paste it to the btsync app on the pc where my work docs exist. In this case my documents folder in Windows. All the files eventually upload to the unraid server and is synced. I also have the option to sync another work pc with the same files using the same read+write key.

My iphone and android devices also have btsync apps installed and I sync all my photos to my unraid server as well, they all have different folders on unraid: /mnt/user/backup/iphone

I only use btsync to back up docs and photos. Presently I have up to 10 pc's and devices syncing to my unraid.

http://www.getsync.com/